advantage/disadvantage of playin more than 1 sng

Just my thoughts, i'd love to hear more on this topic as well.
yeh it's really a topic that no one really touches down on, and want to soak up as much info there is on the subject.ftvsmilie5.gifI use Pokercharts, but they don't have a ITM% chart which is the only thing that sucks at that site, do you know of a free site that does this?

Come on peeps, I thought this was a poker forum! All you SnG players give some feedback.peeps.gifAs far as online play goes, I only play MTT and SNG's. My favorite site for SNG's is bodog. I normally play 3 with the same buy in at the same time (max that bodog allows). I like to stagger each, starting them all about 15-20 minutes apart, that way if i'm down to heads up or 3 way action, i can focus the majority of my play on that table while just playing top 10 hands or so on the other 2 going on. The major advantage is obviously it is more profitable and I also find my strategy to allow me to play more solid and tight.The disadvantage is clearly you do not pick up on the betting patterns and simple strategic things that you would by just sitting there solely focusing on a single table. I personally have built a nice bankroll from playing SNG's and MTT only. Something about cash games that just doesnt do it for me. Hope my opinions help.

i only play one at time, but then again, i never cared to try to put the effort into multitabling SNGs. i definitely don't think i'd do as well, either, as multitabling would force me to play the cards rather than the people.

Just my thoughts, i'd love to hear more on this topic as well.
yeh it's really a topic that no one really touches down on, and want to soak up as much info there is on the subject.ftvsmilie5.gifI use Pokercharts, but they don't have a ITM% chart which is the only thing that sucks at that site, do you know of a free site that does this?
No. I just use an Excel sheet that I made myself. Keeping your ITM % is very easy though. you could even just write down how many you played and where you placed.

Yes I play pretty much just like you, and dabble into cash games once in awhile. We always play them after a home game tourney is over and I do fairly well live, but I'm goin to have to learn it someday, since their styles are like a fork in the road.I would like to add that I usually just play Sng's until I make a decent profit and definately in the + range I would play a MTT here and there, and it would all depend on if my Sng's have been ITM.Tournamentplayers that win 2% of the tournament entered are great.

I actually am just returning to SNG play. I spent about a year only playing SNGs, but ventured away as I started to play live much more frequently. Playing live games so much I got back into the cash games online as well. They are very profitable but the variance can kill me sometimes. I returned to SNGs to earn a steady hourly wage rather than deal with the big swings of online cash games, and it has been working out well.I don't have the huge days online as much anymore, but I have a much more consistent income.

I honestly hate playing limit online...something about the monotony of sitting at my computer and seeing no end in sight that makes me play worse. S&G's, however, DO have an end and I do a lot better in tournaments than ring games, simply because of the competition. I grew up an athlete in HS and competition and "winning it all" always helped me to play better and actually care about what I was doing.With that said, I multitable S&G's at Party, staggering them 15 minutes apart. My ROI% is anywhere from 36% to 48%, reason being is that I only have 90 of them recorded, so they still jump up and down quite often. Of course, I'm playing 10+1's and 20+2's, so the competition is...amusing, to say the least. Higher limits of course dictate tougher competition, for the most part.I would say that multitabling S&G's is the way to go. If you're doing quite well managing one, then you can certainly stagger three at a time. Just play tight in the beginning rounds and optimal shorthanded play when it gets down to 4 or 5...works well for me. The end three handed play should never interfere with the subsequent tables' shorthanded play...when you're finishing the first one, the second one should be somewhere at level 3 or 4, and the third should be just beginning. Good luck.-M

I absolutely agree that SNG's can give you a nice steady income. If you're looking to make good money at a more sustainable rate this is definitely the way to go.You can make more at cash games, but variance can be a killer, especially in the early days where you confidence is much more fragile.Multi-tabling will probably depend on whether you have the screen size, and also the level you play at. As you move up the levels multi-ing becomes harder.But of course if you make ROI of 40% one tabling, and 30% two tabling then although your ROI is going down you're making more money.The thing to remember is that everyone has their own style. Some people are not suited to multi-tabling. My brother gets freaked when he plays two tables at the same time.......find your comfort zone.

I returned to SNGs to earn a steady hourly wage rather than deal with the big swings of online cash games, and it has been working out well.
I think that's the main reason why I don't play cash games is because I can't take the bad swings, especially right now since I got back from vegas and spent my whole bankroll on an wsop event and the rest to vegas. So right now my bankroll is pretty laughable cornlol7db.gif

I play between 4 and 8 sngs simultaneously. If you play at Party and play the 'tight early on' and 'maniac on the bubble' strategy it is very easy to multi-table them without much problem since all you end up doing in later stages is poooooooooshing. My ITM and roi definately decrease the more i play at once, but the increased $/hour more than makes up for it. Add in rakeback and you quickly see the advantages to multi-tabling sngs.

I used to play sngs for a majority of my online income but it became such a grind. Playing an hr or an hr and a half for minimal profit. I make the money in nearly 60% on sngs I play in but the third places barely pay enough. Multitabling is a must on these. This way you can place in one and not the other and still turn a profit or a minimal loss. I usually play these on the stars. I will start one sng and then when the blinds go up to 50-100 I will start another. And when the blinds go up to 50-100 on the new table I will start another. Repeat Repeat Repeat. This was the only way I could turn a decent profit in these.Another move I've done is start a 3 table sng then a 2 then a 1. Obviously the 3 table will take the longest. This is also a good method to multitable sngs.I always play the sngs at the same but in.