phil ivey on verge of wsop bracelet....

Williamson is the best American PLO player if you don't count Chau Giang. I think Phil has his hands full, but can probably beat him, especially with that type of chip lead. Should be fun to watch.
Lyle Berman or Chip Reese are the best american omaha players. sam farha is probably the best omaha player
Sam Farha has a reputation as a good "shorthanded" omaha player and Berman's best game is 2-7 Lowball...Reese's best game is considered all the 7 Stud variations....
yes, chip reese is a stud legend, but he is alslo regarded as one of the best omaha players out there
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Date / Time: 2005-06-28 19:49:00 Title: Update Log: Hand 115 - Ivey has the button in seat 6, and everybody limps. The flop comes 10d-9s-2d, Ivey bets $25,000, and the other players fold. Ivey shows J-J-J as he collects the pot. Ivey plays with 3 cards! This explains why he is so good!
That would be a bad thing in omaha. Who says you gotta show all 4 cards when you want to show cards anyway.
Williamson is the best American PLO player if you don't count Chau Giang. I think Phil has his hands full, but can probably beat him, especially with that type of chip lead. Should be fun to watch.
Lyle Berman or Chip Reese are the best american omaha players. sam farha is probably the best omaha player
Sam Farha has a reputation as a good "shorthanded" omaha player and Berman's best game is 2-7 Lowball...Reese's best game is considered all the 7 Stud variations....
farha has an omaha bracelet. and many of the pros, not just barry greenstein will say that he is the best omaha player, shorthanded or full table.
todd brunson is a good'n too. he just took down the bracelet.
doesnt doyle say lyle is best PLO player in SS2?
You think Doyle is going to say, "Well, Lyle is the third or fourth best PLO player in the game, but we couldn't get the others to write for us, so we got Lyle. O well." ?
doesnt doyle say lyle is best PLO player in SS2?
You think Doyle is going to say, "Well, Lyle is the third or fourth best PLO player in the game, but we couldn't get the others to write for us, so we got Lyle. O well." ?
LOL

Ivey has retaken the lead!!Date / Time: 2005-06-28 21:49:00 Title: Updated Chip Counts Log: Tournament Director Johnny Grooms announces the following chip counts: 1. Phil Ivey - $655,000 (seat 6) 2. Davood Mehrmand - $630,000 (seat 4) 3. Robert Williamson III - $523,000 (seat 2)

Ivey has retaken the lead!!Date / Time: 2005-06-28 21:49:00 Title: Updated Chip Counts Log: Tournament Director Johnny Grooms announces the following chip counts: 1. Phil Ivey - $655,000 (seat 6) 2. Davood Mehrmand - $630,000 (seat 4) 3. Robert Williamson III - $523,000 (seat 2)
I think Williamson is going to take this bracelet down. I LOVE Ivey, he is my 2nd favorite player behind Hellmuth.. I just have a feeling that Williamson is gunna catch him being super-aggressive with the second best hand just like he caught Hellmuth with the 2nd best hand. Cardplayer just reported him taking off $100,000 of the other guy with aces full... he got him to call $80,000 on the river with two aces and two kings out there. This is his night.

Date / Time: 2005-06-28 22:17:00 Title: Update Log: Hand 169 - Ivey has the button in seat 6, he raises to $37,000, winning the blinds. Hand 170 - Williamson has the button in seat 2, Mehrmand limps, and Ivey checks. The flop comes Ac-Qc-7c, and both players check. The turn card is the 8c, and they check again. The river card is the Jc, and they check again. Mehrmand shows J-7 (two pair), but Ivey shows A-Q (higher two pair) to win the pot. Hand 171 - Mehrmand has the button in seat 4, and everybody limps. The flop comes Qs-10h-8c, Williamson bets $20,000, Mehrmand calls, and Ivey calls. The turn card is the 9s, and everyone checks. The river card is the 6c, and everyone checks again. Williamson shows J-7 (jack-high straight) to win the pot. Robert Williamson III has taken over the chip lead.

they are all running close in chips. I'd still rate ivey to take this down. he is excellent at PLO, remember, his first bracelet was in PLO

