2/4 bodog 10maxin ep3: 9 :D 9 :club: folded to me i raise, co calls, button calls, bb callsflop: k :D 5 :) 2 :) i bet, co calls, button callsturn: 7 :D i check, co bets, i callriver: k :) i check co checksmy initial read on button was either a weak king or a flush draw. the river completed a flush but it in my mind told me that he didnt have the king...I will check/call any bet he makes though

ok heres the step by step for the hand and yeah i corrected the river decision u knew it was wrong thoughon the flop..it was my thought that he has a weak king or a flushon the turn: not as likely for a flush since he continued betting..(he was a decnet player..not great but not awful). Im leaning now towards a weak king river: well this card is interesting...it actually made my decision to check/call easier heres why. 1. it becomes less likely that he has a king since the board paired but2. if he did have a flush he just completed it but while i think it is a possibility..it isnt a huge possibilityso i felt maybe he had a mid pocket pair

Laydownking i'm going to have to disagree with your bet/fold river...Why not just check/call?   You're essentially using the same 1 BB except this time you can actually win the pot.
It depends how aggressive your opponent is. Bet/fold if he's passive. You make more money because he's not going to bet hands that you beat. You can also safely fold against a raise.Check/call if he's aggressive. You don't want to be pushed off the hand by a river bluff raise. Also, checking may induce him to bet with weak hands that he may not have called with.