Detroit Pistons

I'm not sure how we define fan support of the NBA, but the only way I think that you can do it is through TV ratings. And the NBA TV ratings first started to develop during the bird/magic rivalry. And they reached their peak ( to this day) when Micheal Jordan was making his runs with the bulls. No NBA games ever got the ratings that the bulls games did. The nba is a star based league. Maybe you can have a more team oriented style of play, but stars are what bring fans to the game, they are what make the causual fan tune in, not fundimentals. If fundemental team game meant anything to the causual fan, the WNBA would be a ratings power house, not a jopke.

Chris Kaman needs to look in the mirror and realize he has the worst hair in the history of humankind and do something about it
No arguments from me there. He definitely walks to the beat of his own drummer.
I'm not sure how we define fan support of the NBA, but the only way I think that you can do it is through TV ratings. And the NBA TV ratings first started to develop during the bird/magic rivalry. And they reached their peak ( to this day) when Micheal Jordan was making his runs with the bulls. No NBA games ever got the ratings that the bulls games did. The nba is a star based league. Maybe you can have a more team oriented style of play, but stars are what bring fans to the game, they are what make the causual fan tune in, not fundimentals. If fundemental team game meant anything to the causual fan, the WNBA would be a ratings power house, not a jopke.
Magic's Lakers, Bird's Celtics, and Jordan's championship Bulls teams all played team ball. After MJ left the Bulls, the game became so one-on-one oriented up until the Spurs/Pistons of today. That's what I'm saying. You are equating "fundamental" ball with low scoring and defense, and that is not the case. Those three teams mentioned played team ball and scored a lot of points and at least played "good" defense. Yes, they had big stars, but every single team that makes a serious run at a title has a star on it.

The NBA is a star-driven league, without a doubt. It's almost impossible to win an NBA championship w/o playing fundamental team basketball (Jordan's, Bird's, Magic's teams...), but it's possible to win an NBA championship (lately at least) w/o a superstar (Pistons), or at least w/o a MARKETABLE superstar.The Lakers were a trainwreck of a team, and they got great ratings. The Pistsons play "the right way" and draw relatively luke-warm ratings.The league is BASED on superstars; it's how The Commish wants it. To suggest otherwise is folly.Wang

Pro sports and now college sports are all driven by the big play. The big play shows up on Sportscenter. A guy makes a big dunk, but his team loses by 30 and the play will still be hyped. It's like a defensive back that makes a nice play, after he has been torched all day and he celebrates with a dance or some type of gesture. I saw a guy for GreenBay I think do that last night. The QB OVERTHREW his receiver, the D-Back did nothing, but he had to make all kinds of gestures and what not...even though his defense had nothing to do with it.We are a "me first" culture. What can I do to promote myself, to get noticed and sell more products or in the case of college guys get drafted higher.I enjoy big plays, but I respect winning more. The Pistons, Tim Duncan, Peyton Manning, guys that just do their job get much respect from me.As Jim Brown once said when asked why he didn't spike the ball when he made a touchdown, he said "I want to act like I've been there before."

