bad beat on my brother last night

just from reading the topic OP, i could tell you are def. a fish. come play at Ultimate bet money table, i will gladly play you heads up 100 SnG'steneight
Let me think again.....Oh yeah, i did win the hand. SO SUCK IT!
I agree with the OP. does it really matter if he made an iffy call? Does it matter if he 'made a read' and then 'changed that read mid hand' becasue his hand improved? No. Poker is a results oriented game. He won the hand, that's all that matters. So what if he made the same play 100 times in a row he'd lose 99 times. That's not what matters. Poker is all about being in the moment. And in THIS moment, the OP won. Way to go, OP!sw
How did you guys miss this comment? Did i miss something myself? Was this a sw remark?Poker isn't about the results at all. Its about good decisions. This is the fishiest thing said in the thread
you're kidding, right?
yeah i was joking??? just like your post had sw on it too when i read it? How am i supposed to know if its sw if you don't ****ing put sw on it? don't blame me for not knowing you
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A- any player that changes their read for the sole purpose of trying to justify to themselves chasing all the way to the river with a obviously dominated hand is a fish, which is exactly what you didB-while i am not a pro, i do make enough to pay my rent money and all the bills, food, and books ( I am a college student), so I obviously do not suck at pokerC-pretty much everyone else on this thread agrees that you are played this hand incredibly badly and that you are indeed a giant fish D-yes, I have put my share of bad beats on someone, but they have all come in instances where i have MISREAD MY OPPONENTS HAND BASED ON THEIR BETTING PATTERNS OR STYLE OF PLAY. This is simply part of the game and it happens to everyone. You, on the other hand, CHANGED YOUR READ ON YOUR OPPONENT SOLELY BECAUSE YOU CAUGHT A JACK AND NOW WANTED TO TRY AND CHASE TO THE RIVER DESPITE THE FACT THAT YOU KNEW YOU WERE ACTUALLY BEAT. The only type of player who would do this is a fish. Therefore, the consensus on this forum, is that you are indeed a fish
Congrats again, you know your abc's. just to add, its not like we were playing for hundreds of dollars. it was a 10 dollar buy in tournament. also, i did not know for a fact that i was actually beat as you stated. If in fact i knew i was beat after the turn i would have folded dumbass. he would have had to shown me his cards in the middle of the hand to prove that i was beat. is there any other way? thought so. go ahead, call me a fish again cuz it hurts my precious feelings so bad. It was a 10 dollar buy in tournament, quit taking it so seriously like you were part of the game. so take that u ****ing goat!

In the 2003 World Series of Poker's (WSOP) $2,500 buy-in limit Hold'em tournament, I found myself heads up with Young Phan. In 2001, I was heads up with Scotty Nguyen in Omaha 8/b with a chance to win my eighth title; I lost. In 2002, I was heads up with Johnny Chan in no limit Hold'em with a chance to win number eight; I lost--instead Chan won #7 to tie me. This time I needed to win! Especially because I was at the peak of my poker powers. Unfortunately, I don't seem to reach the peak of my poker powers too often, therefore when I do, I need to go ahead and use all of my powers to win!!I was playing great poker, and I was ready to win, but Young wasn't going for it! Back and forth we battled, 100 hands, then 200 hands, then we crested 300 hands of one on one poker, and neither one of us would back down. When we were playing $3,000-$6,000 limit when the following hand came up; and gave me the confidence to win--and perhaps took a little steam out of Young Phan's sails. I raised with K-10 off suit before the flop, and the flop came down 2s-4s-7h.Young checked, and then I bet out $3,000. Now Phan check raised me, making it $6,000 to go. I checked my hand to see if I had a spade in it, in case it came two spades the next two cards. I didn't have a spade, but decided to call $3,000 bet anyway. The next card was the 7d, for a board of 2s-4s-7h-7d, and now Phan bet out $6,000. I felt like the right play was to fold (Phan could have me beat with any pair or ace high or have me crushed with trip sevens).I called the $6,000 bet (in my mind I believed that Young had a straight draw of some sort like 6-8). The last card was the 9s, for 2s-4s-7h-7d-9s, and Young bet out $6,000 again. The flush had hit. Now I could only beat a busted straight draw. But I thought that that was exactly what Phan had, so I called the $6,000 bet without too much hesitation. When Young rapped the table, meaning that he was bluffing, I jumped out of my seat. After all, this was a super tough call, and I had made it!WOW, sounds similar to my hand. I put him on a hand. I felt the right play after the turn was to fold, but I believed that he had only ace high. I got lucky on the river to make my hand and beat him. Phil called this hand the whole way thinking he was beat on the turn and river but just had this feeling that was actually calling a draw. I guess Hellmuth is a fish too? why don't you give him a call up and tell him since you know everything there is to know about poker.

