way to go canada

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happily our constitution does not include the right to bear arms, so we can make an educated decision about guns, instead of imposing a badly outdated concept in the 21st century.But Ill agree with the 'Go Canada'! concept. :DDev

Now if you would just allow gun rights you would be ok.
Somewhere around 25% of Canadian households own at least one firearm. I could buy a gun if I felt so inclined; that I do not is a matter of preference, not rights. Seems to me we're already OK.So far as gay marriage goes, I'm kinda surprised it took as long as it did to get the bill passed. Glad it's finally done, but I don't like the various "social conservative" lobby groups that have sprung up, backed by US cash. Inevitable that US groups would try to export their ideology, I suppose, but I don't see how any real good can come of it.
Somewhere around 25% of Canadian households own at least one firearm. I could buy a gun if I felt so inclined; that I do not is a matter of preference, not rights. Seems to me we're already OK.
Tell me where you got that ridiculous stat that 1 in 4 families own a gun in Canada. Maybe in hickville towns up north for hunting purposes, but give me a break.
There are gun rights.You have the right to leave your gun at home before crossing the border into a peaceful nation.We have the right to not worry about being shot by any halfwit who picked up a glock at Walmart.
Right! We only have to worry about a halfwit who bought an illegal gun on the black market. Just ask the three people who have been shot in my small town since January...Sorry ask one, two were killed.
It was bound to happen considering Toronto is officially the gayest city in the world.
Sorry, San Francisco is the undisputed champ as far as that goes; if you aren't close minded, try hanging out in the Castro district for a day/night. Truly interesting/crazy experience.Heh, for that matter, West Hollywood isn't exactly over-filling with heterosexuals either.Patrick

I still don't believe it what they say. I know about 3 households that own a gun, 2 are rifles for hunting the 3rd is a cop.Maybe I just live in a "safe town".

It's a different story out west, where all us wild frontiersmen (frontierspeople?) gots us rifles fer shootin' a variety of critters, claim jumpers, n' four-flushers.

I know SF is always known for it, but T.O. passed them about 2 years ago, it was everywhere here.
Now that you mention it, I think I do remember hearing something about that. SF is a relatively small city so that doesn't surprise me...Now, if they were going by most per square mile, SF would probably still have it. Didn't SF lose that lead when the 49ers released Jeff Garcia? :-) (actually, in all seriousness, Jeff gets so much a.ss it's amazing...everyone thinks he is gay, he's ugly as sin, but the guy is with a different hot girl every time I saw him out and about in San Jose. )Patrick
http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...esex050628.htmlNow if you would just allow gun rights you would be ok. :canadarocks:
There are gun rights.You have the right to leave your gun at home before crossing the border into a peaceful nation.We have the right to not worry about being shot by any halfwit who picked up a glock at Walmart.
Cant' buy a Glock at Walmart jackas$, but I can buy the amo to shoot you with!
Guest Anonymous
http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...esex050628.htmlNow if you would just allow gun rights you would be ok. :canadarocks:
Spoken like a true american. Go ahead, blame tv for your attitude, or your parents.
Guest Anonymous
Right! We only have to worry about a halfwit who bought an illegal gun on the black market. Just ask the three people who have been shot in my small town since January...Sorry ask one, two were killed.
Maybe you, and everyone in your family, should each own and regularly carry a handgun, in order to protect yourselves. That won't exponentially increase the nature of the problem.
http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...aths050628.htmlYeah like we really need the right to bear arms, things are getting better up here.
Interesting from the artical you site...But even as Canada's rate of gun homicide shrank (to 0.4 per 100,000 population in 2002 from 0.8 in 1979), handguns moved into a dominant role. Handguns accounted for two-thirds of gun homicides in 2002, up from about half in the 1990s, the agency says. hmmm
Spoken like a true american. Go ahead, blame tv for your attitude, or your parents.
Wow that made no sense at all!!!
Tell me where you got that ridiculous stat that 1 in 4 families own a gun in Canada. Maybe in hickville towns up north for hunting purposes, but give me a break.
Actually its 26% city boy.http://www.guncontrol.ca/Content/TheCaseForGunControl.html
Actually... the 1 in 4, or 26%, is achieved by taking the population (30 mil) divided by the total number of firearms (7.4 mill). So it is a very slanted statistic to suggest 1 in 4 households have a gun. Many here in Alberta own way more than one gun.Thus, just try and take our oil, Ottawa!!!!
Somewhere around 25% of Canadian households own at least one firearm. I could buy a gun if I felt so inclined; that I do not is a matter of preference, not rights. Seems to me we're already OK.
Statistics Canada. The rate is much higher in rural areas and much lower in urban areas, as you might expect. Of course, that's from anonymous surveys. From the gun registry, about 15% of households own at least one firearm. So 1 in 7ish instead of 1 in 4.

I really didn't want to make this a thread about gun control. I just threw that line in as a joke.I really meant to congratulate Canada for their stand on peoples rights.