i need some expert advice please

Ok, lately ive had horrible bad beats, I know id put this in the bad beat section but Im not writing it like that, its more of a "help me out because I want to know if what im doing is wrong" kinda thing.ok, at a home game tournement, with 5 people, the blinds are 10/20Ive got 2500 in chips roughly. The guy in the SB has about 2400, and the guy in the big blind has about 2700. Im right on the button. Its folded to me, and I look down at an 8-6 suited. I like playing these hands, so I call 10% of my stack with them. I callThe small blind calls, and the big blind raises 150. So I call the 150, which is less than 10% of my stack. The SB also calls. The flop comes down 8,9,10 Rainbowsmall blind checksBig blind checksI raise 500, (Ive got a pair of 8s, there are no flush draws, and it is a big raise, they would most likely fold because its a straight draw on the board) Well, so the small blind calls. and the big blind calls as well.I have a good feeling that im up ahead, someone might be on a straight draw, but certainly not have a 10,9,8 Anyhow, the turn comes down a 6 of hearts I think. one of the other cards might have been a heart, I dont remember. Anyway, nobody would be chasing that long.the small blind checks, the big blind checks. With quite a bit in the pot, I decide to raise another 500The small blind quickly folds. The big blind thinks about it for a while, and then decides to call.The river card is an ace. There is no flush possible, and I assume that he MUST have an ace. I know this kid usually raises only when hes got the goods. So I really thought I had him beat. After all, even if he had a pocket pair id have him beat unless he had a set, which I tohught was very unlikely. Anyhow, he bets out 500, and I think I have the best hand, but I didnt think it was inconceivable that he had something to beat me, so I just call.He flips over pocket aces, for a set. One of the kids at the table tells me that he folded an Ace. The kid cought a one outer on the river to cripple me.______________________________________________Some time later in the tournement, some reckless kid im up against decides to raise pre flop 100. 3 people call, And I look down at my hand, (Pocket aces) WOOOT!!! I re raise 200. I dont want anyone to catch, and I dont want to slow play them in this situation. All fold except the kid who raised first. He calls. The flop comes down 8,4,6, rainbow. Im last to act, which is of course much better. I know ive got the best hand, I KNOW Ive got this kid beat. He raises me 200, I dont want to mess around, I dont want to slow play it right here, and I don't want to give him any more free cards. I want to take this pot now. ALL IN. I announce. Shortly after me saying this, he fiddles around with his chips, roughly 200 chips more than me, enough to knock me out. He says " I call. He flips over a 6 2, for a pair of 6s with a 2 kicker. I stood up calmy and relaxed, knowing that I easily had him beat unless he got very very lucky. The turn was a 6, and the river was a two. He DETROYS my pocket aces. Oh man, well those were the highlights of my day today :club: Any advice is very much appreciated!To make matters worse, they critisized me for making a HORRIBLE play with 86 suited.

Guest XXEddie

The first handa) unless there was a typo the BB was 1% of ypur stack not 10B) check that turnc) It wasnt a 1 outer, the case A or a T or 9 woulda given him the win, so thats 7 plus the 3 4 7's for a splitIm not gonna comment the 2nd hand because thats nothing than a bad beat story, which coulda be avioded if you didnt make a pathetic excuse of a raise. That raise basically says "Im going to give my opponent the best chance to out draw me"

Ok, lately ive had horrible bad beats, I know id put this in the bad beat section but Im not writing it like that, its more of a "help me out because I want to know if what im doing is wrong" kinda thing.ok, at a home game tournement, with 5 people, the blinds are 10/20Ive got 2500 in chips roughly. The guy in the SB has about 2400, and the guy in the big blind has about 2700. Im right on the button. Its folded to me, and I look down at an 8-6 suited. I like playing these hands, so I call 10% of my stack with them. I callThe small blind calls, and the big blind raises 150. So I call the 150, which is less than 10% of my stack. The SB also calls. Why call a 150 raise when blinds are 10/20 with 8-6s? Implied odds?______________________________________________Some time later in the tournement, some reckless kid im up against decides to raise pre flop 100. 3 people call, And I look down at my hand, (Pocket aces) WOOOT!!! I re raise 200. I dont want anyone to catch, and I dont want to slow play them in this situation. All fold except the kid who raised first. He calls. The flop comes down 8,4,6, rainbow. Raise it more! 200 more when 4 people called a 100 raise. Raise to 600, and see if you get callers. You were slowplaying in this situation, despite saying you were notTo make matters worse, they critisized me for making a HORRIBLE play with 86 suited.

Strange thing this: I have never been outdrawn by an underdog hand! Never! It's a nice streak to be on. As a bonus, when I'm the underdog I outdraw the other player 58.3% of the time. I feel sorry for people that have their hands outdrawn on.

Strange thing this: I have never been outdrawn by an underdog hand! Never! It's a nice streak to be on. As a bonus, when I'm the underdog I outdraw the other player 58.3% of the time. I feel sorry for people that have their hands outdrawn on.
Same with me!Have you been reading my PT stats?