variance was on my side today

Right, but there's no money in the pot on the flop, so why not see a turn card and make a big move when no scare cards hit? In limit, it's clearly a bet-raise situation on the flop. But in a NL game, there are many other factors to consider.

Right, but there's no money in the pot on the flop, so why not see a turn card and make a big move when no scare cards hit? In limit, it's clearly a bet-raise situation on the flop. But in a NL game, there are many other factors to consider.
Meh. I like looking for a safe turn as well.I don't know if that was what he was doing though, and if so he should have bet out on the turn, not look for a checkraise, it is far too likely the guy raised on the flop in position to get a free turn and river for his flush.In actuality it worked out for him and he won more than I would have, but on the turn if he leads out with about 40, the dude in the middle might call the 40 then 2 pair will come over the top, and you go all in. It's a safer play and prices out the *possible* flush draw.

i knew the set of dueces was going to be a problem hand for some posters. anyways, here is my thinking while the hand was happening.when this happened happen, i was playing with the same people for like 1hr already, so i knew something about their style of play. I decided to check since the the two limpers on my right were more on the aggressive side, so i knew one of them was going to bet this pot. What came to a suprise was the BB betting out a pot bet. I knew he was trying to protect his hand since he never made a pot size bet with a draw. i put him on AJ because he plays really passive PF out of position, ,maybe even two pair.now one of the limpers folded and the other guy raised it up to 20. He is aggressive when he has top pair but hardly ever with a flush draw. I wanted to play it safe so i decided to wait until the turn to see what came out then make it move. a blank hit, I decided to check since a blank came off and the BB would probably once again bet if he had a hand i put him on. The other guy reraised, I went all in. the rest if historyany questions?teneight

i knew the set of dueces was going to be a problem hand for some posters. anyways, here is my thinking while the hand was happening.when this happened happen, i was playing with the same people for like 1hr already, so i knew something about their style of play. I decided to check since the the two limpers on my right were more on the aggressive side, so i knew one of them was going to bet this pot. What came to a suprise was the BB betting out a pot bet. I knew he was trying to protect his hand since he never made a pot size bet with a draw. i put him on AJ because he plays really passive PF out of position, ,maybe even two pair.now one of the limpers folded and the other guy raised it up to 20. He is aggressive when he has top pair but hardly ever with a flush draw. I wanted to play it safe so i decided to wait until the turn to see what came out then make it move. a blank hit, I decided to check since a blank came off and the BB would probably once again bet if he had a hand i put him on. The other guy reraised, I went all in. the rest if historyany questions?teneight
You would lose a ton of value/action if a scare card hit. I would say that it's best to pop the pot right now, as in on the flop, when everyone is showing interest in it. If a club comes off on the turn, you give up a lot in value from a TPTK hand, even if the guy's an aggro.
thats all nice but you lose much more than you gain waiting for the turn to pop it up. As for the idiot who says there is no money in the pot on the flop and NL is different, well, i dont know where to start but the biggest difference in NL is the ability to outprice most draws. Definetly shoudlve check raised the flop instead of waiting the turn.Once again it worked out fine here but we are working with a sample size of one which gives shit all feedback about the merit of his play.