You still do not get it....in the Hellmuth hand, he KNEW THAT IT WAS POSSIBLE THAT HE WAS BEAT, BUT HE FELT THE WHOLE TIME THAT HIS OPPONENT WAS ON A STRAIGHT DRAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE FELT THIS WAY THE ENTIRE HAND, AND THAT IS WHY HE CALLED HIM DOWN, BECAUSE HE PUT HIM ON A BUSTED STRAIGHT DRAW AND COULD IN FACT BEAT A BUSTED STRAIGHT DRAW, ALTHOUGH HE KNEW THAT HE COULD POSSIBLY BE WRONG.....YOU ON THE OTHER HAND, PUT HIM ON A KING, AND THEN WHEN YOU HIT YOUR HAND, CHANGED YOUR READ MID-HAND....THIS IS THE ENTIRE POINT, YOU CHANGED YOUR READ MID-HAND BASED ON YOU CATCHING A JACK ON THE TURN, WHILE HELLMUTH FELT THAT HIS OPPONENT WAS ON A STRAIGHT DRAW THE WHOLE WAY...IF HELLMUTH HAD PUT HIS OPPONENT ON A PAIR, HE WOULD HAVE FOLDED, BUT HE DIDN'T PUT HIM ON A PAIR, HE PUT HIM ON A STRAIGHT DRAW...YOU ON THE OTHER HAND, PUT YOUR OPPONENT ON A KING, CALLED ANYWAY, THEN HIT A JACK, AND THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN CHANGED YOUR READ TO HIM ONLY HAVING ACE-HIGH......THESE ARE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SITUATIONS, JESUS, YOU ARE PROVING YOURSELF TO BE A HUGE FISH AND A HUGE DUMBASS AT THE SAME TIMEalso, you said that you felt the right play after the turn was to fold, yet you put him on only ace-high!?!?!?!? this makes no sense whatsoever, becuase if you felt the right play after the turn was to fold, then you would put him on a hand that could beat your jacks , which ace-high would not do, your logic is completely ridiculous...i can easily understand why you are a huge fish

the thing that you're forgetting is that you do not know how my brother plays. he is known to bet big after a check to try to buy the pot and when he did i thought he was bluffing. so again just please call me a fish one more time, it would make my day. until i see you win the wsop, shut your trap you think you know poker but you don't. and by the way, my mom is dead, so ISTYDAFYWYWAC!ps. ISTYDAFYWYWAC means I'm sorry that your dad ass fuc*ed you when you were a child. Game over!!!

Guest XXEddie
the thing that you're forgetting is that you do not know how my brother plays. he is known to bet big after a check to try to buy the pot and when he did i thought he was bluffing. so again just please call me a fish one more time, it would make my day. until i see you win the wsop, shut your trap you think you know poker but you don't. and by the way, my mom is dead, so ISTYDAFYWYWAC!ps. ISTYDAFYWYWAC means I'm sorry that your dad ass fuc*ed you when you were a child. Game over!!!
it doesnt matter if your brother play tight/wea/aggresive...whateveryou made a fish move in changing your read simply to justify not foldingany other good player that put your bro on a K wouldagiven up the hand on the turn since we are drawing to 2 outs

this calls for new FCP lingo:while putting a read on someone for top pair and calling when you know you only have two outs...then changing it ASAP on the turn while being a total fish, not really knowing that your opponent has. if you change your read 100000 times in one hand, you have to be right atleast once...which then makes you a genius.you just got DMILLedteneight

this calls for new FCP lingo:while putting a read on someone for top pair and calling when you know you only have two outs...then changing it ASAP on the turn.you just got DMILLedteneight
hey man,if the chips are coming my way, i'll take em however i can.see you at the pond tomorrow. don't forget your bait.10 8 is a pretty stupid hand i'd say

