need critique on this semi bluff

Villain leans towards the aggressive style at times. PF raise is 18 % and VPIP of 35 %. He plays a solid game of what Ive noticed and is able to lay down hands at times. I think the call after his reraise is good.Game #1244219004: Hold'em NL ($2/$5) - 2006/01/01 - 02:57:10 (UK)Table "UticUtic" Seat 1 is the button. Seat 1: cmart2180 ($583.82 in chips)Seat 3: Binbs ($899 in chips)Seat 4: Flopitza ($403.25 in chips)Seat 5: BadMuck ($726.13 in chips)Binbs: posts small blind $2Flopitza sits outBadMuck: posts big blind $5----- HOLE CARDS -----dealt to Binbs [7h 4h]cmart2180: raises to $25Binbs: calls $23BadMuck: calls $20----- FLOP ----- [5h 8h 2d]Binbs: checksBadMuck: checkscmart2180: bets $45Binbs: calls $45BadMuck: folds----- TURN ----- [5h 8h 2d][Jc]Binbs: checkscmart2180: bets $100Binbs: raises to $300cmart2180: raises to $513.82 and is all-inBinbs: calls $213.82

I hope you lost that was no semi bluff an inside straight draw isnot a viable out my friend, also that raise don't look like any fool empty bluff itself , and fool how can you bluff and call? How did he fold on the river by the way: maybe you mean induced him to raise allin with nothing?

Gene, the OP has a gut-shot straight flush draw.Binbs, I don't like the pre-flop call, but if you're capable of outplaying the opponent, I suppose it's not terrible. Just sucks that we're going to be out of position and encouraging the BB to come in with us also.That said, if we're going to push (semi-bluff) this hand, I think we've got to do it on the flop. We've got great equity there, but it goes to shit when a blank hits on the turn.

Well I definately thought that I could get him to lay it down on the turn with a big raise.I was sure that he hadnt hit anything untill he reraised all in, and I figured it screamed more strength to smooth call on flop and check raise on turn.

I was sure that he hadnt hit anything untill he reraised all in
you shouldn't have played this in the first place. Suited connectors make lots of money, but not suited 2 gappers to that kind of a raise and usually going heads up. if you were sure he had something when he pushed all-in, why would you call? I guess you were "pot committed." Don't get yourself in too deep and in a situation where you have to call and flip over 7 high.Sorry my first post wasn't as constructive. I was kinda drunk. But if you are going to make plays like this, you really shouldn't play poker.

Poker players are a breed apart hiers to the wild west; calls like that are named "sees": "I se ya"( You don't live with a sixgun on your hip and talk tight old ladies from london)

Poker players are a breed apart hiers to the wild west; calls like that are named "sees": "I se ya"( You don't live with a sixgun on your hip and talk tight old ladies from london)
haha awesome