Daniel....How dare you play in the $3000 Limit tourny AND the $ 1000 No limit w/ ReBuys when their are people in Africa that can't play either...... I agree with you 100% Daniel. People will always find somthing to B**CH about. Good Luck in the Big One and don't ever censor yourself because of what people might think.Alex

I actually enjoy reading Daniel's Journal and have to agree 100% that it is his Journal and as such he is entitled to write about anything he wishes.Obviously I do not agree with everything he says and will sometimes make comment whne he writes something with which I disagree (like how wonderful the Harrah's floor people are).However I would say that Daniel realises that if I or anyone else disagrees with him it is merely that - a simple disagreement that will generate discussion and that's what Blog's are for.If I had to make a single critical comment, however, then it would be that Daniel being Daniel does have to assume a modicum of responsibility when he writes about some things as he is an icon/celebrity of poker and as such needs to be careful at times. The one thing that I have to date read him write about was an evening when he went out partying with friends yet in the same paragraph talked about driving home the next morning.Drink driving is a pet hate of mine (and NO I am NOT accusing Daniel of being a drunk or drunk driver) but present this as an example of how at times you have to be careful about what you write as people being people will often read between the lines and draw right or wrong conclusions.

You just can't please everyone. The trick is to not care if you please the people or not. "You no likey the post, then you no ready the blog!" You should always be able to speak your mind in life. Personally, I never want to be in a situation or position where I couldn't "tell it like it is." And never forget, winning an argument on the internet is like being valedictorian in summer school. 8) --IceNine[FTP]

Harry, let me start by saying that I like you and generally think your posts are insightful and I really wish more full-time Professionals would post on this site, as so many people read these posts. Anyways as far as what you said about Daniel's drinking and driving, I think your statement is a little far-fetched. First of all I do remember reading a blog, I’m not sure how long ag0 it was but Daniel did say that he slept in his car for a while at the bar because he was too intoxicated to drive. But being a 23 year old let me tell you some alternative that he could utilize instead of driving under the influence:A) Have a friend or (designated driver take him home)B) Get a Limo, the guy has the cash.C) Cabs are all over Vegas.Of course there is also the possibility that he had only 2 or 3 drinks and was fine to drive home. I know that these are obvious, which is why I don’t understand that you would jump to conclusions so quickly. From what I have read of his blog, Daniel seems to be quite responsible and I see no reason why he would drink and drive considering all of the other options. I’m a little surprised that you would made this post....

Big Fish,Why don't you read Harry's post again - especially the part that I bolded. I think that applies to your response to him.

Drink driving is a pet hate of mine (and NO I am NOT accusing Daniel of being a drunk or drunk driver) but present this as an example of how at times you have to be careful about what you write as people being people will often read between the lines and draw right or wrong conclusions.

Hey Daniel, Don't stress bro. Just be yourself, that's what makes you awsome. If you said and did what everyone wanted you to, who would you be.... Not the Daniel we know. I think that's what makes it fun to read your articles, your very real and people can relate on a certain level. Anyway, Good luck in your WSOP tourneys. Don't listen to the hype. Everyone is easy to critisize when your down, but they'll be quick to jump on the Band Wagon when you come around. lol. Late. - Alex

OK Let's give a different example of what I am trying to say.This journal is Condoleeza Rice's (and I choose this name deliberately because I do not particualrly like this women).She also happens to be (say) the surgeon general or chief medical officer of the current administration. (and yes I do know she is not in this post).She then writes in her journal that she went out partying and had a few drinks and then moved on with friends to a nightclub and had a lot more drinks with friends along with a couple of joints and then decided at 8-00 am it was time to drive home (Absolutely no mention of whether she or another designated driver was doing the driving)Because of her position I am saying that although she is entitled to do all these things, she has a responsibility to be extra careful about what she writes in her journal as excessive drinking and taking drugs and smoking are thigs that the Surgeon General is responsible for trying to discourage in the population.Daniel is in many respects in a similar position. He has many fans and followers who look up to him and as such I used an old journal entry of his to give an example of how he has to be careful at times about what he says. I am not accusing him of doing anything wrong or of being a drunk merely pointing out that those reading will often think that if he writes about beating up a homeless person on his way home because he had a bad day at the WSOP then they too may think it's OK to copy his actions.

