opinions / criticism on this play

what no one seems to be discussing is the idea of staying sharp to the way that your oppenents play.this is the sort of situation where by hopefully three handed you have a good read on the way he plays. i couldnt believe when i re-read the thread that there were a few who agreed with me.
I dont think anyone disagrees with your basic premise. The original post shut this discussion down saying he couldnt get any reads on this particular hand.I will disagree with your statement that "odds and the like do very little in NL holdem". In fact I will take the exactly opposite position that odds have everthing to do with NL holdem (and every other form of poker for that matter). When you rely on a read to make a decision on a play you are simply narrowing the range of hands that you believe he has (either specifically or general as in "Bluff" or "not bluff") and deciding whether calling is profitable based on that range of hands and the pot odds. There may be players who do not think about odds at all and play intuitively, but if the basis of their intuition is not well founded in odds, they will not be winning players.
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think you hve to call in that situation. Don't think he would have a set or even two pair there. Some sort of draw seems most likely. I mean kk with that board at that stage in the tourney? Doesn't get much better than that. Good Luck

Think you hve to call in that situation. Don't think he would have a set or even two pair there. Some sort of draw seems most likely. I mean kk with that board at that stage in the tourney? Doesn't get much better than that. Good Luck