i dont know why i get so heated at this

From the Cardplayer.com updates of the Borgata Open:Carlos Mortensen has already built up a substantial chip stack of about $95,000 for the chip lead. He's sitting at the same table as Mike Matusow and Jennifer Tilly, and Matusow said that other players were just donating chips to Mortensen. When asking out loud who played the worst against Mortensen, everyone at the table agreed that it was the guy who limped with pocket aces -- AFTER four other players limped in front of him. The player effectively busted himself when he couldn't get away from his limped aces, even though, according to Matusow, "Even a blind man could see that Carlos flopped a flush."I swear I want to punch everyone in the face who limps in with aces in a multiway pot then complains about taking a "bad beat." You know he's off somewhere telling his boys about "that fish Carlos Mortensen."

I swear I want to punch everyone in the face who limps in with aces in a multiway pot then complains about taking a "bad beat."  You know he's off somewhere telling his boys about "that fish Carlos Mortensen."
Limping w/ aces is probably not a bad move against a man who probably raises 9 out of 10 pots. The only problem is if there is no raise then ur probably chucking them post flop.
I swear I want to punch everyone in the face who limps in with aces in a multiway pot then complains about taking a "bad beat."  You know he's off somewhere telling his boys about "that fish Carlos Mortensen."
Limping w/ aces is probably not a bad move against a man who probably raises 9 out of 10 pots. The only problem is if there is no raise then ur probably chucking them post flop.
Nah it's a horrible move with 4 limpers.
Nah it's a horrible move with 4 limpers.
Honestly I didn't know there were 4 limpers (too earlyin AM)Not raising here is plain retarded
Who can afford the buy-in to a tournament like that and then just be the worst player in the tournament? He'd have better luck walking down the street dropping 20's hoping that the guy in front of him was dropping 100's.
I, for one, love this play. I never raise with aces preflop. Poker is like 90% luck anyway. If i don't hit my set, i just check and call.
Pocket aces are a drawing hand aren't they?
Yup, they're doublesuited

ok, so same situation, except now the donk is a decent player.he wants to make a standard pre-flop raise with aces - assuming chip stacks are not significantly low relative to blinds.normally this would be quadrupling the big blind (?) say, 800 total if the big blind is 200so with 4 limpers, does he add one bet for each limper, making it 1600 total? just looking for a basic NL explanation here, since i don't play it.daniel

ok, so same situation, except now the donk is a decent player.he wants to make a standard pre-flop raise with aces - assuming chip stacks are not significantly low relative to blinds.normally this would be quadrupling the big blind (?) say, 800 total if the big blind is 200so with 4 limpers, does he add one bet for each limper, making it 1600 total?  just looking for a basic NL explanation here, since i don't play it.daniel
A fairly easy rule to go by is betting somewhere around the size of the pot.