uh..1/2Pot awefully bigParty Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: Actuary is UTG+1 with Ad, Ah. UTG calls, Actuary raises, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.Flop: (10 SB) 9h, Kc, 9c (5 players)SB bets, UTG calls, Actuary calls, CO calls, SB calls.Turn: (15 BB) 4d (5 players)SB checks, BB bets, UTG folds, Actuary calls, CO calls, SB calls.River: (19 BB) 7s (4 players)SB checks, BB bets, Actuary calls, CO folds, SB calls.Final Pot: 22 BB

Yeah, it sucks. I don't see a better way to play it unfortunately. Preflop - fold. If there's action on the flop, you're probably going to cost yourself some money by calling down. Tough decisions = -EV.Flop - bet and a raise :shock: , you have to be beat here. Save your money and fold. But since you continued with the hand, raising now is much better than raising the turn. You're really concerned about gutshots (JT, QJ, QT) and raising now cuts down on CO's drawing odds enough to make him fold/call with these hands incorrectly. Also, you get to see how your opponents respond to your 3-bet, which will help you make decisions down the road.Turn - after BB capped, you are probably behind. I don't see any reason to raise here. The flush draws aren't going anywhere anyway. Still, you should not fold. Pot is way too big and no one has shown any strength but the BB. River - call and hope BB is an over-aggressive donkey. The flush draw never came in, so you don't have to worry about that. Same goes for the SB, he likely has a king so you don't have to worry about him.Good luck at 1/2.

Preflop - fold.  If there's action on the flop, you're probably going to cost yourself some money by calling down.  Tough decisions = -EV.
???????????

I think you want your aces to win a little to badly, you should have know you were beat after BB caps it. Just because you go in with the best hand dost mean you DESERVE to win. Bad beats happen, and being able to see one and get away the the mark of a professinal. On anther note, at least you didnt reraise the turn/river to, so calling down wasnt a HORRIBLE play. But you could have saved your self some money.

I've seen a lot of people capping with the top pair on a flop like that, so I don't have a problem with calling it down. After he caps the flop and bets the turn, if you have a read on him and he's played pretty solid, I can understand folding after the turn bet.To the guy who wants to fold preflop...I really hope I missed an (sw) somewhere.

Preflop - fold.  If there's action on the flop, you're probably going to cost yourself some money by calling down.  Tough decisions = -EV.
???????????
I agree. You should fold AA preflop quite a lot, but it's extremely advanced and should only be used by people who know God well enough for him to tell them that they will be outflopped.
I think you want your aces  to win a little to badly, you should have know you were beat after BB caps it. Just because you go in with the best hand dost mean you DESERVE to win. Bad beats happen, and being able to see one and get away the the mark of a professinal. On anther note, at least you didnt reraise the turn/river to, so calling down wasnt a HORRIBLE play. But you could have saved your self some money.
that is a rookies assessment.No accounting for pot size.Do you always fold just cause you are behind?you do know I do/almost have (implied) odds to draw to two outs to see the river?And that's not even discounting for an aggressive BB betting top pair.now some may be able to fold the 11:1 river, not closing action...I could see doing that.Screech may be on to something, preflop :club:
To the guy who wants to fold preflop...I really hope I missed an (sw) somewhere.
Nope. I thought (sw) was only supposed to used when there's a possibility the poster could be serious.Actuary played the hand fine. Anyone who wants to fold anywhere is nuts.
Depends on the texture of the game. I would have tempted to just call the flop raise. Looks like your Aces are toast already. Call it down.Best....
I think if I just call ,then I'd fold the turn UI...likely because the pot would be too small. Raising and getting capped made the pot right to call down (although..I see a possible River fold...but not my style w/o a better read)EDIT: HOLY CRAP..I misread the pot and assumed I was calling $2 into a ~$18 pot...but it was ~ 18BB (that's confusion from playing .5/1)..NO WAY DO I FOLD THE RIVER.I want to get as much $$$ in while they are drawing to worse outs than me.Yes, my Aces look to be toast...what's the point?Only the River call was made without pure odds (implied or otherwise very close).Edit: Also, by helping to cap the flop, perhaps SB slowed down and I got to see the rest of the hand and showdown for 2 BB's...that's huge. Although not like I planned it, but it sure beats the SB leading out again on the turn.