Say someone holds you up at gunpoint and forces you to limp UTG without looking at your cards in a LHE cash game. In a wild turn of events everybody limps in. You go to look at your cards pre flop and in another wild turn of events you get to choose 7 :club: 8 :D or A :D A :D . Which one do you choose and why?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Say someone holds you up at gunpoint and forces you to limp UTG without looking at your cards in a LHE cash game.  In a wild turn of events everybody limps in.  You go to look at your cards and in another wild turn of events you get to choose 7 :club: 8 :D  or A :D A :D .  Which one do you choose and why?
I'd choose to quit doing acid first of all. Then I'd take AA everytime.

I'd choose to quit doing acid first of all. Then I'd take AA everytimedo you really except a pair of aces to be the winning hand in after 5 cards with 9 people playing. that is extremely unlikely. what is more likely is your going to miss the flop and find 3,4,5 or more people sticking around with 2 pair draws and straight draws and flush draws. if you hit a set that is the only way you can win a big pot, but if you can hit a flop with 78 you can be drawing to win a really juicy pot, and if you miss, you can muck. with AA you wont be able to muck when you miss, and you will be extremely succeptable to a variety of hands. im not saying 78 is correct im just saying think about it first.

tell you what,if its a 1 time deal, and its live or die. I pick AA,BECAUSE AA IS THE BEST STARTING HAND YOU FOOLS.How can you live with your afterlife soul knowing that you took 7,8 suited hoping to hit a monster

I'd choose to quit doing acid first of all.  Then I'd take AA everytime.
Why would you take AA every time? I mean, really? Why take a 30% chance to win when you have the option to take a 10% chance to win? What's wrong with you??? (sw)

with AA you wont be able to muck when you missIs this a new poker rule that I haven't heard about yet?It sucks to have to do so, but I'm pretty sure it's legal to fold aces if you can tell you've been outflopped.

78 suited...easilly..AA dosent stand a chance in a 9 way pot...u might grt lucky with the 78
This is ludicrous, completely false, and preposterous statement. It shows a complete misunderstanding of the math that dictates EV in any form of poker.Please stop playing now and buy some colored pencils.Thanks,Guinevar

If you opt for 78 over the aces you are retarded. You simply dont hit your flop often enough to make that hand profitable as per the scenario you described. As well if you get lucky and flop a set you will win a huge pot. So stop huffing gas

78 suited...easilly..AA dosent stand a chance in a 9 way pot...u might grt lucky with the 78
This is ludicrous, completely false, and preposterous statement. It shows a complete misunderstanding of the math that dictates EV in any form of poker.Please stop playing now and buy some colored pencils.Thanks,Guinevar
how can it be false...its my opinion...im not saying its bbetter/dumber move....i was answering the question...i will take 78 suited every time in a 9 way pot...go get a life
how can it be false...its my opinion...im not saying its bbetter/dumber move....i was answering the question...i will take 78 suited every time in a 9 way pot...go get a life
Please stop playing now and buy some colored pencils. whaaa?? its bizarro world,  Guinevar Made a funny burn!!AWESOME!,   hahah i have to admitt, i like this one a lot, baaahah colored pencils.
i see ur easily amusedbahahabbabbahaa
I'd choose to quit doing acid first of all. Then I'd take AA everytime but if you can hit a flop with 78 you can be drawing to win a really juicy pot' date=' and if you miss, you can muck. with AA you wont be able to muck when you miss, quote']If you cant muck AA in a ninehanded game after missing a flop and being faced with a couple of bets behind you, Then perhaps you should consider learning more about the game or pick a new one like Candyland or something.
Please stop playing now and buy some colored pencils. whaaa?? its bizarro world,  Guinevar Made a funny burn!!AWESOME!,   hahah i have to admitt, i like this one a lot, baaahah colored pencils.
i see ur easily amusedbahahabbabbahaa
hey everybody, Vatch just pooped on his weiner, he's got a poop weiner.

Here is the point that you guys don't seem to get about AA..In a multiway pot, while AA may no longer be the favorite, in the sense that it's no longer going to win 50 % of the time.. it's going to win a higher percentage of the time THAN ANY OTHER HAND AT THE TABLE.in a 10 way pot, if you have AA, and it only wins 20 % of the time ( it will win more than this, but for agurements sake, say 20) It is a huge, huge edge over the rest of the field. Your pot equity is more than double any other hand.

The Bible is non-fiction
This is ludicrous, completely false, and preposterous statement. It shows a complete misunderstanding of the bible and any form of religion.Please stop praying now and buy some colored pencils.Thanks,Guinevar
FYPj/k guinny
The reason it is false is because you are choosing the wrong answer. Make this choice 1,000,000 times and you lose lots of value. That's why. Your opinion can be tested empirically and found false. At this point it stops being your opinion and just becomes a mistake.Guinevar