the most successful tournament player in history?

That count doesn't include online tournaments though.How much has the winningest online tourney player won? Several million is my guess.
Please click on the link above from the Hendon Mob Database genius. :roll: I would base it on number of major tourny wins, not money won. That would eliminate Greg Raymer as number 2, and probably put DN or Cloutier at number 1.
That count doesn't include online tournaments though.How much has the winningest online tourney player won? Several million is my guess.
no
You jealous freaks will stop at nothing to keep Fillmaff from getting his proper credit.
this may give you an idea about what they're talking about:http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/rank.php?a=r&n=1DN is at the top of the money list, and is therefore the most successful.
I feel you could probably make a reasonable argument for most of the players in the top 20, and many others farther down the list. It's worth noting that the prizes for winning now are very significantly higher than in the past. But it's also much more difficult to win. Also depends on if you feel the money is most important, or the victory. Opinions will differ on that. With that said, if anyone in the top 20 wins this year, they get my vote, unless they beat Dan Harrington at the final table. If he makes the final table again, then he get's my vote.
this may give you an idea about what they're talking about:http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/rank.php?a=r&n=1DN is at the top of the money list, and is therefore the most successful.
I feel you could probably make a reasonable argument for most of the players in the top 20, and many others farther down the list. It's worth noting that the prizes for winning now are very significantly higher than in the past. But it's also much more difficult to win. Also depends on if you feel the money is most important, or the victory. Opinions will differ on that. With that said, if anyone in the top 20 wins this year, they get my vote, unless they beat Dan Harrington at the final table. If he makes the final table again, then he get's my vote.
For the most part, I think the list is ok. Except for the fact that David williams is 8th, I think it's fairly accurate....fairly. David Williams finishes 2 spots above Harrington in 1 tourney and he's higher on this list, so it's definitely not the best list in the world, but it's definitely a claim to fame. And it shows the numbers of all that matters in tourney play....making money.

Other than money won, DN has to be on pace to surpass the other leaders in the category. No one can dispute Ungar's 10 wins out of 30 major tourneys, that's an amazing accomplishment. Cloutier probably has the most major wins of anyone, which also deserves great respect. Hellmuth's 9 NLHE WSOP bracelets is also an amazing accomplishment. The argument that any one of these players as well as several others is the best tournement player of all time could easily be made.