My poker bankroll is pretty big, a lot lot lot bigger than it should be for the current stakes I play, I guess this is actually a stupid question :Say I am playing on a poker site and I put in like $200 into that site. Should I play 1/2 with this amount? Ok here is my take, my bankroll is greater than $600 so if I lose this I am not gonna go bust and I can just keep playing. However say if I put in $600, there is no chance of losing it and therefore I Couldn't take any morale defeats (oh no I blown all my money on poker.... ahhhh).So I guess, is it sound strategy to just put $200 into a site to play at $1/$2 tables and even $2/$4 tables.I have never found myself at the end of losing this deposit, but I am guessing that it is possible to lose it all and I would feel really bad putting more money in.What do you think?

Wait what? Exactly what is your bankroll and what are these low stakes that you stoop yourself to play?Anyone will tell you that playing 1/2 with a BR of 200 is a bad idea. Just because you won't lose your entire roll if you lose this amount does not make it good logic. You're going to use another 200 anyway if you lose your current amount so don't pussyfoot around and use all of it.

It mostly depends on how you think it would affect you mentally. If losing it isn't a problem, then go ahead and use the 100BB. The fact that you don't have the entire roll on the one site doesn't matter. You have to be willing to admit when you need to add more money to the site to play properly, and not play scared because you're down to 50BB of the 100BB you started with.It's mathematically silly to say you have to have a full 300BB on every site you play. As long as you are willing to redistribute funds as necessary it doens't matter as long as you have enough on the site to play properly. I prefer 150BB because I play 3-4 tables at a time and want at least 6X my standard 25BB buyin for the limit I play.Zara

My poker bankroll is pretty big, Say I am playing on a poker site and I put in like $200 into that site. Should I play 1/2 with this amount? What do you think?
Wait a minute. Bankroll big? Playing 1/2?What do I think?I think you're an idiot..

my bankroll is about $7000. I am playing $1/$2 right now. I am still learning so that is why I am not moving up. Just getting used to things. I have played since November last year, so around 8 months or something.Anyways. I play 1/2 and 2/4 with this roll. The reason I don't use my whole roll is the cost involved in transactions.....Just wondering if this is good idea, but is it good enough to outweigh the fact that I Could lost the whole $200. To be honest I think there are lots of things that stop you from losing this money. I start with 50 on 4 tables usually. Then once I have finished a session I can usually play up to 8 tables or choose to move up the levels. Obviously this may not happen for everyone. But right now my game at 1/2 is good. My average over 10k hands for Party is 5BB / 100 for shorthand and 15BB / 100 for longhand.Anyways, Just wondering whether it is a good idea to move up in limits. I find that I guess I am scared to move up. Anyway, back to original question :Is it good to go into a poker room with around 100 big bets, due to transaction costs etc?

Your bankroll is $7000 and you are playing $1 $2 limit? Really? Really? Seriously?Scared money never winsTake your panties off and move up.If you built your bankroll up that much playing $1 $2, I think maybe you can grow a pair and try the $3 $6 game. Either that or start working the canasta game at the old folks home.

Your bankroll is $7000 and you are playing $1 $2 limit? Really? Really? Seriously?Scared money never winsTake your panties off and move up.If you built your bankroll up that much playing $1 $2, I think maybe you can grow a pair and try the $3 $6 game. Either that or start working the canasta game at the old folks home.
(sw)Someone's bound to take him seriously...

I play for rent money, for car insurance, for girlfriend, etc etc....I can't take ANY risks in terms of losing bankroll... I play a pretty solid game, and i take lots of risks playing. But this is only because I know that I can beat this game every session, every day, every week. I am slowly moving up, but this isn't to do with the question that I asked......

I play for rent money, for car insurance, for girlfriend, etc etc....I can't take ANY risks in terms of losing bankroll...  I play a pretty solid game, and i take lots of risks playing. But this is only because I know that I can beat this game every session, every day, every week. I am slowly moving up, but this isn't to do with the question that I asked......
Sounds to me like you have your "poker bankroll" and your "life savings" confused as one. They are 2 seperate things. Maybe it's just me, but your post is a little confusing.A poker bankroll has to be just that, for poker only. And it has to be an amount you are comfortable losing and still be able to pay your bills and living expenses. If $7000 is actually your bankroll that you have built and you need it for bills, PAY your bills with it and start over again with a small amount like...Say you deposit $200.00 to play poker with. $200 is your Bankroll. Try not to see this money as cash(bill money). Work with that 200 till a) you build it up to be comfortable at the next level B) you build your skill enough to be comfortable at the next level.I know this is done, but i would hope that noone uses their savings to play poker with.And another thing that has me confused is the fact that its costing you money to transfer monies. I am a small time player still learning myself, but I havent had to pay any fees using Neteller.Good Luck
...  I play a pretty solid game, and i take lots of risks playing. ...
i am not exactly sure what this means, but, based on your comments it sounds like ur an idiot. You say that you KNOW you can beat the game every session, every day. That is just a riodiculous statement. Frankly, I don't beleive anything you've said.
My average over 10k hands for Party is 5BB / 100 for shorthand and 15BB / 100 for longhand.
If this is for limit then both winrates are high though the 5BB/100 when shorthanded may be sustainable but the 15BB/100 is in no way sustainable.As for the transfer fees, get Neteller, it links directly to your bank account and there are NO fees for you at allZara
...  I play a pretty solid game, and i take lots of risks playing. ...
i am not exactly sure what this means, but, based on your comments it sounds like ur an idiot. You say that you KNOW you can beat the game every session, every day. That is just a riodiculous statement. Frankly, I don't beleive anything you've said.
I play at a weak / tight game, it is very easy to beat this game every day. I don't think I had an unprofitable day the whole of last month. I also play at Party where they are loose and call down and I can see a certain degree of variance, but when you play a Selective Tight Aggressive game here, and a loose aggressive game at a weak / tight game I really don't see how you can lose money....