poker changes ur out look on money?

Ok so about 6 months ago i built a br up to about 300 and i was pumped..it was the most money that id ever won and i was so proud of it...well today i just broke 1800 with a new br i started 2 months ago and now all i can think about is maybe makin a go at 5k...A lot of it has to do with the fact that im finally understanding limit and its payin off but man..i see 1800 as just about 2/5s of 5k...maybe all this winning has made me to ambitious in my goals..but im just not excited about breakin that as i was when i broke 300

well lets see i just hit 1800 today so what limit would i have been playing? win rate at 1/2 was 1.5/100....2/4 is probably higher but bodiggity doesnt have pt for it..but ive made close to 300 in 3 days of play...i think its more im burnt out for now..im takin a few months break after i finish this boring bodog bonus...755 freakin points needed to clear 200 something dollars of points...not to bad i guess but like i said im just bored with poker

I know exactly how you feel. I was starting to feel a little burnt out and less ambitious after playing this whole summer. To get over this I cashed out a portion of my bankroll because I was well overbankrolled for the stakes I played. I went to the bank to withdraw it and I finally felt a little satisfaction for all of my hard work. For months my money was just e-money. Actually holding the money in my hand was enough to realize that I was doing something right.Taking the money out also got my parents off of my back. For some reason they always criticized me when I said that I was making money online because they said it wasn't real money. I used that money to pay off the loan I took out for my car and gained some credibility from my parents.

why are you shooting at numbers, are you plannin' on dying? Just keep playin and keep winning, keep enough aside to play at your limit comfortably. Use the rest to invest, spend, do whatever you want with it. I just changed my life with poker winnings, for the better. I wouldn't trade my current lifestyle for anyone elses I know. I'm still single though. Don't play with money you can't lose and be smart and you won't have to learn the hard way, which is the way almost all card players do.Gl and enjoy the money.CrazyHorse76

i have to agree with troyomac. many people lose all their BR by moving up to fast. if you are willing to grind it out, you will def. have a better chance of getting to that 5k.anyways, back to the topic. i know what you are talking about. everytime i go eat at a resturant with a few friends and I end up paying, I usually think that 35 dollars is a lot for 3 people. but yet, i'm willing to lose 100+ in one hand of poker.brings me back memories when i started playing 5-10nl on UB for a few days and actually got lucky and killed the game for a couple of days. I could win the blinds ::15 dollars:: and it wouldn't seem like much, but 15 dollars is enough to fill up 1/2 my tank of gas.

i have to agree with troyomac. many people lose all their BR by moving up to fast. if you are willing to grind it out, you will def. have a better chance of getting to that 5k.anyways, back to the topic. i know what you are talking about. everytime i go eat at a resturant with a few friends and I end up paying, I usually think that 35 dollars is a lot for 3 people. but yet, i'm willing to lose 100+ in one hand of poker.brings me back memories when i started playing 5-10nl on UB for a few days and actually got lucky and killed the game for a couple of days. I could win the blinds ::15 dollars:: and it wouldn't seem like much, but 15 dollars is enough to fill up 1/2 my tank of gas.
finally after all these posts someone agrees with me! now if i could just get smash to agree with me on something, i'd be set for life! :club:

Actually poker as made me a cheap bastard. Nowadays I think of everything in terms of BB and instead of thinking $30 is an okay price for a pair of jeans, I think "wtf at my winrate I have to play like 1200 hands to earn that much" and always end up never buying anything.

Actually poker as made me a cheap censored. Nowadays I think of everything in terms of BB and instead of thinking $30 is an okay price for a pair of jeans, I think "wtf at my winrate I have to play like 1200 hands to earn that much" and always end up never buying anything.
Same as that... CD? A raise from the button. Night out. A good hour at a 2-4 NL table. New shirt? a $100 heads up game. My trip to vegas next month. A months worth of winnings. Still... At least you kinda realise money isnt as important as everyone thinks.
o i agree too..as soon as im done clearin the bodog bonus im takin a couple months off to concentrate on school...and I havent moved up to fast...i waited till 1500 to move to 2/4...id probably wait till 2k to try 3/6 if i was stayin in...ive had a short stay at 3/6 before and had a couple small wins..but i didnt play enough to know if i could hang the whole time...right now im content with destroyin bodogs 2/4 and since the main reason im playin is to clera a bonus...i get a very similar clearance rate with less at risk

Tis true, can't tell you how many times i've gone to the store and been like, screw that, I'm not paying $10 for such and such. But then I'll lose $400 and not think twice. But now what I do is every time i have a 1000+ loss, i go out and buy myself something nice, reminds me that money can actaully buy you things and isnt just an tool for gambling.

I know exactly how you guys feel. In the last two weeks Ive made 1300. In the last three days Ive lost 800. But since I lost almost all of that on bad beats I don't really care. But heres the thing- when I play with my buddies 6 or 7 of us buy in for 20 bucks (winner take all) when I win one of those things i feel better than when I win a $100 sit and go.

Actually poker as made me a cheap censored. Nowadays I think of everything in terms of BB and instead of thinking $30 is an okay price for a pair of jeans, I think "wtf at my winrate I have to play like 1200 hands to earn that much" and always end up never buying anything.
Lol, I am the exact same way. I don't buy much anymore.
but 15 dollars is enough to fill up 1/2 my tank of gas.you have a very small gas tank at these prices...
Seriously, filled up my Expedition (I know it's my own fault, but I didn't have a choice) and it cost $84. I was so pissed, then I won like $200 in a pot and felt somewhat better.

If you are burnt out, then by all means, stop playing. You don't want to start losing because you are getting bored.It may not take a 2 month break to get you interested again. I have claimed to take a month off and find myself playing in 3 days and loving it.When you do get the urge to play again, I definetly think you should be playing 3/6. You have 300 BB for that level.

If you are burnt out, then by all means, stop playing. You don't want to start losing because you are getting bored.It may not take a 2 month break to get you interested again. I have claimed to take a month off and find myself playing in 3 days and loving it.When you do get the urge to play again, I definetly think you should be playing 3/6. You have 300 BB for that level.
whenever i come back ill probably at least start in 1/2 or 2/4...due to bonuses and what not I moved up from 2/4 br to 3/6 br in only a thousand or so hands played...by no means enough i think to get a good foundation at that level...And granted i will more than likely have the urge to want to come back sooner than in a couple months..but i have some other things more important to me like school and helping lead a Bible study and those are way more important than poker. But yeah i will be back eventually...