armed robberies of cardrooms in atlanta

Last night at 11 p.m., 4 men with ski masks and hand guns forced their way into a raked 2/3 NL cardroom. This game was in the Buckhead area of Atlanta, in an apartment complex on Cheshire Bridge Rd.If anyone out there plays cards in Atlanta, this is old news. I can personally confirm that at least 8 games have been robbed in the last 12 months, and have heard unconfirmed reports of even more.For those of you that know a little more about me, I used to be very involved in the poker scene in Atlanta, and I used to run a game. Poker is a pretty small community and word gets around pretty fast. My game, in the suburb of Woodstock, was the 3rd game to get robbed, which happened in December of last year. We ran two tables of 1/2 NL, and we had approximately $15,000 cash stolen from us, plus all our cell phones. This is especially messing with my head because I have friends that run another game in Athens, GA, and they asked me to recommend a game to them last night. I sent 3 friends of mine to this game, including a very good friend who runs the best cardroom in Athens. Another of the friends of mine plays pool and had $1,000 on him.I haven't played nearly as much live since I got robbed, but this was the one game I had been to in Atlanta since last year.So to everyone out there, be careful.

Glad nobody was hurt. I have a friend that ran a large 2/5 NL game that was robbed. The hijackers got $60,000. Someone once asked me how to get into that particular game, and I suggest a shotgun. Kinda scary when it actually happens.

it was probly arieh
I actually saw him at the pool hall about a year ago.Didn't have the stones to go up and say hi to him, but I got the table next to him so I could listen in (but not too enthusiastically). Him and his buddy were having a huckle-good time gambling.Seemed like a pretty cool dude.
Glad nobody was hurt. I have a friend that ran a large 2/5 NL game that was robbed. The hijackers got $60,000. Someone once asked me how to get into that particular game, and I suggest a shotgun. Kinda scary when it actually happens.
Yeah. I know where there's poker, there's degenerate gamble-holics, and where there's degenerate gamble-holics, there's inevitably crap like this.But like I said... I can name 8 different games in a year, robbed by 4 dudes with the same MO.You'd think I'd have learned after getting pistol-whipped in the face the first time. No game in Atlanta is safe until these guys go down.

how can you let these guys rob you? obviously there are more than you than them. You need to stand up to them. what were there 30 guys against 3-4 robbers? Kick their a$$es and take their money.Are you really scared of getting shot? they are not killers, they dont want to shoot anyone. They are petty theives and are probably more scared than you. The LAST thing they want to do is pull the trigger.

Lol.You know what's funny.THE VERY NIGHT my game got robbed a year ago, we were talking about the first robbery that had happened (which was incidentally at the biggest cardroom in Atlanta at the time).We said stuff like "we're safe because we're in a gated apartment community.""Hell, they aren't going to shoot us. All we have to do is just not give them the money."It's a little different when there's 4 HUGE black dudes with guns and ski masks in your face all of a sudden. Not little dudes. Huge dudes. Like, I'm 6'4, 210, and one of them was 6'6 275.Like, crazy, psycho, dumb, and pumped up enough to really kill someone if you don't do exactly what they say when they say it.And guns. And ski masks.All joking aside, I still jump a little more than I used to when doors slam behind me.

Damn man, that's really ruthless. I wish their was a way to control it.Is there insurance you can buy for something like that?I could see that insurance companies response now:Dear sir/madem, We are deeply sorry for you losses. Due to recent changes in our policy (section 1, c, -b, / c3-p.o.) You are only covered if: 5 or more "large" black males romp into your location with ski masks, rape you thoroughly, and only 3.5 guns are being held at one time, with 77 bullets or more, but those bullets have to be in their pockets, only 16 can be in each gun.If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call us toll free at 1-800-we-really-dont-give-a-fuck-about-you.Your's truly,Dick head.

Lost her ipod, recovered her cell phone a couple weeks later.She will happily confirm what you said about scary and intimidating. The annoying part is trying to figure out who their inside guy was. Regardless, these robberies are why the police are getting serious about enforcing gambling law here now. Last thing they need is to get a homicide on their hands over this.

If her name starts with an R, then tell her I still think she's one of the nicest people on this earth. Her husband is a really good guy too, and I remember one time at our game he flopped quads and lit up like a christmas tree.