This is from memory, sorry about the format:Preflop: Hero is Cutoff with 7c 7dUTG calls, 2 fold, MP2 raises, BB calls, UTG callsFlop: (10.5 SB) 10c 7h 5c 5 playersBB checks, UTG checks, MP2 bets, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP4 callsTurn: (13 BB) Jh 4 playersUTG checks, MP2 bets, MP4 calls, Hero CallsRiver: (29 BB) 2s 4 playersUTG Bets, MP4 calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.Final Pot: (45 BB)Thoughts?

Crazy hand.I would fold the river. It's very likely it will get capped behind you. Also, the turn action indicated that you're beat pretty badly. I hate folding sets on the river. Especially in huge pots. And I've suggested doing it twice this week.

If this is correctly in the micro limit forum, then i'm not folding. I've folded a set in monstrous 1/2 pots twice, and BOTH times the two almost average players (not maniacs in any sense of the word) greatly overplayed their hands. It might be painful to do, but i would call. (it might help to know if the table played completely crazy like this before...45BB!)Notice that one of the aggressors play is very strange. UTG limps and then calls one bet. He check/calls two cold on the flop, and then 2 more. What does he have? UTG isn't checking JJ on the flop, and the way the action goes he probably has 5 5, X Jc, and maybe 10 10. MP2 is the preflop raiser, and could have AA-10 10, possibly AJc if he is a maniac. Maybe i love my sets...but i'm calling.

Thanks for the replies. This was micro. I thought I had it made on the river when neither flush draw hit. I was only worried about the straight and the set of tens, and I wasn't quite sure how to calculate mathematically whether or not to call-- river play is definitely my weak spot.

This is from memory, sorry about the format:Preflop: Hero is Cutoff with 7c 7dUTG calls,  2 fold, MP2 raises, BB calls, UTG callsFlop: (10.5 SB) 10c 7h 5c 5 playersBB checks, UTG  checks, MP2 bets, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP4 callsTurn: (13 BB) Jh 4 playersUTG checks, MP2 bets, MP4 calls, Hero CallsRiver: (29 BB) 2s 4 playersUTG Bets, MP4 calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.Final Pot: (45 BB)Thoughts?
Absolutely insane hand...If the table isnt usually so maniacal, the capping of the turn when the straight gets there wouldve scared me off. At this point, theres just too much that can beat me. I disagree with wingmaster that 89 makes sense for UTG - would you call UTG preflop with 89? And then call a raise when youre gonna be out of position all the time?Its not impossible that one of the MPs has it though - we all know how pretty 8 :club: 9 :D can look from there.I'd think Id be more likely up against a higher set, either 10s, or Js are possible from MP2 most likely.If I was heads up, this would definitely be one of those ocasions when I was willing to pay off a higher set, but with all that action, I think its a clear fold on the turn.Even with 30-odd BB in the pot, youre not getting the right odds to hit the case 7 - probably the only card that can help you - on the river.You certainly cant call the river, as you know its gonna get capped behind you - literally nothing will scare them off.Id be very intersted to see the results though...

I'm calling down. The chance that they'll show down 2 grossly overplayed hands and we'll have folded from a 40 bb + pot is just to big for me to fold. The tilt factor would be incredible.As is we're getting over 10:1 on the river even if we need to call 4 bets. What limit this is matters a lot. If this is .50/1 or lower i'm def calling.