When a spotlight personality pens a blog - he/she's opening parts of their private lives to public viewing. This can be great stuff on both sides - the personality gets closer to the fans, and the fans get to peer in to see how their mind works and what type of person they are. In this case, I believe that high-profile poker bloggers also generally improve the image of poker. A comment on drinking/partying is no big deal - but being careful about how a sentence is structured in order to avoid inferring that there was drinking and driving is, unfortunately, necessary. A blog by a high-profile person can't totally be just a conversation with your friends, as easy as that would be. On another topic, it's ridiculous for anyone to say something as stupid as "the money you spent on clothes could have gone to africa." This applies to EVERYONE - whomever posted those types of comments, I ask you - How much have you given? Do you eat out? Do you buy used clothes? How far do you go? Any charity is great charity - from a call by Luske to Charlie (the recent goings-ons), Barry Greenstein's tournament winning donations, or helping a homeless guy with some cash. These types of comments are typical of what is seen in the blogger comments' world: people who feel so bad about their own failures that they need to bring down successful people.

cut dan the man a break. why not get yourself something after earning it? this guy tours non-stop and is busy every minute while not touring. those louis shoes are a personal reward and prospective goodluck/vibes. hell, being in vegas for a few WSOP events, i went to louis to get the same shoes! the DKNY, Lauren, Guess, etc... is all you Dan. Emporio yes... Cavelli may be more Chan but, get in that store ; )well, i enjoy the off the beaten path blogs... dan, when growing up, didnt you just NEED to know Gretzkys toothpaste of choice, Sittlers favorite restaurant, etc...? i took your "shopping spree" blug as a sign of your "human being". just a good, fun, clean entry. in fact, i look forward to more insights into you - as a person. Lord knows i give up enough money to get your insights on felt ; )in conclusion... all the pro's have been super friendly at the RIO and about town. while walking to my car outside of the convention center at RIO, i bumped into Dan and Chao. im certain they were talking shop but, did not hesitate to stop, chat and allow for a couple of pictures to be snapped. we're all human..., lets respect each other and not hurt each other. dan, when ready to "move" the sc430, let us know and do it on ebay. ill be the one who gets it with the "autographed" headrests option. best of luck in the main event! see you at the wynn!

Daniel,I agree a journal in a sense is just a means to let go and express what you’re a feeling, at no way should it ever be for others to feel the need to criticize you or comment on what you wrote. For example if you had a journal that you kept under your bed no one else would see it and it would be all yours, but yet there is something liberating about being able to share your thoughts with the public, just hoping that that there might be one chance that someone out there might understand you and know what you are feeling, but still the same not feel the need to comment on it, I only wish I had that chance myself to express my problems and views to all. Now I know I am contradicting myself by commenting on your journal post but notice it is my first and probably my last, I just wish people could give you more the freedom to express your feelings and that you would not have to worry about hearing about it, so keep it coming and I hope in the future you will have more luck with it…

Personally, I think Daniel makes a mistake responding to the negative things he reads about himself. People who wait for a blog entry only so that they can criticize are not worth paying attention to. I think it just gives them what they want when you react. I would ignore people who clearly are only happy when they can drag others down.

This may just be a repeat but i don't have time to read all the replies. To keep it short. Beacuse of his abilities to play poker, DN has had opportunities that I will most likely never see. That's what draws me to his blog everytime I get a chance. I think it's amazing to read about the way he spends his time playing poker, spending money, and dealing with becoming a celebrity. Unless the Marine Corps starts giving multi-million dollar bonuses for dropping bombs on terrorists I won't ever have to worry about dealing with fans seeking autographs or many of the other problems DN writes about. He has the right to complain about anything he wants so give the guy a break. He's not attempting to write some critically acclaimed book on his opinions so give up all the ridiculous hate mail.... keep it up daniel...