just starting with plo

a set is actually a drawing hand in omaha since it rarely wins any big pots unimproved.since you're oop, i'd check that flop. if it gets bet, just call if it gets called at other spots. however, if there's a bet and it's folded around to you, re-pot since you're ahead of all hands now (since it's heads up). then pot it on a safe turn. or if the turn looks scary, check again and see what develops.if you had this hand in late position, however, pot it regardless once it gets to you. omaha is all about position, remember that and you'll do fine.

wp.like the last post said, oop you can check this on the flop and play how they said to(when I first started playing Omaha I would check raise the flop... then I learned to go for the check/call the flop and check raise the turn with a baduga/straight-less board and top set). You got the perfect flop (top set over middle set), you likely get this players stack if the board pairs(Quads withstanding). BetOnBullets had a good wrap there for the straight, check folding the turn, against a made hand(at least one person has you beat - but they did not bet here - the next players call tells you that you are behind) is not a bad option(I like the play a lot). Attilahunx is wanting to throw their money away, keep that in mind.

The biggest problem here is you're out of position. I think you played it as you should, although I'm not sure I could've laid down top set before the river. :-)I don't like checking the flop for a couple reasons. First, you don't want to give a free card. The other players may both be on draws and you don't want them to draw cheap. You have the current nuts, so you should make the draws pay.Second, you want to build the pot in case a blank hits the turn. You should be betting the pot every chance you get until it's obvious you're beat. Which, I believe, is what you did. The hard part of PLO is making huge laydowns, which you were able to do. So, good job.Personally, I would've bet the turn. A bet of about $3 (twice what you bet the flop) would've been good. It's more of a defensive/info bet. If both players call, you get to see the river cheap and can check/fold if you don't improve. If you get raised, you can safely fold.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mind that you laid down top set, but as stated above, a defensive bet might have let you see the river. If you got to see the river, and the board paired (not a q, but any other pair), then you'd be getting Attilahunx's chips. In fact, I might even bet the pot on the turn, since I often like to play the same way if I am drawing as if I have a nut hand.