I was on www.recpoker.com the other day, and saw this post, which I found very clever. It's called "Stop and Go in the Dark" Here's the post:"As many of you know, I'm a little green in regards to my NL tourney play, andhave been studying and working on my style. Two moves that have impressed meare the "check in the dark" move and the "stop and go" move. So I thought, why not combine them? Here is a move which I have been using in home games to great success recently. I call it: "Stop and Go in the Dark". With a hand that plays well over 5 cards (small pockets, suited connectors, etc.) I like to limp from early position, and if the pot is raised I'll flat call. I'll also flat call from the blinds. If I am the first to act on the flop, I'll then announce "all-in in the dark" andjust stare stoically at the chips in the pot. More often than not my opponents put me on AA or KK and will play with that inmind on the flop. Here's where the beauty of the move is, because if an Ace or King flops they'll likely fold, but if not then they'll call and I'll oftenstill beat them. Has anyone else used this or a variant?"While this dosen't work for online poker (I wish some onlile sites could let the first person to act either check or bet dark, I still doubt this work work as well as this person says it does.

So is he going all-in (without seeing the flop) and then giving everyone else a chance to see if they make the nuts on the flop so that they call him and take all his chips? That sounds like the dumbest strategy I've ever heard of.

So is he going all-in (without seeing the flop) and then giving everyone else a chance to see if they make the nuts on the flop so that they call him and take all his chips? That sounds like the dumbest strategy I've ever heard of.
I doubt he, or anyone else would do this with more than one person (the raiser). If so, it's a bad move. Also, this would work much better in a tournament than a cash game. For an example of this say you have pocket 9's and the flop is 2-5-J. With this move, it would be hard for the raiser to call with a hand like K-J or A-J, unless they are certain you don't have Queens, Kings, or Aces. I admit this move has some problems, yet it can be pulled off under the right situation.
I doubt he, or anyone else would do this with more than one person (the raiser). If so, it's a bad move. Also, this would work much better in a tournament than a cash game. For an example of this say you have pocket 9's and the flop is 2-5-J. With this move, it would be hard for the raiser to call with a hand like K-J or A-J, unless they are certain you don't have Queens, Kings, or Aces. I admit this move has some problems, yet it can be pulled off under the right situation.
Let me take the situation you just gave and explain why its a bad idea. Suppose I had 55 and raised. You are the only caller and do this check in the dark all-in move. Flop is 2-5-J. I just made a set of 5's and ther's no doubt I'm calling you and in all likelyhood having you dominated. If I miss, then I fold. You are giving me a free chance to see if I can double up with very low risk.
Let me take the situation you just gave and explain why its a bad idea. Suppose I had 55 and raised. You are the only caller and do this check in the dark all-in move. Flop is 2-5-J. I just made a set of 5's and ther's no doubt I'm calling you and in all likelyhood having you dominated. If I miss, then I fold. You are giving me a free chance to see if I can double up with very low risk.
Like any move in poker, you are going to get caught. You hitting your set won't happen that often. I'm am sure you can come of with many situations, and hands where this play won't work, yet I can do the same. The point of this play (how I see it, I did not come up with this) is confuse the other player into thinking you have a big hand. Many times you will force the other player to lay down a better hand becuase they are not sure if it is the best hand. The only time when you will be called is when the other player flopped a huge hand. They must make a powerful hand to call the all-in. Even a semi-powerful hand (top pair on board, unless an ace) shrinks up when someone goes all-in dark.