nov 23: biggest bar night of the year

Thats what i thought at first, but I have read that indeed Nov 23 is the biggest. Now I have to find the articles.
A good buddy of mine owns a few bars. Area Tavern & Restaurant associations keep stats on this kind of thing and then they can be compiled for national averages. The three busiest nights of the year for bars in the U.S. are 1) Thanksgiving Eve 2) New Year's Eve 3) Christmas night.
Thats what i thought at first, but I have read that indeed Nov 23 is the biggest. Now I have to find the articles.
A good buddy of mine owns a few bars. Area Tavern & Restaurant associations keep stats on this kind of thing and then they can be compiled for national averages. The three busiest nights of the year for bars in the U.S. are 1) Thanksgiving Eve 2) New Year's Eve 3) Christmas night.
Hmph.Interesting.I suppose it makes sense.A lot of people hang out at house parties on New Year's.That'd make a lot of sense.My mistake! :oops:

I dunno about the rest of you but tonight is the biggest high school reunion night of the year where I'm from. I'm going to see literally hundreds of people I had hoped to never see again and 20 that I'm happy to see. Ah, Thanksgiving Eve...Leaf, where you been? Haven't seen ya on the forum in a while.

Leaf, where you been?  Haven't seen ya on the forum in a while.
Well ... I went and got myself hitched at the beginning of the month and then it was off on the honeymoon. Just getting back in the swing of things now ... just in time for another long weekend! At this rate I figure things aren't going to be "normal" until after New Year's! And you? How goes it?

congrats on the marriage.as for me, same old, same. i got out to vegas for the first time 2 weekends ago, that was a good time. took a big pot off doug lee in one of the prelim wsop events at bally's. that's my vegas story.

I dunno about the rest of you but tonight is the biggest high school reunion night of the year where I'm from.  I'm going to see literally hundreds of people I had hoped to never see again and 20 that I'm happy to see.  Ah, Thanksgiving Eve....
You couldn't pay me to drive to Jersey tonight, traffic is going to be murder.Tomorrow at the Home Coming football game against the town rivals is where the big reunions tend to happen for us. I wouldn't be surprised if groups of friends get together tonight though.

Tonight is amateur night, stay away from the bars. All the amateur drinkers go out and cops will pick you off left and right.Im getting drunk and playing in the Neg-O... right after I PM DNA4Ever and get the Password... Thats "DNA4Ever"...PM for password to Neg-0 tonight.

Just wanted to see what everyone's doing.  I'll be playing some poker home games and then heading off to the local watering hole.Discuss.
Drinking, fighting, cussing, falling down, waking up in the ditch and having everyone tell me i was all alone tonight.