was this a good no limit play?

I was dealt A :D K :D in late position. I was one seat to the right of the button at a full table.Two people folded, and everybody else limped in until it came to me. I raised 10 chips (it was a tournament, and we all had 50 chips or so.) to make the bet 12 chips. Everybody folded except the small blind who called. The flop comes out 7 :) 10 :D K :) .He bets 2 chips. I came over the top and went all in. He called and we turned our cards over.His hand was 9 :) 6 :) giving him a gut shot straight draw. I of course had A :) K :club: giving me TPTK.Yep you guessed it, on the turn came the 8, and he won right there (for those that care, the river was an A :D giving me two pair, but drawing dead.)What I want to know is, was this the right move to make on my part. I new that the guy was a weak player, and this was fairly early in the tournament, and I new that if I won this hand, I would be in a very powerful position at my table. What do you guys think? Any feedback would be appreciated.

I was dealt A :D  K :D  in late position. I was one seat to the right of the button at a full table.Two people folded, and everybody else limped in until it came to me.  I raised 10 chips (it was a tournament, and we all had 50 chips or so.) to make the bet 12 chips.  Everybody folded except the small blind who called.  The flop comes out  7 :)   10 :D   K :)  .He bets 2 chips.  I came over the top and went all in.  He called and we turned our cards over.His hand was 9 :)   6 :)  giving him a gut shot straight draw.  I of course had A :)  K :club:   giving me TPTK.Yep you guessed it, on the turn came the 8, and he won right there (for those that care, the river was an A  :D   giving me two pair, but drawing dead.)What I want to know is, was this the right move to make on my part.   I new that the guy was a weak player, and this was fairly early in the tournament, and I new that if I won this hand,  I would be in a very powerful position at my table.  What do you guys think? Any feedback would be appreciated.
You just got unlucky as he had no business being in the hand at all.After the flop, even if he thought that you were bluffing when you re-raised all-in, he didn't even have a hand that could beat a bluff. He hit one of his 4 outs. Just back luck.
I was dealt A :D  K :D  in late position. I was one seat to the right of the button at a full table.Two people folded, and everybody else limped in until it came to me.  I raised 10 chips (it was a tournament, and we all had 50 chips or so.) to make the bet 12 chips.  Everybody folded except the small blind who called.  The flop comes out  7 :)   10 :D   K :)  .He bets 2 chips.  I came over the top and went all in.  He called and we turned our cards over.His hand was 9 :)   6 :)  giving him a gut shot straight draw.  I of course had A :)  K :club:   giving me TPTK.Yep you guessed it, on the turn came the 8, and he won right there (for those that care, the river was an A  :D   giving me two pair, but drawing dead.)What I want to know is, was this the right move to make on my part.   I new that the guy was a weak player, and this was fairly early in the tournament, and I new that if I won this hand,  I would be in a very powerful position at my table.  What do you guys think? Any feedback would be appreciated.
First, don't be results-oriented. Secondly, it helps to review why you went all-in in the first place (which, btw, is the right move, imo). This is why hand analysis is so important to becoming a better player. Print out the hand history and walk through the hand while going over your thinking. The results don't make a decision right or wrong. Bad results just tend to make us think we did something wrong.And, posting hands here is also a great way to get feedback. But it would be helpful if you detailed your thought process a little bit, and didn't initially post the results--oftentimes, the feedback you get can be results-oriented as well. Btw...the other guy played this hand horribly and you played it very well. Tough break, though...it happens.

first of all he should have never called with 6 9 suited with like 4 people behind him to act yet. Even if nobody was behind him, he shouldn't have called a 5-fold raise. Your raise on the flop is not good at all. Frankly, I'd have just smooth-called him, and see what he does on the turn. Pushing all in right here is not the best thing to do. You could have also raised his flop bet, but he may have folded a fairly mediocre pot to you.