great blog entry by josh arieh

I was looking forward to seeing some of the big bluffs Josh pulled on Jesus to get back the chip lead as he described in his blog just after the PLO event concluded - but I guess the story behind Pescatori's bandana could not be cut from the broadcast....

I was looking forward to seeing some of the big bluffs Josh pulled on Jesus to get back the chip lead as he described in his blog just after the PLO event concluded - but I guess  the story behind Pescatori's bandana could not be cut from the broadcast....
:club: LMAO.....I agree wholeheartedly....why does ESPN insist on showing such BS that no one--real poker players, anyway--gives a damn about?? I wanna see some....oh, I dont know.....POKER!!!! :x
I was looking forward to seeing some of the big bluffs Josh pulled on Jesus to get back the chip lead as he described in his blog just after the PLO event concluded - but I guess  the story behind Pescatori's bandana could not be cut from the broadcast....
:club: LMAO.....I agree wholeheartedly....why does ESPN insist on showing such BS that no one--real poker players, anyway--gives a damn about?? I wanna see some....oh, I dont know.....POKER!!!! :x
because sadly, most of espn's audience for this is not "real' poker players...i mean not the ones that are sick like us that check tourney results online, read blogs and typically "play " poker...they get the " i play in my office home game" or the high school kid that thinks he's the next josh arieh because he beats his friends " 65% of the time everytime"...they cater to their target audience and unfortunately that means they would rather focus on a bandana than show a really good bluff...or a guy waving the back of a chair in a spastic fit .... :D

My thoughts exactly. When I read the cardplayer updates when this match was going on I couldn't wait to see it on TV. Then when I read Josh's blog about it (the day after the event) and heard about all the big swings and big bluffs I really coulnd't wait. But the end result was kinda shitty. I would think this is the kinda stuff ESPN would kill for - the bad guy has huge chip lead and bullies the table. The good guy hangs back all day and gets head-up w/ the bad guy. Bad guy blows 2-1 chip lead, then pulls back w/ some ballsy play and wins. Instead they just showed one guy win from start to finish - which wasn't at all how it happened.

Haven't I heard that the WSOP TV contract is up soon, and that NBC may be looking to take it on? I guess we can hope that they do a great job with it, much like the heads up championship. side note -- I like Arieh's blog. Not as much as DN's, but I think it's great that these two players share insight into their lives & thoughts.

I was so disappointed that we didn't get to see more of the hu play. I remember sweating it on cardplayer and I couldn't wait to see it. The biggest problem with their coverage is that 1 hour just isn't long enough to show a final table of that size. I was disappointed with the coverage, but it was still great being able to watch him win.

I myself got confused byt he coverage. The hand before the very last set of commercials, didn't it show Jesus double up to make it near even? Then when it comes back, Arieh suddently has a 2-1 chip lead(I think). I know they cut a lot out, but they usually don't make it that drastic(if indeed what I said happened, did happen)

DON'T DO IT JOSH!!!!!!!NO CIRCUS ACTS!!!!!!!We all saw how it turned out for Druff......I do like it when you insinuate that someone is an idiot....I kinda enjoy that though.....I also read the transcripts and ESPN butchered this tourney also....just like they butchered Seidel's performance.Well...what can you do?

because sadly, most of espn's audience for this is not "real' poker players...i mean not the ones that are sick like us that check tourney results online, read blogs and typically "play " poker...they get the " i play in my office home game" or the high school kid that thinks he's the next josh arieh because he beats his friends " 65% of the time everytime"...they cater to their target audience and unfortunately that means they would rather focus on a bandana than show a really good bluff...or a guy waving the back of a chair in a spastic fit .... :club:
:D Oh, man....its a sad world we live in, isnt it??

I think TV poker needs to be changed so they keep getting a big audience. If they don't, the games will dry up faster than the condom in Billy Graham's pocket.Wait, isn't he dead? That's just mean.

I think TV poker needs to be changed so they keep getting a big audience. If they don't, the games will dry up faster than the condom in Billy Graham's pocket.Wait, isn't he dead? That's just mean.
are u serious? did i miss the sw here?? poker on t.v is huge...thats why espn doesnt have to focus on the poker so much because the ratings are so huge...do you think they care what a few "serious" poker players think about the coverage they show or are they more concerned with millions of other viewers that dont know any better and watch it thinking this is the real deal...they focus on drama rather than the poker, ratings are through the roof ..is it changing anytime soon? what do you think?