No reads on anybody. This was a very deep table... I had 53.44, Villain had 43.44, and the most of the rest of the table had between 25 and 40. The converter is really on the fritz for Partypoker NL, so I'll reconstruct it from the hand history.$.10/$.25 NL hold'emTJ Eckleburg (53.44) raises to $1.00 from UTG+1 with [Qh Qc]All fold to BB who calls .75Pot is $2.10.Flop... [Ac 8s 6c]Villain checks, TJ Eckleburg bets $3, Villain calls $3.Pot is $8.10Turn... [4s] Villain bets $5, Hero...I think calling sucks, folding kinda sucks, and raising could suck a whole lot but might not. I am thinking of a different way than the way I ended up playing it would have been much better than what I did. I want to see if anybody comes up with what I wish I'd done.Always appreciated.

The play on Party NL small is so bad I gnerally only call shit when I am SURE Im winning- which happens often enough. Actually, I generately never even call- I bet or raise. Given that you cannot be sure your winning because you dont have a solid read ont he player, I fold this hand.

The play on Party NL small is so bad I gnerally only call censored when I am SURE Im winning- which happens often enough.  Actually, I generately never even call- I bet or raise.  Given that you cannot be sure your winning because you dont have a solid read ont he player, I fold this hand.
In retrospect this probably would have been the best move... for lack of information if no other reason. But it's still not the play I was thinking of.

To be fair, I'm using information that y'all don't have to come up with this play.I raised the turn bet to 18 dollars, praying for a fold. He just called the 18 dollars (when I knew I had lost the hand). He pushed into me on the river of Ks, and I folded.

Did you show this down? In my experience at this level ($25 NL is about all I play), he called you with a weak Ace. There are alot of guys that will call, especially from the BB with even A2o hoping you have a pair and they will hit the ace. They often check the A on the flop to see if they believe you have them out kicked or if you missed/have an under pair. The other thing I've run into is the guy may also have a pp and thinks you missed the flop and his 88 is good. At this level, with an A on the flop your KK, QQ, etc is already dead 85+% of the time. Just my 2cents.

A4 perhaps? I'm folding here without a really good read.Were you considering checking the flop and raising the turn? In your opponent's mind, that move should be a lot scarier.

I raised the turn bet to 18 dollars, praying for a fold. He just called the 18 dollars (when I knew I had lost the hand). He pushed into me on the river of Ks, and I folded.
With no read, you should have folded. Blind aggression is the biggest money leak in NL hold'em.

For him to be betting into that kind of aggression would require him to have an incredibly strong read on you if he had less than an ace.Either that, or he's stupid.There's no point in getting involved in these speculative decisions at those tables in my opinion. This is party poker at the low limit no limit tables. Dont play it like you would against strong competitors. Queens are _the_ borderline hand. If the table is exceptionally loose and my stack is small, i may go all in - or raise enough that a pot sized bet after the flop will be my all in. If it's tight and my stack is large, i may just limp.After the ace flop, supposing i did decide to play it aggressively, i'd bet half the pot on the flop and fold to any sign of aggression following it supposing i was in position.