how's my line here?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is MP1 with T:spade:, A:club:. 2 folds, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: (6 SB) T:diamond:, T:heart:, A:heart: (6 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 bets, Hero calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, SB calls, BB folds.Turn: (4.50 BB) 9:heart: (3 players)SB checks, UTG+2 bets, SB calls, UTG+2 calls.River: (13.50 BB) 8:club: (3 players)SB bets, SB calls.Final Pot: 17.50 BBI was torn between calling and raising PF? Suggestions on my plays here?

raise preflop. Seems like we got lucky and someone with a flush is stuck. flop ok.turn ok.river ok.lots of money, nice win.But raising preflop puts more money in. Good chance we lost hella value by not raising preflop.

Guest Zach6668
sshe says just call preflop, but it's probably close.Not sure about the turn line. check/call/3-bet? what if sb just calls?I don't really know what a better line is though. maybe just raise the turn?
I raise AT from MP almost every time... I'm quite aggressive, however. 10% PFR at 10000 hands.Zach

ATo is one of those hands I used to always raise with given the chance, but my small sample showed me I was losing money on it, so now I'd probably just call preflop.As for postflop, I'm raising the turn given how it played out. There was no guarantee, and indeed, no real reason to believe that SB would go for a c/r here as they did. Unless there's some read you had you're not telling us about.

ATo is one of those hands I used to always raise with given the chance, but my small sample showed me I was losing money on it, so now I'd probably just call preflop.As for postflop, I'm raising the turn given how it played out. There was no guarantee, and indeed, no real reason to believe that SB would go for a c/r here as they did. Unless there's some read you had you're not telling us about.
I guess I should have put that in the original post. I was fairly certain (80% or so) that the sb was on a flush draw. Given the texture of the board, there was nothing else he could be drawing to (excluding gutshots, which I thought were unlikely since that would be KQ, KJ, QJ, and I would expect a pf raise).
Guest Zach6668
I just checked my ATo stats.. through >10000 hands, I have had it 90 times, and it is my 4th most profitable hand, for some reason (in terms of total $ won), but only .62 BB / Hand. Apparently I only raise it 46% of the time as well. I tend to ditch it EP or to a raise.Zach
I just checked my ATo stats.. through >10000 hands, I have had it 90 times, and it is my 4th most profitable hand, for some reason (in terms of total $ won), but only .62 BB / Hand. Apparently I only raise it 46% of the time as well. I tend to ditch it EP or to a raise.Zach
I just checked my ATo and through 15000 hands i've netted -14.38 and I typically raise with it every chance i get from MP on (if no one else has). That's strange because i thought it was a good hand for me. hmm, how many just limp with AT0?

ATo is one of those hands I hate preflop... even though preflop doesn't really matter that much anyway.I fold EP and most MP's, 100% of the time to a raise. I also raise it 100% of the time in LP.I just hate calling with it.The flop call is what got you paid on this hand. Nh.

Since this seems to have turned into a discussion on ATo, I presently play it via limp in early position (Folding would probably be better), raise middle-to-late, fold it to a raise except in the big blind. It seems to be working for me now.But yeah, nice job just calling the flop either way. I generally don't like to slowplay, but this was the perfect opportunity for it, and it paid off huge. Nicely done.

I raise AT from MP almost every time... I'm quite aggressive, however. 10% PFR at 10000 hands.
I have a 12% PFR and i fold AT0ff from MP1 in a full ring game.I raise it from MP3 or later.Maybe it isn't "definitely" a fold, but i'd "definitely" suggest doing it.
I just checked my ATo and through 15000 hands i've netted -14.38 and I typically raise with it every chance i get from MP on (if no one else has). That's strange because i thought it was a good hand for me. hmm, how many just limp with AT0?
Considering we all have extremely limited samples for individual hands, you wont be proving much like that.but with that in mind,After 290 hands, im doing +13BB/100 with A10off after having folded it from MP1 or earlier every time, and from MP2, a VPIP (and PFR) of 10%. My VPIP from the button with it, on the other hand, is 65%.

pre: good. You can raise, read on limper helps..loose guy, raise. tight blinds, raise. ATo in multiway pot for 2 bets, no thank you.flop: I like. Bet if chekd to though.turn: Raise. SB may fold. Often he'll call two if he's calling 1... but no guarantee you get lead into on river. scary board, potential action killer.as is, worked out well to smooth call. I don't think it's best too. Generally speaking: you make more when your oppoents still think they have outs.imo.*** read replies ***Abbracadabra: AT is never a fold for 1 bet in small stakes poker! I'll keep saying that until it becomes a profitable hand for me! ( it barely is)I like raise first in from MP+Limp otherwise.OP:good read SB had flush.Awfully strong read.I suggest you leave that game. I wouldn't want to play against oppoents who 80% make the right plays! Give him a wider range, and raise that turn! ps: Did you win? :roll:

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T, A. 2 folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, 1 fold, CO calls, 1 fold, SB completes, BB checks.
I hate limping with AT, because it is very difficult to play postflop- especially if I hit my hand.In a muliway pot, what kind of flop are we hoping for?If the flop comes A66, and someone is playing back at me, I must be behind.This is why I either fold preflop or raise it up to minimize the number of opponents.
Flop: (6 SB) T, T, A (6 players)
... well I guess that works
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 bets, Hero calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, SB calls, BB folds
See how many people you can bring along for the ride.
Turn: (4.50 BB) 9 (3 players) SB checks, UTG+2 bets, Hero calls, SB raises, UTG+2 calls, Hero 3-bets, SB calls, UTG+2 calls.
I don't think I would slowplay this turn.The goal of slowplaying is to get an extra bet or two on the river when you raise there.But when I see a board like this, I see an opporunity to possibly play an enormous pot.If my opponents have the T or a flush, they may be willing to play the turn and river quite hard.So by raising now, we could see a lot of action that would result in even larger profits. --cnm