The NBA is a star-driven league, without a doubt. It's almost impossible to win an NBA championship w/o playing fundamental team basketball (Jordan's, Bird's, Magic's teams...), but it's possible to win an NBA championship (lately at least) w/o a superstar (Pistons), or at least w/o a MARKETABLE superstar.The Lakers were a trainwreck of a team, and they got great ratings. The Pistsons play "the right way" and draw relatively luke-warm ratings.The league is BASED on superstars; it's how The Commish wants it. To suggest otherwise is folly.Wang
since when is this argument about a "star driven league" vs. a "non-star driven league" ??? Who says you can't have "stars" on a team that plays "team ball." The Lakers dynasty with Magic, the Celtics dynasty with Bird, and the Bulls dynasty with Jordan...those three teams had "big stars" and played team ball. I am not saying that the NBA ISN"T a star driven league. I am saying, however, that I am saying that if more teams played a better quality of Bball, which would be "team ball," then the league would be much more popular. Right now, the NBA isn't even CLOSE to as popular as the NFL or even baseball, and I think it could be. If Garnett's T-wolves, and Kobe's Lakers, and Lebron's Cavs, and many of the other teams with "stars" on them played "team ball," I think the league would be much more powerful b/c you would have BOTH big stars and good basketball. Right now, the only teams I enjoy watching are the Spurs, Pistons, the Suns, the Pacers, and the Heat. Those are the only teams that play good "team ball," in my opinion and that I have seen. I think if more teams and more big stars played like that, the NBA would be more popular, b/c watching Kobe go one on one for an entire game is just stupid, and that is what half the league does. Fortunately, the leauge is, in my opinion, going in the right direction, as the "team ball" aspect does seem more prevalent than a few years ago. Yes, the Pistons don't have "huge" ratings b/c they have no big star, that is true, but the Heat play team ball and if they made the finals their ratings would be pretty good b/c they play good basketball AND b/c they have Shaq and D-Wade.
Pro sports and now college sports are all driven by the big play. The big play shows up on Sportscenter. A guy makes a big dunk, but his team loses by 30 and the play will still be hyped. It's like a defensive back that makes a nice play, after he has been torched all day and he celebrates with a dance or some type of gesture. I saw a guy for GreenBay I think do that last night. The QB OVERTHREW his receiver, the D-Back did nothing, but he had to make all kinds of gestures and what not...even though his defense had nothing to do with it.We are a "me first" culture. What can I do to promote myself, to get noticed and sell more products or in the case of college guys get drafted higher.I enjoy big plays, but I respect winning more. The Pistons, Tim Duncan, Tom Brady, guys that just do their job get much respect from me.As Jim Brown once said when asked why he didn't spike the ball when he made a touchdown, he said "I want to act like I've been there before."
FYP.Let's let Manning win a Super Bowl before we put him in here.
Pro sports and now college sports are all driven by the big play.  The big play shows up on Sportscenter.  A guy makes a big dunk, but his team loses by 30 and the play will still be hyped.  It's like a defensive back that makes a nice play, after he has been torched all day and he celebrates with a dance or some type of gesture.  I saw a guy for GreenBay I think do that last night.  The QB OVERTHREW his receiver, the D-Back did nothing, but he had to make all kinds of gestures and what not...even though his defense had nothing to do with it.We are a "me first" culture.  What can I do to promote myself, to get noticed and sell more products or in the case of college guys get drafted higher.I enjoy big plays, but I respect winning more.  The Pistons, Tim Duncan, Tom Brady, guys that just do their job get much respect from me.As Jim Brown once said when asked why he didn't spike the ball when he made a touchdown, he said "I want to act like I've been there before."
Good addition (TB) to the list. But Peyton is a star who's team win and he shuns the personal glory. Either way, good point.
Pro sports and now college sports are all driven by the big play.  The big play shows up on Sportscenter.  A guy makes a big dunk, but his team loses by 30 and the play will still be hyped.  It's like a defensive back that makes a nice play, after he has been torched all day and he celebrates with a dance or some type of gesture.  I saw a guy for GreenBay I think do that last night.  The QB OVERTHREW his receiver, the D-Back did nothing, but he had to make all kinds of gestures and what not...even though his defense had nothing to do with it.We are a "me first" culture.  What can I do to promote myself, to get noticed and sell more products or in the case of college guys get drafted higher.I enjoy big plays, but I respect winning more.  The Pistons, Tim Duncan, Tom Brady, guys that just do their job get much respect from me.As Jim Brown once said when asked why he didn't spike the ball when he made a touchdown, he said "I want to act like I've been there before."
Good addition (TB) to the list. But Peyton is a star who's team win and he shuns the personal glory. Either way, good point.
Yeah, I'm not taking Manning OFF that list, just if you are going to give one example of a QB, then it's gotta be Brady for now.
Yeah, I'm not taking Manning OFF that list, just if you are going to give one example of a QB, then it's gotta be Brady for now.
Agree 100%
Magic's Lakers, Bird's Celtics, and Jordan's championship Bulls teams all played team ball. After MJ left the Bulls, the game became so one-on-one oriented up until the Spurs/Pistons of today. That's what I'm saying. You are equating "fundamental" ball with low scoring and defense, and that is not the case. Those three teams mentioned played team ball and scored a lot of points and at least played "good" defense. Yes, they had big stars, but every single team that makes a serious run at a title has a star on it.
No, I'm saying no one watched the bulls games to watch team basketball. They watched bulls games to watch jordan go off...
I disagree. The Knicks are the best team in the NBA. Well...at least Uconn is good.
Did you see the game against the Nets? I thought the NBA Dunk Contest wasn't until All-Star weekend, but it took place at the Garden and the only participants were the Nets. The Knicks have way too many $ heavy contracts on mediocre players, and I have a feeling that Larry Brown will retire after this season (I probably would too if I had to watch this mess).On a brighter note, you're right UConn is looking good.
Go Heat! Clutch shot by Rasheed put them over the top. Detroit is tough!
Dwayne Wade played a great game. He just toyed with Detroit in the 3rd and scored at will. To think, Detroit could have had him, but we drafted Darko instead. Haslem made a few big shots for the Heat also. I love the NBA.

I'm not a Pistons fan, but their defense is probablly the best defense I've ever seen. (Including the Bulls)

Dwayne Wade played a great game. He just toyed with Detroit in the 3rd and scored at will. To think, Detroit could have had him, but we drafted Darko instead. Haslem made a few big shots for the Heat also. I love the NBA.
In my fantasy league, before the season started, i had Darko as a sleeper. I picked him like 12th round, and my friend thought that was a really good pick,and really wanted him, So he offered me Marcus Camby for Darko. I accepted, and it worked out great for me. :-)
In my fantasy league, before the season started, i had Darko as a sleeper. I picked him like 12th round, and my friend thought that was a really good pick,and really wanted him, So he offered me Marcus Camby for Darko. I accepted, and it worked out great for me. :-)
Nice trade. Camby is having a career year, even though he is out right now with a finger injury. Definitely a good move on your part.

Anybody ever heard the song "Record Haters" by E-40? well, that's okay, it sucks.But it might be the best song ever if you're a Pistons fan. It prominently involves Rasheed Wallace, and the following line, which is the greatest lyric in the history of rap."What's that nigga's name? RASHEEEED WALLACE!"I was at the Heat game last night, and it was amazing. The atmosphere is unbelieveable for Pistons games. I think it was MORE intense last night than many of the playoff games I saw last year. The place just goes NUTS, especially when (what's that nigga's name?) RASHEEEED WALLACE! touches the ball.Pistons = awesomeWang