what is the concensus on phil gordon?

I spend a few minutes each day before work watching the Celebrity Poker thingy on Bravo - sadly, it reminds me of my home game - not that there are celebrities there, but that the play is so wide ranging and frequently the better players get knocked out. But I digress.What is the general concensus in THIS forum abour Phil Gordon? I rarely see him on the more televised tournaments. I have read his Little Green Book and while I feel it is really just a primer - it DOES have something one can take away with them. I also find my cash play surprisingly along the same lines that he lays out in his book.I regularly don my asbestos underwear so flaming is not really anything that will upset me (unless you use the words "donk," "Douchemonkey," "newbie," or "hellmuth" (sw) ) but I AM interested in how good ol' uncle Phil is perceived on this forum.Cheers!!
we like you phil, sheesh. just cuz you lost that popularity contest to hellmuth, don't get all insecure on us. we love you man! just win a bracelet already. =)

He seems like somebody that would offer you a place to stay for the night and in the middle of the night he would come and cut your head off and bury your body in the backyard. Then he would hope that nobody found out about it. Also, never ever ever watch that Celebrity Poker again. It's horrible.

seems like a great guy and is 6'9" tall and is rich, and is a top notch player. WPT and WSOP final tables and wins.
Plus he was on blind date....and if I remember correctly she was some playboy bunny slut trying to get him in the hottub and he said...nah...So the guy does have class, his book was a very good read and I personally think thee best for people just starting out.Tiltboys has been around for a long time and is just hilarious.He's a VERY knowledgable player and I actually learn stuff from him from time to time on his Celeb commentary....however I don't think he's gonna be a world class player until he quits spazzing out at the table, I've only seen him play on TV a couple of times but I see what matusow is talking about when he says gordon has a huge obvious tell. I just don't understand how he can be so nervous, not like he needs the money....it'd be like us playing freerolls or $5 multi's.

Met him at a Charity poker event in Denver. Yes, he's THAT tall. Cool guy, kind of a wise@ss. Man, can he put 'em away. He was absolutley pickled, by the time he left the bar with the hottest chick in the room. Gaydar, naw, just a successful poker player with truckloads of cash, a sense of humor, and an affinity for some great rocky mountain tail.