how many hnds/hr 8 tbl 6-max? need help here.

The subject line explains it, I'll be starting my challenge up for real 2morow and I'm considering doing this at the 6-max level, does anyone know the avg hands you see per hour at a 6-max table? I've got a pretty good idea but I want to make sure.

I've found it really varies. Sometimes I find tables that are averaging 50, while other times I've seen them spike as high as 120. Most of the time it's 70-80, from my experience. Only very rarely do I see them far above that.

Anyone ever Tried 8 tabling 6-max?
I find myself unable to do more than four at shorthanded tables. The action comes around so much faster, and you're playing so many more hands, it gets too hectic for me. Though, it's possible I'm just slow. :club:
Anyone ever Tried 8 tabling 6-max?
I find myself unable to do more than four at shorthanded tables. The action comes around so much faster, and you're playing so many more hands, it gets too hectic for me. Though, it's possible I'm just slow. :club:
U have dual monitors?
U have dual monitors?
No, just the one. It's not a screen real estate issue, though. It's simply a matter of being able to pay enough attention to the various tables and being able to act within the allotted time. I've just found that with that many turns coming up so quickly, the times when I misclick goes up a great deal.

I also think it depends on where you play, as the speed of the software plays a huge role in hands/per hour. pokerstars : slowest sofware available IMO, hated itparty and empire should be finethe site I play at, Pokerroom.com, has very fast software (downloaded version) and avg more than 100/hands an hour on all the shorthanded tables. also note that these are all 5 handed instead of 6 handed.

Bodog only supports 3-tabling...but you can trick it into letting you play more (if you play tournaments).For the past month or two, I've had two monitors, and I've played as many as six full tables at once...two NLHE, one LHE or PLO/8, and three MTTs. Have to say...it's a little hectic. I've played 3 SHLHE tables at once...and maybe it's the software...but it goes quite fast. I think I could pull 4 or 5 with some practice, but I can't imagine going beyond that.