when donks attack!!!!!!!!

well shiet like that happens, IN ANY GAME. I mean I dont think you cudve outplayed him, by raising, him calling, and then going on all in on the flop. Most likely hed chase the other jack.Here's something that might interest you. Its something josh arieh advised. He said when you have a decent amount of chips, but are sort of a short stack, and say you get 99 or 1010, something that called by ak or kq, cud be a coinflop, you bet half preflop. Then if the board isnt scary, you go all in on the flop. Its better than putting all your chips in preflop, then getting rivered, when you cudve made your opponent lay it down postflop.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well shiet like that happens, IN ANY GAME.  I mean I dont think you cudve outplayed him,  by raising, him calling, and then going on all in on the flop. Most likely hed chase the other jack.Here's something that might interest you. Its something josh arieh advised. He said when you have a decent amount of chips, but are sort of a short stack, and say you get 99 or 1010, something that called by ak or kq, cud be a coinflop, you bet half preflop. Then if the board isnt scary, you go all in on the flop.  Its better than putting all your chips in preflop, then getting rivered, when you cudve made your opponent lay it down postflop.
I do that often....and thought about doing it with this hand...but I really think that this guy would have called anyway...
Live MTT...middle stages....I got 7700 in chips....jagoff has about the same....Guy in early position raises to 1600 (Blinds are 200-400)...guy next to me (DONK) calls....it gets to me and I find  Q :club: Q :D  after a half hour of folding to being card dead..(He has to give me credit for a hand right?)...I MOVE IN....Early position guy goes into the tank for about 4 hours (it seemed that way) and folds.....guy next to me....calls in a shot....I am now resigned to losing to KK or AA......right?  Wrong...This idiot shows K :D J :D ....other guy chuckles and says that he laid down AKo...Flop comes AJ9...Turn...J...river...blank...I lose....the guy says..."Good game, I figured we had a coin flip...I was confident in my KJ."I smile and slink away to the bar......Here is where it gets interesting....he then went on to win by demolishing the final table with a series of preflop allins...where he defeated AA with AT, QQ with AJ, KK with QJ, and AT with K9.....In closing...Holdem is for idiots.
This is not a bad beat story, only because it was not a bad beat. I think of it as more of a bad call story. Sometimes a little gamble in No Limit pays off, as is so in this case.
well shiet like that happens, IN ANY GAME.  I mean I dont think you cudve outplayed him,  by raising, him calling, and then going on all in on the flop. Most likely hed chase the other jack.Here's something that might interest you. Its something josh arieh advised. He said when you have a decent amount of chips, but are sort of a short stack, and say you get 99 or 1010, something that called by ak or kq, cud be a coinflop, you bet half preflop. Then if the board isnt scary, you go all in on the flop.  Its better than putting all your chips in preflop, then getting rivered, when you cudve made your opponent lay it down postflop.
If you bet 1/2 and get called, now the pot is 3 times ur stack size on the flop. If the caller pushes on a suspect board, say 1 over card that isnt an A, it is very tempting to call hoping he missed and he's trying to push you off the pot. After he pushes you all in, you're getting atleast 4 to 1 on your remaining chips. And if you fold, your on a short stack and limit what you can do after this hand. I don't like putting myself in these positions.
When it's not whining and is posted as a joke for all forum members to laugh at the DONK or if you want...ME...Next time I'll add disclaimers.
Sorry, I didn't see it as a joke because it wasn't remotely funny. I'll try to read more into it next time.
Alf, you know he had a better pattern mapper than you did, upgrade yours you cheap censored
LOL....you see...now that is funny...........
Alf, you know he had a better pattern mapper than you did, upgrade yours you cheap censored
LOL....you see...now that is funny...........
oh yes, ha ha, since pattern mappers are so original :roll: