"tilt" 2nd episode, also question for daniel?

Im not sure how much I would like this show if it werent for Michael Madsen. I dont like the good guys, they seem too cheesy. Like theyre some kind of poker super heroes. The black guy (sorry I dont know his name) doesnt seem like he ever knows what hes doing. As far as the lingo, sometimes it sounds too cheesy. There are alot of things I noticed, the one that sticks out in my head right now is when the main guy bluffed off his stack with AJ at the end of the satellite because he had a deal with that guy. When he gets called, he shrugs, and says "Good call. I was trying to run you over." The way he said it sounded so cheesy. You can tell hes never said that before in his life. Despite all the negatives, Im glad theres a decent poker show on TV to watch.P.S. Thanks for the autograph, Daniel.

You have to be kidding me. Gladiator is Citizen Kane compared with Master and Commander. The movie is widely known among the movie critic community to be one of the worst movies of that year. The only movie Russell Crowe was remotely good in was A Beautiful Mind and that movie was complete nonsense. It wasn't an accurate portrayal of John Nash at all even though Crowe did a very good impression of the man.As I'm typing this L.A. Confidential came into my head and I remember him being pretty good in that. But there is no way you can make an argument for Master and Commander being a quality flick.
Not to get too far out on a tangent, but what about "The Usual Suspects" -- Great flick, in which Spacey was very good. I guess more the idea behind his character and the plot was very good, but he did a fine job in it. I do think he is WAY overrated, though.
I was expecting a better product myself, but i don't like that ESPN should be getting flack for there programing...because they are a sports network, everyone thinks they should being doing reality type sports shows..They are trying something new, and getting some less than positive feedback from it....just like they did 25 years ago when everyone said 24 hour sports on t.v would never work.The same thing happened with the show "playmakers" the nfl had a fit about it and it got canceled, which is too bad, cause i did like that show a lotIT'S JUST ENTERTAINMENT.... Why should espn be held more accountable than any other networks
Yeah, we know it's "just entertainment". Doesn't mean we can't comment on whether it's good or bad. I get so sick of these dumb posts that doth protest too much "But guys, it's JUST a tv show!". Yeah, thanks for the revelation. All this time, I thought it was a ****in' casserole.Yes, Tilt is pretty dumb. Dumb dialogue, plastic characters, and even boring poker. But like some other guy said here, I'm such a poker whore, I'll watch just about ANYTHING when it involves poker. Even the WPT Hollywood Home Game. Ugh. :sick: Switching to decaf now...
Does anyone from Canada know when and where Tilt is on? I keep seeing the ads for Thursday 9 PM but alas last night I could not find the damn thing.
ESPN is not available in Canada. You can wait for the series to come on to TSN and be behind 1 year.Or you can download it through a torrant. The quality is quite good.