I have been following this site since the day it opened and have finally gotten around to becoming a member. Gotta say that I love this site and reading Daniel's journal.Anywho, I was playing at my usual spot last night in Sarnia, Ontario, and the dealer started talking about Mr. Negreanu. He said that he delt to him for years in Toronto before he made the move out to Vegas and became famous. He said "That little guy was real nice, he would just sit there chewing on a paper cup looking nervous, he always looked real nervous". The dealer could have been talking out his ass but I dunno, anyway I found it interesting so I thought I'd share.Peace

To the above posters, yes I live I live and play in Sarnia, also play a lot in the pokeroom at Motor City in Detroit. I dont remember the dealers name but if I go in tonight i'll make sure I post it on here tommorow. So that is true about Daniel chewing on paper cups? Can anyone elaborate on why he did that??? And sorry to any of you who thought my post on 'Daniel's dealer' had anything to do with drugs... ha ha now thats funny. 8)

It had to do with something about getting water. He said something about it in one of his recent journals or articles i believe. I remember readin it not to long ago.

Well essentially he chew on cups for this reason. He would typically drink water at the poker table. Now, if he just left his cup sit there while he was done, the waitress or janitor or whoever did the cleaning would come around and throw out his empty cup. So he got into the habit of continuously chewing on his cup so as to keep it and not have it thrown away thereby saving his cup and saving the environment.