fitness challenge

Sounds good. I'll start with mine here, no camera yet, but ill just save the pics for beg/end comparison:H: 5'9''W: 170BF: 10%Goal: Lose 3 percent body fat while maintaining weight if possible by adding muscle. Otherwise, losing ten pounds is pretty much my goal.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

H: 6'0"W: 235Waist Line: 40HDL cholesterol(the good cholesterol): 38 last tested 2 weeks agoGoal: Primary Goal to get below 200 and still have a healthy HDL remaining above 35 (Preventing Anorxia .sp?)Secondary Goal get the waist line to wear 34 size pants loosely and comfortably :oops: Im confident I can reach my goal before the end of the year as long as im not in this alone Ill be ok :-)

Well, I'm off to a terrible start. My friend is coming home from a month long visit to China with his family (don't ask me, crazy roots things with those asians right Marion =P ), and we're throwing him a kegger. I'll get back on track tomorrow.

count me in. since i grad. high school ::2003:: i hardly ever do any physical activities other than sex. hehe2003 stats:h: 5-10w: 170-1752005 stats:h:5-11w:200 i really let go after i got my g/f..sucks. but i started to excersise myself a bit for 5 days already. now reading this is going to get me even more motivated. thanks to the OPmy goal is to lose 20 pounds atleast..but i would be really really really happy if i lost 30 poundsteneight

Yeah I f*cked up last night, went to a keggar than ate a bit. I also threw it all up so I don't know if it counts (the alcohol, not bulimia guys... liver is rebelling) . yesterday I did 45 minutes of cardio on the elliptical, 10 on the stationary bike and 20 minutes of weights concentrating on quads, triceps and biceps. Then I did 100 squats for my gluteus maximus. I just got home from a 45 minute run. So other than the keggar times, hopefully I will get hotter on this track.

Yeah I f*cked up last night, went to a keggar than ate a bit. I also threw it all up so I don't know if it counts (the alcohol, not bulimia guys... liver is rebelling) . yesterday I did 45 minutes of cardio on the elliptical, 10 on the stationary bike and 20 minutes of weights concentrating on quads, triceps and biceps. Then I did 100 squats for my gluteus maximus.  I just got home from a 45 minute run. So other than the keggar times, hopefully I will get hotter on this track.
cheaterrrrrrrr. we dont start until aug. 1st

Note to self: coupons for buy one get one free ultimate double whopper do not help you lose weight. Neither do a dozen beers. Well we start august first right, so I'm just trying to pad my results :club:

Im not gonna start tomorrow im gonna start today. I usually start my big plans on Sunday for some reason. Last night I ate my last non healthy meal, 2 double double cheeseburgers from in-n-out no fries no drink. SIGH alright lets do this.

I think we all need to weight in and post tomorrow - since (I think) we are officially starting on August 1. I go to workout tomorrow and get my weight and BMI done then. I will be posting tomorrow afternoon. My goal is to tone up and lower BMI - loosing a couple more pounds would be alright too.

I haven't decided on my diet yet. I'm thinking mostly protein, limit carbs (not really atkins but similar), 8-12 glasses of water a day (an absolute must), fruits and vegetables for snacking on.

I haven't decided on my diet yet. I'm thinking mostly protein, limit carbs (not really atkins but similar), 8-12 glasses of water a day (an absolute must), fruits and vegetables for snacking on.
I think the South Beach is really good. I know several people that I work with that it has worked for (myself included).
I think the South Beach is really good. I know several people that I work with that it has worked for (myself included).
Yeah I lost 12 pounds in two months, mostly water though; very hard to keep up long term!

You think South Beach is hard to keep up? I really like it. Can't stand wimpy bread anymore - has to be whole grain. I do miss potatoes though. If I want to eat 'white' food, I just have a small helping with lots of veggies. I love protein foods though, so that helps I guess. The main thing is to progress through the phases. I stay at phase 3 now, unless I've been real bad with desserts for a few days - then I cut back to phase 1 for a few days to get back down.

Height: 5' 10 1/2"Weight: 184.5Goal: To lose 9.5 lbs and reach my Weight Watcher's goal weight of 175 (I'm down 31.1 lbs since 5/16). Then I want to reduce my bf and increase muscle mass (not sure of the exact numbers yet).

Height: 5' 10 1/2"Weight: 184.5Goal: To lose 9.5 lbs and reach my Weight Watcher's goal weight of 175 (I'm down 31.1 lbs since 5/16). Then I want to reduce my bf and increase muscle mass (not sure of the exact numbers yet).
That's great! Keep up the good work. Hope everyone who participates is a 'winner' !

I have lost 30lbs in the last year. I did this by not dieting but by changing my diet. I basically eat vegetarian meals from whole foods and only allow meat dishes 1-2 times a week. I will also only eat out 4 times a month now. I feel so much healthier and I didn't diet.GL all.p.s. I pretty much eliminated blatant dairy like milk ice cream..etc too.

Agreed, an important thing to realize when you pick your diet is that you're going to have to be able to stick to it. If it's too strict, it's not going to work, so find a median. Obviously, things like eating lard out of a 5 gallon tub are still to be omitted from your diet.

Agreed, an important thing to realize when you pick your diet is that you're going to have to be able to stick to it.  If it's too strict, it's not going to work, so find a median. Obviously, things like  eating lard out of a 5 gallon tub are still to be omitted from your diet.
Actually, if you follow Atkins the lard would be a perfectly acceptable menu choice.I did atkins a year or so ago and dropped like 55lbs (down to 230) - started eating carbs again, yada yada yada, now I've hit 300+.I'll post my official stats tomorrow.Shaun

I have the worst f'n metabolism ever, so dieting alone wouldn't do anything for me 8)Maybe I'm coming into this kind of late but I'll hop on, on the condition that we have a drinking contest at the end.I haven't done super serious working out since I lost a pound a day for a month junior year. I'm 5'11"185ish. At my buffest I was around 175, I think I lost about 10 lbs of muscle and gained 20 of fat.

I have the worst f'n metabolism ever, so dieting alone wouldn't do anything for me 8)Maybe I'm coming into this kind of late but I'll hop on, on the condition that we have a drinking contest at the end.I haven't done super serious working out since I lost a pound a day for a month junior year.  I'm 5'11"185ish. At my buffest I was around 175, I think I lost about 10 lbs of muscle and gained 20 of fat.
As long as we can pick our own drink - mine's water :wink:

Well, today is the first day. I'm here at work pretty much bored out of my mind. I had a bagle with some cream cheese for breakfast and I'll be downing 32 oz cups of ice water all day. Did you know that ice water actually forces your body to burn more calories than room temp water?