Maybe I did win the world series of poker...I'm Dan Harrington, B1tch!!seriously though, every other person who has replied has said the exact same thing that i have said, it doesn't matter how your sister plays, you made a read, changed it so you could justify chasing very few outs to the river........so quit being a douchebag and go read a poker book

i finally figured it out. you're from Misery!! You don't have a life, so you look at posts all over the net and criticize everything. since there is nothing but crap in misery, you do nothing but play online poker and read posts. sorry man, sucks to be you. all praise the poker gods from misery and those who play 10 eight. honestly guys who keep saying that i'm a fish, get a fricken life. yeah i got lucky, big deal. we all have sometime during poker. i'm sure you always make the right plays. ISYDAFYWYWACHave fun criticizing all the posts on here. wow, i just make a posts saying i put a bad beat on my brother with a .06% of winning the hand after the flop and of course there are "Poker Pros" on here that criticize it. You tell me to think about what i'm saying, well maybe you should. our home games aren't ****ing wsop events where everything is all serious. when you write your poker book let me know. ROFL

dmill. okay go post this at 2+2 forums..or any other legit poker forum and see what response you get there. give us the link after 10-15 responses from others. if they say anything different from what the FCP members said, then we are the douche clowns. i highly doubt you will get different responses though "good luck"- smashteneight

i finally figured it out. you're from Misery!! You don't have a life, so you look at posts all over the net and criticize everything. since there is nothing but crap in misery, you do nothing but play online poker and read posts. sorry man, sucks to be you.  all praise the poker gods from misery and those who play 10 eight. honestly guys who keep saying that i'm a fish, get a fricken life. yeah i got lucky, big deal. we all have sometime during poker. i'm sure you always make the right plays. ISYDAFYWYWACHave fun criticizing all the posts on here.  wow, i just make a posts saying i put a bad beat on my brother with a .06% of winning the hand after the flop and of course there are "Poker Pros" on here that criticize it. You tell me to think about what i'm saying, well maybe you should. our home games aren't censored wsop events where everything is all serious. when you write your poker book let me know.  ROFL
Boy, you sure told him. Good for you. Watch the language next time though. This is a family forum. I like the misery line of jokes too. You should look into trademarking those bad boys.
i finally figured it out. you're from Misery!! You don't have a life, so you look at posts all over the net and criticize everything. since there is nothing but crap in misery, you do nothing but play online poker and read posts. sorry man, sucks to be you.  all praise the poker gods from misery and those who play 10 eight. honestly guys who keep saying that i'm a fish, get a fricken life. yeah i got lucky, big deal. we all have sometime during poker. i'm sure you always make the right plays. ISYDAFYWYWACHave fun criticizing all the posts on here.  wow, i just make a posts saying i put a bad beat on my brother with a .06% of winning the hand after the flop and of course there are "Poker Pros" on here that criticize it. You tell me to think about what i'm saying, well maybe you should. our home games aren't censored wsop events where everything is all serious. when you write your poker book let me know.  ROFL
Boy, you sure told him. Good for you. Watch the language next time though. This is a family forum. I like the misery line of jokes too. You should look into trademarking those bad boys.
My point exactly. U rock Ron

