fitness challenge

well snaps.i'm about to go on a road trip to florida...know what that means...fast food and pop.i freaking hate fast food (unless it's arby's...mm) but ive been trying to just get salads when i do hit up fast food........unless it's arbys...mm..anywho...i've had one can of pop in like that last 2.5 months...so need to stay away from that...but are there guidlines to eating? i know road trips are never good for ...being healthy.meh.- Jordanwhy do u say creatine sux? i likes.
Subway has some healthy subs for fast food. I really like Boston Market, it there is one around - good food, fast. Try to stick to water - forget the pop (you must be from the mid-west, we're the only ones I know that don't say 'soda'). Even on a road trip you can find good food fast (not burgers - yuck).
ohio actually...michigan...haha, we are now supposed to hate one another.I like michigan a lot...my family used to go to traverse city for vacations a good deal. may again, hopefully.:club:- Jordan
Maybe I can stir up a little hatred this way: Big 10 sucks!
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well snaps.i'm about to go on a road trip to florida...know what that means...fast food and pop.i freaking hate fast food (unless it's arby's...mm) but ive been trying to just get salads when i do hit up fast food........unless it's arbys...mm..anywho...i've had one can of pop in like that last 2.5 months...so need to stay away from that...but are there guidlines to eating? i know road trips are never good for ...being healthy.meh.- Jordanwhy do u say creatine sux? i likes.
Subway has some healthy subs for fast food. I really like Boston Market, it there is one around - good food, fast. Try to stick to water - forget the pop (you must be from the mid-west, we're the only ones I know that don't say 'soda'). Even on a road trip you can find good food fast (not burgers - yuck).
ohio actually...michigan...haha, we are now supposed to hate one another.I like michigan a lot...my family used to go to traverse city for vacations a good deal. may again, hopefully.:club:- Jordan
Traverse City is nice, but we don't go North too often. Since we're so close to lake Michigan already, we just go to Grand Haven.Ohio is a nice place ... to pass through on your way somewhere fun. (sw)Actually, Ohio has some great football players. And some of them are even smart enough to come play for UM. (sw)No really, we have some great friends that live in Ohio. And we always enjoyed Cedar Point. Wish you luck with the challenge.
8/1:  6 foot 1, 205 pounds.Goal:  6 foot 1, 205 pounds.
8/2: 202 pounds.Quit now, I win.
Now you are perfect. Don't loose anymore. I know first hand that you are sexy. Renae will agree.
I absolutely agree that Fryer is incredibly sexy.
Ty ty, ladies....get funky.

when i first saw this topic i got excited, bc im not nearly as good of a cardplayer as most people on here, but i am a collegiate runner, so i figured i'd do well in a fitness test. while not only spending way too much time reading about poker, i also spend too much time reading about running, including the science behind it, so i figured i could give out a couple of tips to those who want to lose weight.first off, one of the biggest ways to help lose weight is not only to limit what u eat, but also what u drink. now everyone here knows that cutting out the beer and soda from a diet is a good thing, but what most dont know is that even if u replace a beer with a fruit drink or something of that nature, u are still taking in calories that arent needed. from what i have read, if u were to replace any fruit drink with water, losing weight would be that much easier. just by doing a quick search, 1 serving of lemon lime gatorade would have about 77 calories in it. While the gatorade does taste good, these r 77 calories that can be cut out easily.one big thing that people dont often realize is that the time of day for working out is important too. for weightloss, the best time of day to workout is as soon as u wakeup. i wont go into any details, bc that would make this post very long, and i dont want to take up the space if people dont want to hear about it, but the jist of it is that if u workout before eating, your body will burn more fat, hence more weightloss. if anyone wants me to go into more detail about it, send me a pm or just let me know and i can post it for u.if anyone has anymore questions about workouts or anything related, or just needs some motivation, feel free to pm me or post about it. trust me, there have been plenty of times when i have woken up and just wanted to say "screw it, im gonna be lazy today." but its those days where u feel like that and make urself put on ur running shoes and get out that door or go to the gym that make all the difference in the world.

