new to this forum and saying hello

Hi my name is Jim known as StarlightCoast in the online gaming world. I'm 37, happily married for over 6 years now living in Central Coast Oregon. A little town called Lincoln City, population 7400 or so. Right now I am a semi professional poker player. That's someone who makes some money playing, but still has to keep his day job. :D Seriously I am currently a $1/$2 limit player and a $5/.50 MTT player. My goal is to become a full time professional player. What that means to me may not be what it means to others, but to me it's simply being able to play poker for a living with no other job required. I'm a cashier at a convience store so if I can double my existing take home pay each and every week then it's good enuf for me and the Mrs. I am very lucky in the fact that my wife Becci is completely supportive of my quest to go pro. She is my routing section and refuses to allow me to give up the dream when things go bad or when I get down on myself. She simply won't allow it. She's a keeper. I plan on playing poker full time before the end of 2005. I have been playing online holdem since March 2004 and have learned so much in that time. And I notice my play and results getting better and better yet at the same time I find myself learning more and more even after 10 months of playing this game. My poker idol would have to be without a doubt Howard lederer (sorry Daniel) and I try to pattern myself after him and his style, but with just enuf of my own style mixed in.Well, that's all for now. Great forum from what I've seen and I hope to be contributing soon. StarlightCoast

hey well gl to ya...im sure deep down we all have that dream...but HEY your actually really going for it (of course assuming others arent' which im sure they are because well who likes to work when u can sit on your ass all day long and do nothing but play poker...i've said to much?)...GL AND HOPE TO SEE YOUR POSTS

Hi my name is Jim known as StarlightCoast in the online gaming world. I'm 37, happily married for over 6 years now living in Central Coast Oregon. A little town called Lincoln City, population 7400 or so.
Welcome to the forum, been there many times, kids love it.

WE NEED MORE ANGER AND SARCASM IN PEOPLE'S POST. Your post was too nice and polite. We need more stuff to laugh at and redicule so we can put our 2 cents in because well...that's all we have. is 2 cents left.I FORGIVE YOU SINCE ITS YOUR FIRST POST BUT LATER..PUT SOME WEIRD STUFF ON TO ENTERTAIN US!!!!! LOL

A lot of people on this forum are great poker players, but poor human beings. Well, not poor human beings, but sarcastic, impatient, and somewhat toolish. Eventually, you will post a question or something about a hand, and you will be ridiculed. Look past the condescending remarks, and actually read the advice, which is usual correct. Also, beware of 16 year olds who just started playing but think they know all because they are from Texas :-)

Hi my name is Jim known as StarlightCoast in the online gaming world. I'm 37, happily married for over 6 years now living in Central Coast Oregon. A little town called Lincoln City, population 7400 or so.
Welcome to the forum, been there many times, kids love it.
Are you close to Lincoln City? What town are you in?