i hate home games

this was a crap homegame, with 10 donks (lots of horrible plays)its down to 6 left. the more i look at this hand the more i realize how little attention i paidi'm c/o with 10,10 blinds aare like 3/6 i have a stack of around 80-90.there is 1 limp from UTG, 1 limp from my right (utg +1), i was thinking push, but decide to limp. button folds, and sb complete BB checks.flop is 4,8, J 2 clubs.pot (30.00) checks around to my right (utg +1) who decides to bet out. (this guy was tight, and not that experienced.)he bet 10.00 into this 30.00 pot. I raised to 30.folds around back to him, he called.turn is a 2nd Jack, and its another club . he bets out 20.wtf? did i play this hand stupidly? i'm sitting with about 50 in chips now, with 20 to call. its pretty much push or fold. and i'm annoyed with myself that i didnt push preflop.

With over 20 chips in the pot already I think you need to raise this up. Either to something around 30 or just push.As is thats a weird turn. A lot of times you see people make that bet with an 8 as since a second J hits they doubt you have it. But at the same time some people will suddenly think, O i have trip jacks i'm good. I think the turn is pretty read based but if hes tight and a donk i'm most likely folding as hes more likely to have option #2.

With over 20 chips in the pot already I think you need to raise this up.  Either to something around 30 or just push.As is thats a weird turn.  A lot of times you see people make that bet with an 8 as since a second J hits they doubt you have it.  But at the same time some people will suddenly think, O i have trip jacks i'm good.  I think the turn is pretty read based but if hes tight and a donk i'm most likely folding as hes more likely to have option #2.
the idea of raising with 10's sickens me, no offence, but i'm commiting myself to a pot that wil likely get 3 to the flop.i'd opt limp or push, cuz i could throw it away if it looks bad, trap if a 10 hits, or push preflop because i want blinds with a shorter stack.the more i review, the more i think push preflop.P.S. i did fold the turn.

sorry, i should probably add that the reason raising sickens me, is because i was the 2nd shortest stack out of the 6and 3 players had large leads, and the entire game consisted of limp/calling the entire time.when raises occured, you could guarantee that original limpers were calling, they limped cuz they wanted a flop, and dint plan to back down now.

sorry,  i should probably add that the reason raising sickens me, is because i was the 2nd shortest stack out of the 6and 3 players had large leads, and the entire game consisted of  limp/calling the entire time.when raises occured, you could guarantee that original limpers were calling, they limped cuz they wanted a flop, and dint plan to back down now.
Its a push then, wasnt sure how the stacks were and how the game was being played.

From everything you said, I think pushing is best here. Especially if you think you're going to get a loose call from Ax or a mid pair. If the others are really dominating right now, you have to find a spot to double up and I think this would be a good time.

From what you're saying though,If these were true donks, wouldn't any of them hold a two card combination that included a J, ie; KJ, QJ, JT?I agree it's read based, but either you push preflop because you're the second smallest stack, or you play them as you would say 33. Hit a set or fold. I've played in games like this and pairs smaller than J's I usually play fit or fold, because the likely hood of anyone having an overcard to pair is very likely.

Haven't read replies.Five-way, against opponents who'll call with anything, I'm definitely NOT raising the flop with an overcard and two clubs.And then the worst possible card in the deck comes on the turn, and you're committed, and EVEN IF villain was a good player, he couldn't fold the turn after calling your flop raise.How dumb do you feel if you push the river and get called by J3, lol.Pushing preflop is bad, too, by the way. It's a huge overbet, and if you get called you're flipping a coin or you're destroyed. C'mon, baby, you're a MUCH better postflop player than them. Don't be stupid!While we're on the subject, your stack and the structure of the game is high ante. 100 big blinds would be $600, and you don't have 17% of that in front of you. That means pushing marginal situations hard is even worse than it normally is in no limit.I'm folding for the 10 on the flop. Patience...

Haven't read replies.Five-way, against opponents who'll call with anything, I'm definitely NOT raising the flop with an overcard and two clubs.And then the worst possible card in the deck comes on the turn, and you're committed, and EVEN IF villain was a good player, he couldn't fold the turn after calling your flop raise.How dumb do you feel if you push the river and get called by J3, lol.Pushing preflop is bad, too, by the way. It's a huge overbet, and if you get called you're flipping a coin or you're destroyed. C'mon, baby, you're a MUCH better postflop player than them. Don't be stupid!While we're on the subject, your stack and the structure of the game is high ante. 100 big blinds would be $600, and you don't have 17% of that in front of you. That means pushing marginal situations hard is even worse than it normally is in no limit.I'm folding for the 10 on the flop. Patience...
TJ thanks for the reply.This is much more clear, i guess all the hours logged online cloud my regualr fun home game play.anyways, you reallydont want to know what he had, it was a horrible hand that i can call myself a donkey for playing that way.but we all, except you, make mistakes :-)

Having read replies...For those that advocate pushing preflop, bad players call with A LOT of garbage broadways, like QJ0. Garbage broadways are also more likely than other pocket pairs or Ax, and they happen to be racing with us.It's a GOOD THING if you're short-stacked and your massive chip-leading opponents think limping is better than raising all the time.Play their game, limp JJ and AQo on down, and find a FLOP to move in on. We aren't deep enough to play post-flop with these jokers, so raising the flop if you can't DEFINITELY move in later is bad.

but we all, except you, make mistakes
My analysis wouldn't be this witty and brilliant if I hadn't made some FINE mistakes in the past... and continue to look for ALL the mistakes I make every hand I play. (:And there's a BIG difference between thinking about it now on the forum and thinking about it on the felt.
My analysis wouldn't be this witty and brilliant if I hadn't made some FINE mistakes in the past... and continue to look for ALL the mistakes I make every hand I play.
My, my, my. We're humble, aren't we?
but we all, except you, make mistakes
My analysis wouldn't be this witty and brilliant if I hadn't made some FINE mistakes in the past... and continue to look for ALL the mistakes I make every hand I play. (:And there's a BIG difference between thinking about it now on the forum and thinking about it on the felt.
Heh, Nothing better than getting all your chips in the middle and thinking, "God, that was a stupid fuccking play"I know, because I've done it quite a bit.
push preflop and fold the flop if you dont
by push do u mean all in or like 5 times the blind cause u're only getting called if you're at best a coinflip? i guess you're commiting to the pot with 5x the blind though