Hi everybody. I am grueling through exams so you must forgive me if my plans aren't as good. I just wrote my Eco.Tox final and headed to the gym.Breakfast: the usual, 2 eggs with cheddar cheese, 2 canadian back bacon, whole wheat toast with no sugar blueberry jam, one cup of green tea, one cup of oolong/ginseng tea, orange.That is probably around 500 calories.I woke up late so my lunch= dinnerDinner: Some sidekicks pasta, yes I am out of food. That was probably around 500 calories.Wrote a final for 2 hours, went to the gym.Did weights for 20 minutes concentrating on my ass, biceps, triceps and shoulders.Ran for 30 minutes.Then I got really really really hungry and had stomach pains so I decided to get some FOOD.I treated myself to a Strawberry Cheesecake Drumstick 280 calories, and now am eating instant noodles (300 calories). That is barely enough to tide me over, but if you are wondering why I am working out and eating at 1130 PM it is because I sleep around 5 AM. Wish me luck on exams!!

Good luck on exams babe! That's a good point about working out the morning socdave. Another tip for weight lifters is to remember to keep your sessions to approximately an hour. After that, your energy is going to deplete and you're not going to be doing yourself any good. Water water water, can't stress enough. If you're interested in only losing weight, circuit training is a good idea. Also remember the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn, even while sitting or sleeping.Excercise:Bis and tris todayFood Intake:Breakfast:English Muffin with 2 eggs cheese baconGlass of orange juiceIceee waaaaaaaaterrrrrrrrLunch:Turkey Club Protein ShakePS: if anyone is bored, super long post in my blog today.

If your interested.www.fitday.comThis is a site that allows you to track your calorie, fat , and carb intake for a day. It also has a bunch of diffrent features. Granted you have to enter a lot of the food data at first, but if you eat a lot of the same foods it's helpful. I might have to get in on this (although a little late) I need to seriously drop some lbs.Duff

Hi. Yesterday I ate my usual big ass 500 calorie breakfast, ran to the gym and back (40 minutes of cardio in excessive excessive heat), did a lot of butt exercises (squats on the machine with 90 lbs), lots of arms and legs, needless to say my muscles are killing me today.Ate 4 slices of Ristorante pizza, vegetables, green tea ice cream, orange, apple, veggie burger from 7 PM - 4 AM.Today I just woke up a few hours ago, ate the big ass breakfast and going to go study :club: Might do some cardio on the elliptical later.

I'm back everyone. Good news, turning stone was a success! Ended up being a vagina and playing 100 max 1/2, but there was so much on the table and so many fishes it didnt matter (i love the fishes cause they're soo delicious). Ended up playing 7 hours saturday, 5 hours sunday, up 800 after food and gas expenses. There was no 2/5 game (wtf? no one interested in 2/5?!) but there was a 200 max 1/2 game, but I didn't see the point. More details when I post it in the blog. Fitness wise, I sucked this weekend. Turning Stone buffett, taco bell, mcdonalds, puke. I got on the scale and I gained back the 2 pounds I had lost the week before. It's ok though, these things happen.Breakfast:everything bagel w/ cream cheeseLunch:pizza type thingwaterExcercise: 35 minutes interval cycling10 minutes intense rowing (yes, it was intense)

Since it just seems to be me and bdams19, this will be my last post unless things turn around. I just weighed in, and I'm down 1.4 lbs for the week.Height= 5' 10 1/2" Weight= 178.6 lbs Total Weight Loss Since 5/16 (12 Weeks) = 37 lbs Total Weight Loss Since 8/1 = 4.54 lbsFarewell :cry:

Weighed in today, down 4 pounds since we started. I've been eating like shit lately (attributed completely to getting blazed and midnight munchies). I haven't been updating cause my internet at work has been down due to a virus in the company, so they have been patching.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Got back from vacation, there I still ran for an hour every other day going from 165 bpm and 175 bpm heart rate intervals. I am still doing that now more frequently and obviously doing weights. Seriously though, I weigh a lot and don't think it will go down. BIG MUSCLE MASSSSS

The rowing machine is single handedly the most horrid piece of exercise equipment on the planet. I wrestled in HS and we dubbed it, "Satan's Canoe". However if you looking for a quick pace 2500 meters in 10 minutes is pretty standard bust your arse. 5000 for a good workout, 10K if your a maniac. Easily the best conditioning I've found, works all major muscle groups, and you know...it's not the bad if you've got some tuneage to rock out to. I gotta get me a new portable music device, I can't workout for some reason without one...mental block I guess. Anyways, good luck to y'all with your fitness goals.

8/1: 6 foot 1, 205 pounds.Goal: 6 foot 1, 205 pounds.
8/2: 202 pounds.Quit now, I win.
8/4: 204 lbs.None of you should care, because I won already.
8/29: 203 lbs.You ask, "How does fryer do this?"He answers, "Very, very carefully."