i want to start playing omaha high low

ive been playing poker long enough to find the need to diversify my games.Omaha H/L seems to interest me the most and im looking for some basic starting advice, like what i am looking for preflop in a hand, what is the difference between PL and limit betting wise, and whether or not I should be playing in cash games or tournies.I would also like to get ahold of some decent reading material.Any help would be appreciated, by the way, I will be playing mostley smaller limits, mostley because this is just for a change of scenery to get my mind of hold emRay

o8poker is a good site for someone just getting into the game, his advice for starting hands is solid. Also, JackKing recently posted a list of Omaha 8 articles on here, and most of them have solid advice, so read them all if you have a chance. And read Akishore's beginner's guide to Omaha 8, he wrote it in two parts, I think it's in the regular Omaha forum, as it was written before we had a High/Low forum. Omaha 8 is a great game to learn because, IMO, I think it's the easiest game to become good at quickly. I don't play much limit, so I can't give you any advice on the differences between PL and limit. I'm not a big fan of PLO8 tournaments, I think you're forced to play sub standard hands and praying for a good flop. At the low limit cash games, people are literally giving their money away, so I think ring games are the way to go.

For small limit Omaha Split, play the nuts and play them aggressively. Put lots of raises in pre-flop with any A2 or other big hands. An ace is the key card in this game, don't leave home without it.Generally, don't be afraid of being quartered, too many people never raise with low afraid of getting quartered.There's some good books out there - Super System II has a good section on it. Online, check out dkbluesky.com. Decimare has some awesome statistics and insights.Overall, I think experience is key in this game and any poker game, really. If you play some pot size, I recommend buying in for the minimum and putting it in with the best hand. Don't be paying too much to draw especially if low is already there. A good strategy for pot size is waiting for AA and going all-in preflop.

Generally, don't be afraid of being quartered, too many people never raise with low afraid of getting quartered.  
This is good advice with 3+ players in the pot. However, betting the nut low heads-up with no high is generally bad advice.