Oh no, those Missouri jokes really hurt, because the fact that I live there must mean that I identify myself with that state and take all Missouri jokes personally.........seriously though, what state/country are you from, so I can go make up some snazzy jokes about that state......dude, seriously, you posted the hand in a POKER FORUM, what kind of response did you expect, did you need someone to say something queer like..." HEY, GOOD PLAY THERE BIG BOY, YOU ARE THE MAN AND YOUR PENIS IS SO BIG...WANNA GO GET SOME COFFEE WITH ME AND MY BOYFRIENDS...BLAH, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH..if you don't wanna read about how much you suck at poker, than don't post fishy hands at a poker forum where many of the posters, including myself, Dan "f*ckin" Harrington, discuss poker strategy........I challenge you to a duel, b1tch,....Pistols at Dawn, Motha F*ckaAlso, there is plenty to do in Missouri, such as go watch the best team in Baseball play...and when I say the best team in baseball, I'm talkin' about the K.C. Royals, B1tch!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no, those Missouri jokes really hurt, because the fact that I live there must mean that I identify myself with that state and take all Missouri jokes personally.........seriously though, what state/country are you from, so I can go make up some snazzy jokes about that state......dude, seriously, you posted the hand in a POKER FORUM, what kind of response did you expect, did you need someone to say something queer like..." HEY, GOOD PLAY THERE BIG BOY, YOU ARE THE MAN AND YOUR PENIS IS SO BIG...WANNA GO GET SOME COFFEE WITH ME AND MY BOYFRIENDS...BLAH, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH..if you don't wanna read about how much you suck at poker, than don't post fishy hands at a poker forum where many of the posters, including myself, Dan  "f*ckin" Harrington, discuss poker strategy........I challenge you to a duel, b1tch,....Pistols at Dawn, Motha F*cka
Keep running your mouth. I love it you stupid FISH fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish I just wanted to make sure that word was on here enough since it means so much to you.go back to your online poker you miserable POS
Guest XXEddie
Keep running your mouth. I love it you stupid FISH  fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish fishy fish fish fishy fish  I just wanted to make sure that word was on here enough since it means so much to you.go back to your online poker you miserable POS
just from reading the topic OP, i could tell you are def. a fish. come play at Ultimate bet money table, i will gladly play you heads up 100 SnG'steneight
Let me think again.....Oh yeah, i did win the hand. SO SUCK IT!
you are confused on who the fish is
In the 2003 World Series of Poker's (WSOP) $2,500 buy-in limit Hold'em tournament, I found myself heads up with Young Phan. In 2001, I was heads up with Scotty Nguyen in Omaha 8/b with a chance to win my eighth title; I lost. In 2002, I was heads up with Johnny Chan in no limit Hold'em with a chance to win number eight; I lost--instead Chan won #7 to tie me. This time I needed to win! Especially because I was at the peak of my poker powers. Unfortunately, I don't seem to reach the peak of my poker powers too often, therefore when I do, I need to go ahead and use all of my powers to win!!I was playing great poker, and I was ready to win, but Young wasn't going for it! Back and forth we battled, 100 hands, then 200 hands, then we crested 300 hands of one on one poker, and neither one of us would back down. When we were playing $3,000-$6,000 limit when the following hand came up; and gave me the confidence to win--and perhaps took a little steam out of Young Phan's sails. I raised with K-10 off suit before the flop, and the flop came down 2s-4s-7h.Young checked, and then I bet out $3,000. Now Phan check raised me, making it $6,000 to go. I checked my hand to see if I had a spade in it, in case it came two spades the next two cards. I didn't have a spade, but decided to call $3,000 bet anyway. The next card was the 7d, for a board of 2s-4s-7h-7d, and now Phan bet out $6,000. I felt like the right play was to fold (Phan could have me beat with any pair or ace high or have me crushed with trip sevens).I called the $6,000 bet (in my mind I believed that Young had a straight draw of some sort like 6-8 ). The last card was the 9s, for 2s-4s-7h-7d-9s, and Young bet out $6,000 again. The flush had hit. Now I could only beat a busted straight draw. But I thought that that was exactly what Phan had, so I called the $6,000 bet without too much hesitation.When Young rapped the table, meaning that he was bluffing, I jumped out of my seat. After all, this was a super tough call, and I had made it!WOW, sounds similar to my hand. I put him on a hand. I felt the right play after the turn was to fold, but I believed that he had only ace high. I got lucky on the river to make my hand and beat him. Phil called this hand the whole way thinking he was beat on the turn and river but just had this feeling that was actually calling a draw. I guess Hellmuth is a fish too? why don't you give him a call up and tell him since you know everything there is to know about poker.
One thing you have failed to realize is that Hellmuth didn't definitively put Phan on a hand until the turn came, and until that turn card he believed he had the best hand with his K high on a raggedy board. He didn't change his read after any round of betting. You won the hand...congrats...but don't fool youself into thinking that any skill was used in chasing down that hand. Only a fish would have done what you did. Everytime you say something that hole you are digging just keeps getting deeper and deeper. Besides, Phil Hellmuth is the last person you want to model your poker game after. Phil is a good player but he is the only person that can get away with his style of play...it is truly unique.
i finally figured it out. you're from Misery!! You don't have a life, so you look at posts all over the net and criticize everything. since there is nothing but crap in misery, you do nothing but play online poker and read posts. sorry man, sucks to be you. all praise the poker gods from misery and those who play 10 eight. honestly guys who keep saying that i'm a fish, get a fricken life. yeah i got lucky, big deal. we all have sometime during poker. i'm sure you always make the right plays. ISYDAFYWYWACHave fun criticizing all the posts on here. wow, i just make a posts saying i put a bad beat on my brother with a .06% of winning the hand after the flop and of course there are "Poker Pros" on here that criticize it. You tell me to think about what i'm saying, well maybe you should. our home games aren't censored wsop events where everything is all serious. when you write your poker book let me know.ROFL
Harsh words although I think shit and fuck would have served you better than "crap", "censored", and the ever vile "fricken"