question about downswing

I've played 5,906 hands at 5/10 and find myself down 0.54 BB/100. I was just wondering if this was normal and if anyone else has experienced a losing streak this long. Also, what is the avg BB/100 someone should expect to win over the course of 10,000 hands?

I've played 5,906 hands at 5/10 and find myself down 0.54 BB/100. I was just wondering if this was normal and if anyone else has experienced a losing streak this long. Also, what is the avg BB/100 someone should expect to win over the course of 10,000 hands?
your sample is small, ive got a similar sample at party 5-10 and am sh0wing similar results, but its just variance. give it another 6k or so hands before you jump to conclusions.
most players lose $$ in pokersome post herenone will admit they are losing players overall.for the recordI will admit I am.Started in March '05.Winner since June 1st however
idunno what you are insinuating, but outside of my last 6k hands im a hugely winning player.
most players lose $$ in pokersome post herenone will admit they are losing players overall.for the recordI will admit I am.Started in March '05.Winner since June 1st however
idunno what you are insinuating, but outside of my last 6k hands im a hugely winning player.
I was not meaning that for you.It's a general commentary on the tendency for poker players to lie about their earning power.

ill gladly admit that after 5k on party im losing..still up br wise from my run on bodog...of course i have had the worst run of cards possible....hoping that a change of site will help end this awful run ive had

6k hands isn't a "small" sample. It's large enough to say that you're roughly a break even player at those limits; or at least have been playing a 'break even' game in the past. Your true win rate may be slightly higher or lower than the sample win rate, but it's not going to be far from it.

It's large enough to say that you're roughly a break even player at those limits; or at least have been playing a 'break even' game in the past. That's crap.I have dozens of 6k downswings.Fairly sure I'm a winning player.

6000 hands is only 30 hours of play if you multitable 4 tables. I mean thats not even a week for a serious player. Of course you will have downswings that last for a week, and much more than that at times.You need to play way more to know if youre a winning or a losing player.

6000 hands is only 30 hours of play if you multitable 4 tables. I mean thats not even a week for a serious player. Of course you will have downswings that last for a week, and much more than that at times.You need to play way more to know if youre a winning or a losing player.
i never thought anyone could make this much sense on their first post.