aa first hand of a tourney!

Depends on the level of the buy-in. At $50+ buyins getting a call to the all-in is highly unlikely unless you get lucky and theres a KK or QQ out there.The best play from EP here is a limp/re-raise imo. The stakes are low enough that if dont get a raise and your As get cracked it isnt going to kill you, but the rewards can be big if someone catches TPTK. Just watch out for coordinated boards and dont get married to the As.Premium hands go uncalled late in tourneys too.

Copernicus I could not disagree with you more. I have played many many MTT's and in my experience you always raise atleast 3x bb early in the tournaments and once the blinds and antes get raised people are much more likely to raise or go all in pre-flop. I limp raise many times with AA but never with blinds less than 150-300.

Copernicus I could not disagree with you more. I have played many many MTT's and in my experience you always raise atleast 3x bb early in the tournaments and once the blinds and antes get raised people are much more likely to raise or go all in pre-flop. I limp raise many times with AA but never with blinds less than 150-300.
Multiple ways to play a hand are what makes poker poker. I generally hate slow playing AA, but if there is a time to do it, its early in the tourney when collecting the blinds has almost no value and mucking them to a coordinated board isnt painful.