don't you hate when..............

don't you hate when a perfect read gets screwed by the river.the flop was K-3-J i was holding 5-3 turn was 7 the suits dosen't matter no flush was possible.I was 99% sure the guys was on a str8 draw. I put him all-in with my pr. of 3's..I knew I had the best hand and the guy calls...he turns over A-10....all in on an inside str8 draw...was i stupid to go all in or was he stupid to call..we were playing tourney with 1500 starting chips....i was allin he would have been left with virtually nothing...we were heads up...final tbl. oh ya the river was a :spadesq:

don't you hate when a perfect read gets screwed by the river.the flop was  K-3-J  i was holding 5-3  turn was  7 the suits dosen't matter no flush was possible.I was 99% sure the guys was on a str8 draw. I put him all-in with my pr. of 3's..I knew I had the best hand and the guy calls...he turns over A-10....all in on an inside str8 draw...was i stupid to go all in or was he stupid to call..we were playing tourney with 1500 starting chips....i was allin he would have been left with virtually nothing...we were heads up...final tbl.  oh ya the river was a   :spadesq:
i know he had alot of outs...but i think it was a bad call on his part...i made my mind up on my read of him and stuck with it... :x

3-5 in your hand? and you went in with a pair of 3s? Even if he was working an inside straight which meant his hole cards were higher than your 3, any of his outs, if they came in beats you. I would have put a strong push on him, but not an all in...

We can only hope  :cry:
Just finished Harrington on Hold Em II and if I am not mistaken, doesn't he say not to fold the small blind in heads up unless your opponent is a serial raiser? The money is right to at least call.Answer: Yes

I'm guessing that there was no betting on the flop either. So IMO good read, bad push, even worse call. Why put your tournament life on the line with bottom pair? A better approach would be a pot sized bet on the turn and if he calls then, you re-evaluate on the river.

Hey. comon.. dont start flames.Good read you had, too bad for the draw. The best players are the ones who can pick up reads, so obviously your on your way to becoming a great player.Just remember, if you pick up that you have a player beat, but your certain he has outs, you should limit yourself to losing because of bad luck.No need to push or over bet the turn here if you know you have him.

Hey. comon.. dont start flames.Good read you had, too bad for the draw.  The best players are the ones who can pick up reads, so obviously your on your way to becoming a great player.Just remember, if you pick up that you have a player beat, but your certain he has outs, you should limit yourself to losing because of bad luck.No need to push or over bet the turn here if you know you have him.
but he also told me later he was going to go all-in himself...so s h i t happens
Hey. comon.. dont start flames.Good read you had, too bad for the draw.  The best players are the ones who can pick up reads, so obviously your on your way to becoming a great player.Just remember, if you pick up that you have a player beat, but your certain he has outs, you should limit yourself to losing because of bad luck.No need to push or over bet the turn here if you know you have him.
ya know when ya have a read down pat on a player....i watched him a few hands earlier..it was a hand i wasn't in..and he made the same motions when he was on a sttr8 draw..so i was really really sure he was again..i even told him what he had before he turned it over...he was kinda suprised.
Guest XXEddie
"there was no raise pre flop"You don´t play 5-3....unless you´re BB and can check it.If you do, you get punished..... 8)
Maybe you should read other posts before bashing someone"were you in the BB?""Yup"