vp$ip w/ table strategy....

So correct if I'm wrong please...I'm playing Party w/ PokerTracker running...If I see someone at my table with a VP$IP at 60%+ these should be the players I should be targetting as I'm more likely to draw more cash out of em when I got it. yes/no? :club: What sucks though is these are the same people who will call your 10$ PF raise w/ hands such as 44 and hit a set on the flop when U hold something like QQ.

stone, I had a guy at my .50/1 NL table the other day with a VPIP of 93% over a couple hundred hands. He went from $100 to $250 and then promptly lost it all. He tore me up when the flop came A74 and I held AK. He decided to get in there with 63s and chase his gut-shot...and hit it. That said, I made my money back by aggressively value betting and forcing him to throw his money away as a dog.

Yeah, in particular you want guys with high VP$IP% and low AFs, as this means they're playing a lot of hands and check/calling them all the way down--the ideal type of opponent.I'm presuming you play primarily NL?Just as an aside, I can deal with someone calling with a small pair against my overpair and flopping a set--I've done it myself more than once. What I have trouble with are the guys who chase their set all the way ot the river, or alternately, call with 2 undercards to my overpair and hit two-pair.

Yeah, in particular you want guys with high VP$IP% and low AFs, as this means they're playing a lot of hands and check/calling them all the way down--the ideal type of opponent.I'm presuming you play primarily NL?Just as an aside, I can deal with someone calling with a small pair against my overpair and flopping a set--I've done it myself more than once. What I have trouble with are the guys who chase their set all the way ot the river, or alternately, call with 2 undercards to my overpair and hit two-pair.
By AF's u mean low post flop aggression ratings? like less than 1.0 ideally?yea definately.Re: your aside, yea I don't mind it either if it's a good player that actually made the call. When it's a cash-money maniac though it drives me up the wall :club:
By AF's u mean low post flop aggression ratings? like less than 1.0 ideally?
Yep. Though even if you include preflop numbers, I doubt someone with the 60+VP$IP has a very high AF unless they're a complete maniac. This goes double for NL. I'm a limit player myself, but that doesn't change the type of opponent I seek out.