letter from howard lederer

This is such stunningly old news.Daniel's not a saint, he said some things he regrets. Annie's not a shy retiring violet, she'll get in your face in a heartbeat.Who cares?
Did you not read his post on rgp responding to the arguements between them. It was posted in this thread. He said explicitly he did not regret anything he said.
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest XXEddie
This is such stunningly old news.Daniel's not a saint, he said some things he regrets. Annie's not a shy retiring violet, she'll get in your face in a heartbeat.Who cares?
Yeah member the 04 WSOP and Annie was arguing with Brett Jungblud about pushing his cards into the muck.....

Im not defending Annie Duke here cuz i personally don't really care for her that much... BUT!! i think the reason she didnt do the all girl's tourney was because she opted to play probably her best game (Omaha Hi-Lo) instead.... coincidentally she also won a bracelet so its not like she needed to do that girl's thing. On another note... Negreanu is way tighter. He can say whatever he wants to her.... hes alot better.

So basically....this is a mini-RPG forum now.Actually, I think they may have a one-up on maturity there...Who cares about any of this?
No, it won't get like RGP, knock on wood. If it does we'll deal with it.

I don't know about the validity of the argument between Annie and Daniel, but I do know this. Seems like Annie gets a lot of camera time complaining about the ethics of poker, complaining about the amount of amatuers allowed in tournaments, complaining about this, complaining about that, etc. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this pattern, or maybe it is just me. Would love some input and I may have just been reading into the cameratime wrong.Linwood.

Maybe the old Daniel (which wouldn't surprise me). But I think for Daniel lastest article in Canadian poker player, in which he spends the entire time talking about being a likeable guy at the table, especially with the fish ( if he truely didn't think much of Annies game) he would give her respect. Aside from that, tell me anyone here has never gotten pissed at a regular player, just hated them... but still you want them in the game, you invite them out, just so you can bust them out! With that regardless of how he feels, I would hope as proffessional, he would maintain his game and play the player the best he can....

Guest XXEddie
If you'd like my take on the thread check out my new blog entry entitled The Past, Present, and the Future... and TILT.
I dont beleive you are allowed to use abbrv. in scrabble. "fe" should not have been allowed. lol
If you'd like my take on the thread check out my new blog entry entitled The Past, Present, and the Future... and TILT.
I dont beleive you are allowed to use abbrv. in scrabble. "fe" should not have been allowed. lol
lol, i was JUST about to say that. gotta call people when they try crap like that, but maybe you can let your fiancee slide. sometimes.
Guest XXEddie
lol, i was JUST about to say that. gotta call people when they try crap like that, but maybe you can let your fiancee slide. sometimes.
Yeah if it a friend id be like screw you man that doesnt count. But my fiance....*sign* alright you win, lol
Guest XXEddie
classy post by Daniel. Let's please drop this subject b/c it's definately not doing anything to help this forum out.
Incase you couldnt tell, it has been dropped. Me and max are just talking about scrabble
classy post by Daniel. Let's please drop this subject b/c it's definately not doing anything to help this forum out.
Incase you couldnt tell, it has been dropped. Me and max are just talking about scrabble
lol, anybody ever played monopoly with 20 bucks on the line? a couple of my roomates did it earlier and almost got into a fistfight.

What is it about monopoly that causes fist fights? I refuse to play with certain people after a few arguments nearly got out of control. Had money been on the line, I'm sure it would have gone too far.Oh, and I think this thread is dead.

now that all this old RGP dirt has been dug up, I figured it wise to change my picture (it used to be Howard), lest I get chastised for being a traitor. lol...long live daniel.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry all, I just couldn't help myself. Just wanted to say that I (and everyone) always remember the "firsts". First person who was rude to me, first person I hated, first girl I kissed, so on and so on. And in such, my feelings for each of these people are strongest for it was in that moment that those feelings were experienced the first time. I will always have a special place in my heart for my first love, or a special place of anger for my first enemy. I think, without a doubt, the first person who was mean to Daniel when he was a fledgling amateur in the states: was Ms. Annie Duke. When I read the way she treated him when he first met her, I understood everything completely. No one had said that yet, I just had to. Peace out.

Look everyone of you out there has a skelaton in the closet. I do and dont have a problem admitting it. We ALL have done things in the past we regret in different ways and thats life. And like Daniel said we learn from these and try to be better because of it. If it wasnt for the WPT and 2003 WSOP we wouldnt even be having this conversation but reality TV has made everyday people into star status. Whether Daniel said it or not you are hearing only one side of the story told by Howard who's side is is on? Let it go because it looks as if Daniel and Annie have. But you see with this twisted world we would rather talk about the negative we dont know about than look at the positive people have done. What about that girl that Daniel bought her plane ticket who was going to do a Tsuami relief effort. He told her he didnt need credit for this. Everyone has done bad in their life but it the good that comes out of it that counts.Just my 2 cents worth.