Date / Time: 2005-06-28 22:17:00 Title: Update Log: Hand 169 - Ivey has the button in seat 6, he raises to $37,000, winning the blinds. Hand 170 - Williamson has the button in seat 2, Mehrmand limps, and Ivey checks. The flop comes Ac-Qc-7c, and both players check. The turn card is the 8c, and they check again. The river card is the Jc, and they check again. Mehrmand shows J-7 (two pair), but Ivey shows A-Q (higher two pair) to win the pot. Hand 171 - Mehrmand has the button in seat 4, and everybody limps. The flop comes Qs-10h-8c, Williamson bets $20,000, Mehrmand calls, and Ivey calls. The turn card is the 9s, and everyone checks. The river card is the 6c, and everyone checks again. Williamson shows J-7 (jack-high straight) to win the pot. Robert Williamson III has taken over the chip lead.
HUZZAH!
Date / Time: 2005-06-28 22:17:00  Title: Update  Log: Hand 169 - Ivey has the button in seat 6, he raises to $37,000, winning the blinds.  Hand 170 - Williamson has the button in seat 2, Mehrmand limps, and Ivey checks. The flop comes Ac-Qc-7c, and both players check. The turn card is the 8c, and they check again. The river card is the Jc, and they check again. Mehrmand shows J-7 (two pair), but Ivey shows A-Q (higher two pair) to win the pot.  Hand 171 - Mehrmand has the button in seat 4, and everybody limps. The flop comes Qs-10h-8c, Williamson bets $20,000, Mehrmand calls, and Ivey calls. The turn card is the 9s, and everyone checks. The river card is the 6c, and everyone checks again. Williamson shows J-7 (jack-high straight) to win the pot.  Robert Williamson III has taken over the chip lead.
Well well well looks like my post was a nice little precursor to the lead changing. I didn't see the update before I posted, genuinely think he's gunna win.

Date / Time: 2005-06-28 22:45:00 Title: Updated Chip Counts Log: Here are the official chip counts from the break: 1. Robert Williamson III - $683,000 (seat 2) 2. Davood Mehrmand - $636,000 (seat 4) 3. Phil Ivey - $500,000 (seat 6) This seat 4 guy won't die.Go poker being played.....($6,000-$12,000) blinds

Date / Time: 2005-06-28 22:45:00  Title: Updated Chip Counts  Log: Here are the official chip counts from the break:  1.  Robert Williamson III - $683,000 (seat 2)    2.  Davood Mehrmand - $636,000 (seat 4)    3.  Phil Ivey - $500,000 (seat 6)    This seat 4 guy won't die.Go poker being played.....($6,000-$12,000) blinds
there's alot of room for good play, man, this will be some great tv

Date / Time: 2005-06-28 23:12:00 Title: A Rare Bet on the River in a Big Pot Log: Hand 198 - Mehrmand has the button in seat 4, Ivey limps, and Williamson checks. The flop comes 5d-2d-2c, Ivey bets $20,000, and Williamson calls. The turn card is the 4d, Ivey bets $55,000, and Williamson calls. The river card is the Ks, Ivey bets $150,000, and Williamson folds. This is strange...Do you think that Ivey had 6d3d and was hoping that Williamson had an Ace high Flush? It sure looks that way.I don't think if Ivey had a Ad3d or any Ace high flush that he bets the pot on the river....Very Interesting hand....Williamson had to call the turn bet with a made flush right?Very Interesting.

This is strange...Do you think that Ivey had 6d3d and was hoping that Williamson had an Ace high Flush?   It sure looks that way.I don't think if Ivey had a Ad3d or any Ace high flush that he bets the pot on the river....Very Interesting hand....Williamson had to call the turn bet with a made flush right?Very Interesting.
looks more like phil is protecting his hand. if he had a straight flush, he would've bet less so that he could get robert to go over the top of him. I think he might've been protecting a lower flush, or he was making an overbet with trips to make it look like he had a full house so that robert would lay down a non nut flush
This is strange...Do you think that Ivey had 6d3d and was hoping that Williamson had an Ace high Flush?   It sure looks that way.I don't think if Ivey had a Ad3d or any Ace high flush that he bets the pot on the river....Very Interesting hand....Williamson had to call the turn bet with a made flush right?Very Interesting.
looks more like phil is protecting his hand. if he had a straight flush, he would've bet less so that he could get robert to go over the top of him. I think he might've been protecting a lower flush, or he was making an overbet with trips to make it look like he had a full house so that robert would lay down a non nut flush
Full house is very possible....The key is what was Williamson calling with on the turn? If he called with a straight..he made a cardinal sin in PLO tournaments with that board.

Date / Time: 2005-06-28 23:36:00 Title: Updated Chip Counts Log: Tournament Director Johnny Grooms announces the following chip counts: 1. Davood Mehrmand - $667,000 (seat 4) 2. Phil Ivey - $750,000 (seat 6) 3. Robert Williamson III - $390,000 (seat 2) WILLIAMSON IS BLEEDING TO DEATH.

if you want a lesson in playing the end game, read the hand logs on cardplayer.  ivey is putting on a show.  push.  push.  push.
Yep....I agree.....The only other performance that was more impressive was Seidel's final table win at this year's WSOP....

imagine if....1. ivey won this 2. the whole event uneditted was on espn3. playing PLO online would be unbearable, every player raising every hand for hours on end because "thats what phil ivey does!"heh