help for online poker

I been playing online on Party Poker for a while now and it seems like it's so unbeatable. I don't understand the ridiculous bad beats that I never see in live games. They almost make me laugh. Variance doesn't seem to pay off online. Should I switch sites? I was told that Party Poker had this program that makes you lose when you're winning by giving bad beats. If anyone has any useful advice it's appreciated. Please give me your input on Ultimate Bet, Poker Stars, Paradise Poker. Thanks

This is pretty classic. To the poster, I say just read a book on whatever game it is you're playing and try to go from there. Believe me the bad beats at other sites are just as bad, and forget whatever junk you've ever heard or read about the sites being rigged against certain players. Party poker is literally printing money, so why the hell would it risk being shutdown by integrating an unfair program? Considering it's not the site that takes your money when you get a bad beat, what's thier motivation for cheating you?Download a poker program, play a few thousand hands and try to find your leak in the game. Also, clarifying what game/limits you play would help.

let me ask u something mark...what limits do u play..whats ur br...and what books have u read to prepare for the poker? yes it is a fish bowl and if u play right it can be taken advantage of

This is pretty classic. To the poster, I say just read a book on whatever game it is you're playing and try to go from there. Believe me the bad beats at other sites are just as bad, and forget whatever junk you've ever heard or read about the sites being rigged against certain players. Party poker is literally printing money, so why the hell would it risk being shutdown by integrating an unfair program? Considering it's not the site that takes your money when you get a bad beat, what's thier motivation for cheating you?Download a poker program, play a few thousand hands and try to find your leak in the game. Also, clarifying what game/limits you play would help.
Well the motivation is to keep the losing players to believing that they can win and keep coming back to lose more money. Thanks for your advice and I think i know the leak of my game and that is overplaying top pair or overplaying premium hands in short handed games in short handed games. What I did find about my game is that I do extremely well on SnG's. Should I just stick to those only and leave cash alone?

I can't say it enough, I hate Party Poker.I play at Poker Stars mainly. I like it much better, but that's just me. Yes you see a lot of beats on Party, but I see a lot on Stars and Full Tilt as well. I still hate Party Poker though...see link belowhttp://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...3853&highlight=

I been playing online on Party Poker for a while now and it seems like it's so unbeatable. I don't understand the ridiculous bad beats that I never see in live games. They almost make me laugh. Variance doesn't seem to pay off online. Should I switch sites? I was told that Party Poker had this program that makes you lose when you're winning by giving bad beats. If anyone has any useful advice it's appreciated. Please give me your input on Ultimate Bet, Poker Stars, Paradise Poker. Thanks
come on dude, you see a billion more hands online than you do live.
let me ask u something mark...what limits do u play..whats ur br...and what books have u read to prepare for the poker? yes it is a fish bowl and if u play right it can be taken advantage of
I play 0.5-1 and sometimes $25 no limit. I have read Small Stakes and Play Poker Like the Pros. My Bankroll went from $50 to $400 then I got really discouraged by the percentages I heard of winning players online which is like 15% and It made me feel that online was unbeatable so I guess I was on a bad tilt.... Are you a winning online player? and if you don't mind can you give me some background?
Well the motivation is to keep the losing players to believing that they can win and keep coming back to lose more money. Thanks for your advice and I think i know the leak of my game and that is overplaying top pair or overplaying premium hands in short handed games in short handed games. What I did find about my game is that I do extremely well on SnG's. Should I just stick to those only and leave cash alone?
If you do "extremely well" in sit n go's, then stick with it. The structure of Party's SnG's, from what I remember, are too quick. If you want to mainly play SnG's, then I would recommend Full Tilt and then PokerStars.Tourney and ring game strategy are completly different. What works in a NL holdem tourney won't transfer directly to a NL ring game. Don't worry about Party being rigged. It just won't happen. You should be more worried about the players playing there.
If you do "extremely well" in sit n go's, then stick with it. The structure of Party's SnG's, from what I remember, are too quick. If you want to mainly play SnG's, then I would recommend Full Tilt and then PokerStars.Tourney and ring game strategy are completly different. What works in a NL holdem tourney won't transfer directly to a NL ring game. Don't worry about Party being rigged. It just won't happen. You should be more worried about the players playing there.
Thanks for the advice. I think I will switch to Full Tilt. Does anyone know a bonus code for first time deposit and does anyone need a referral?
Thanks for the advice. I think I will switch to Full Tilt. Does anyone know a bonus code for first time deposit and does anyone need a referral?
Not sure about the referral code, but make sure to look for me , mbreon, on Full Tilt. I'm the table donkey.And as far as your conspiracy claims on Party, why would they care who is winning and who's not? All they care about is the rake. They could give two shits if I am winning 10 grand or losing 10 grand there, they get their share either way. Players will continue to come to the site no matter what happens.Again, make sure to put mbreon on your buddy list and come play.
Well, now that the secret is out... This is what I use and it helps more than any of those silly books people read, You have to get a quality one though, this is the second one I have owned and so far it shows no sign of turning my hair green and rusting out on me, and I wear it a lot.I've recently even begun wearing it while driving, you know so that I don't get in a crash. It's +EV, even away from the poker table, much like Whiskey.