did i play this the way i should have?

I was playing in a NL HE tourney on pokerstars.I had 14K,with the blinds at 200/400,I was bb with J7o the player to the left of me had 62k called, everyone else folded. I checked. Flop came: J J A. I checked, He bet 400, I raised all in. He called. He showed the only the thing that could beat me. Pocket aces! So no Jack came and I was out before the payouts. Did I play this right?

I would say no, with a set you need to lead into the guy, bet about the pot size and if you get raised, you know you are in trouble by either someone else made their trips, of they hit the jacks and with you carrying a 7 probably with a better kicker like a King. Lead into him and if you get raised, then you probably got to lay it down, which takes great courage obviously, but if you think he might have you beat you should probably lay it down.

I was playing in a NL HE tourney on pokerstars.I had 14K,with the blinds at 200/400,I was bb with J7o the player to the left of me had 62k called, everyone else folded. I checked. Flop came: J J A. I checked, He bet 400, I raised all in. He called. He showed the only the thing that could beat me. Pocket aces! So no Jack came and I was out before the payouts. Did I play this right?
I think going all-in was not the right play at that time. Its a monster overbet to the pot (which has 1200 in it by my calculations). I would raise his 400 bet to say 2k and see how he responds.Its still going to be very very hard to get away from your hand, especially since he only called pre-flop so it would be tough to put him on aces; I think I would end up with all my money in the middle as well, but just not so quickly.
There would be 3 bets in the pot pre-flop and then 4 bets after his bet. I would have raised him the pot (another 4 bets) after which he would probably have come over the top on you or just called so as to get more bets in after the turn and river.At this point, you could then try to evaluate his hand. He checked pre-flop so Aces would very hard to put him on. AJ, KJ, or QJ would be possible and they would all be better than your J7.I think that the all-in bet was too aggressive since you had a large stack at the time in comparison to the pot. Assuming that you had no read or info on the guy at all, I think that you have to consider the AJ, KJ, or QJ has you beat.I've just finished Harrington's book and he really emphasizes that the all-in bet is used much too often by most players.
Guest XXEddie

no....but the way I think you shoulda played it....woulda been hard to not lose this. I woulda only called the bet cause he could be slowplaying or he could have a higher kicker...but still hard to get away