best album (cd) ever

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh i know that i'm gonna get totally chastized for this, but i'm a country girl so i have to represent that genre of music in this discussion as well...i just got Keith Urban's new cd - Be Here... it hasn't left my stereo for two weeks. it's absolutely awesome. and then there's the classics, like the Garth Brooks double live, Tim McGraw and the Dancehall Doctors. And Shania's Greatest Hits. Ok, start ripping my music apart now!!!!!

oh i know that i'm gonna get totally chastized for this, but i'm a country girl so i have to represent that genre of music in this discussion as well...i just got Keith Urban's new cd - Be Here... it hasn't left my stereo for two weeks. it's absolutely awesome. and then there's the classics, like the Garth Brooks double live, Tim McGraw and the Dancehall Doctors. And Shania's Greatest Hits. Ok, start ripping my music apart now!!!!!
I enjoy music from every genre...including country. However, when talking classic country, you have to go back to Hank Williams, George Jones, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard. I wouldn't call Garth Brooks or Tim McGraw classics, but I guess you're using the term in the sense that you really like them. I like Dwight Yoakam's music myself!Check out:Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales

My favorite five are probably the foloowing:1.) Pink Floyd - Animals2.) Opeth - Deliverance3.) Mr. Bungle - Disco Volante4.) Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon5.) Tool - AenimaAnything by Opeth is gold, by the way...

REM - especially New Adventures in HiFiBeastie Boys - Licensed to Ill, Paul's BoutiqueDylan - of courseThe ByrdsI could go on and on...wait, I think I have gone on and on.

Wow. alot of yall have horrible taste in music. :-)
Care to elaborate?

um,,,,someone said STAIND??? & COLDPLAY???The soundtrack to Top Gun is a better CD than those.I mean cmon, what about Aerosmith's debut album, of couse most any pink floyd & led zeppelin, pearl jam's ten. But Coldplay?? I will say Audioslave's debut cd was the best of last year though.

Led Zepplin - How the west was won!!!!!Guns and Roses - Appitite for DestructionU2 - Joshua TreeOasis - Definitely MaybeRHCP - Californication OR Live at Hyde parkStereophonics - Performance and CocktailsColdplay - Rush of Blood to the HeadCraig Armstrong - Piano MoodsSomething for every mood and occation!

Led Zepplin - How the west was won!!!!!Guns and Roses - Appitite for DestructionU2 - Joshua TreeOasis - Definitely MaybeRHCP - Californication OR Live at Hyde parkStereophonics - Performance and censoredColdplay - Rush of Blood to the HeadCraig Armstrong - Piano MoodsSomething for every mood and occation!
LOL...Stereophonics - Performance and Cocktails is playing right now! Why is "c o c k t a i l s" censored?
I'm going to go with Staind - Break the Cycle.
[Violent fits of laughter...convulsions...make it stop...]Too hard to name one, so I'll do top 5.1. Beatles - Revolver2. Beach Boys - Pet Sounds3. Radiohead - OK Computer4. Trane - Giant Steps5. Miles - Bitches Brew
I'm going to go with Staind - Break the Cycle.
[Violent fits of laughter...convulsions...make it stop...]Too hard to name one, so I'll do top 5.1. Beatles - Revolver2. Beach Boys - Pet Sounds3. Radiohead - OK Computer4. Trane - Giant Steps5. Miles - censored Brew
Not familiar with Trane, but since I like your first 3 I'll check it out...thanks.

as always with the time and place but here are a few od my favs.1. any nirvana2. sleep, holy mountain3. any chris cornell4. high on fire's , surrounded by thieves5.any nina simone6. most black sabbath7.any paco de lucia (flamenco)8.all doors albulms9;all beatles10. all Gwar, just kidden

as always with the time and place but here are a few od my favs.1. any nirvana2. sleep, holy mountain3. any chris cornell4. high on fire's , surrounded by thieves5.any nina simone6. most black sabbath7.any paco de lucia (flamenco)8.all doors albulms9;all beatles10. all Gwar, just kidden
Gwar is awesome. I'm so glad to see someone with them on their list. Ever been to one of their shows?? Yeah, me neither.Don't buy tranes CD...no offense to the OP...but they're gay.Best:1. Sublime-every one of their cds2. Counting Crows-August and everything after & Recovering the Satalites.3. Led Zepplin-what cd wasn't good?4. George Straight-any cd except his most recent one.5. The Ziggens-all of their cds are great. I'm suprised these guys never got famous...best surfer rock ever (beach boys got nothin).6. Bob Marley-all of'em.Not Best:1. Beatles-horrible2. Radio Head-I feel like killing myself everytime I hear a song by them. It's so depressing.3. Cold play-?4. U2-? I just don't get it.5. The beastie boys-Their music started as a joke in the first place...nuf said.6. Pink floyd-booooooringIn aggreement:1. The Stones-I could see how people think they are best.2. Nirvana-They did real good.No offense to anyone...just a big music fan. I'm very critical when it comes to what's considered good. :-)

Heh...I've actually been to two Gwar shows. They are a ton of fun. Never have I been so happy to be covered with various bodily fluids. In fact, I'm seeing them again in a month of so.What amazed me was that the second time I saw them everyone was singing along. I was shocked that people not only bought their albums, but knew the words well enough to sing along. Whatever. I can't recommend an album by them, but certainly can recommend the show.

Heh...I've actually been to two Gwar shows. They are a ton of fun. Never have I been so happy to be covered with various bodily fluids. In fact, I'm seeing them again in a month of so.What amazed me was that the second time I saw them everyone was singing along. I was shocked that people not only bought their albums, but knew the words well enough to sing along. Whatever. I can't recommend an album by them, but certainly can recommend the show.
See, that's why I mentioned it. I just don't see the fun in a giant D I C K spraying white stuff on me....call me wierd. :-)
See, that's why I mentioned it. I just don't see the fun in a giant D I C K spraying white stuff on me....call me wierd. Smile
It's mostly blood really. Besides, they only have a range of forty feet or so. You could definitely stay out of the crosshairs.

When I posted the album "Trane - Giant Steps" that was John Coltrane, the genius and not Train, the impossibly lame adult contemp band.and wrto, i hate to get smashesque in a fun thread, but if you think the beatles are horrible, your opinion means nothing. zip. you are a musical idiot.it's likely that none of your favorite bands would have created the music they did if not for the beatles.for example, you like counting crows. i do too. i'm sure you know that one of their biggest influences is van morrison. no bob dylan=no beatles=no van morrison= no counting crows.you can do that type of line drawing with just about every band today.go here and get edumacated:http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&u...36psa9ugb23s~T2

If you are critical of what's "good" then you should re-evaluate your "not good" list. Haha, The beatles are timeless and if it wasn't for them there wouldn't be rock and roll music like there is today. Radiohead is odd, but extremely talented as well as U2. I just can't see you saying U2 isn't good. Whether or not you like their style doesn't change the fact that they make "good" music and are extremely talented.

wrto thinks the Beatles are horrible...and he likes the Doors....I think his opinion regarding music is irrelevant!
LOL!The beatles were just so bubble gum. yellow submarine...strawberry fields forever...You got to have something with soul. I think maybe 2 of there songs were worth listening to. At MOST.I forgot to mention lynard skynard! Jesus jones, that's a sin.