fcp logo contest winner...

Looks like it is a 'professional' design company:http://chadcon.com/design.htmThe (905) area code being Toronto seems logical that this is the same chadwick... but I could be wrong.
I would only assume that he got in it then for teh $2,000 wich is kindof a shame... since I know almost EVERYONE else who entered would have taken then las vegas trip in a heartbeat :cry:
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it is a 'professional' design company:http://chadcon.com/design.htmThe (905) area code being Toronto seems logical that this is the same chadwick... but I could be wrong.
Hmmm. i was on that site a while ago.. i forget why.a poster had mentioned them, or that they worked for them.Usually the most obvious answer. is the correct one
Hmmm. i was on that site a while ago.. i forget why.a poster had mentioned them, or that they worked for them.Usually the most obvious answer. is the correct one
i remeber that argument about epenis
i remeber that argument about epenis
yaaa i think it wa sthe same oneJust wanted to say congrats to the finalists. I've seen all your logos posted here and there's some amazing talent. Good luck!Chadwick
Doesn't really matter if it is... I'm a so called "professional" -- been in the design/marketing industry for over 10 years. I am also a DN fan, and a forum member as well. It was an open contest, so it wouldn't really matter if this team chadwick was a design company, as long as DN liked what they did, I suppose. Just my $.02

and the plot thickens..........Oh and one other thing about the Business Team's choices.....Jason Bo-Top 5 Finalist!!!!!Say what???? C'mon...was that the runner-up????Still if Daniel wanted a professional to do the logo, he could have justpaid for it and not had the contest...

Doesn't really matter if it is... I'm a so called "professional" -- been in the design/marketing industry for over 10 years. I am also a DN fan, and a forum member as well. It was an open contest, so it wouldn't really matter if this team chadwick was a design company, as long as DN liked what they did, I suppose. Just my $.02
Yeah, I know now it was an open contest, I just really think it stinks that an outsider swooped in who does this for a living and now a FCPer won't get the chance to go to vegas :cry:Oh well, im done with my bitching for the night. I'm just upset I didn't win... im sure EVERYONE who made it to the final 9 is upset they didnt make it... it just sucks MORE when you know some f*ckass pro who had never even been to this site before came in and... yadda yadda.I still think us runner up's should all go to vegas anyways... and TEE PEE DANIELS HOUSE!!! :club::lol:

i still like the logo i now think i know what THEY were going forthe logo is skated over look like you would see on the ice during a hockey game the chip is a puck not sure why the bite is there

I would only assume that he got in it then for teh $2,000 wich is kindof a shame... since I know almost EVERYONE else who entered would have taken then las vegas trip in a heartbeat :cry:
not me. I would take the 2 grand!! i'm a big negreanu fan but i'm busy with school/work. and i need the money. but i didnt even enter since my design skills are lacking big time

rlebowjoined June 15th, day of deadline. Posted on original thread.his occupation advertsing director in toronto for a ad/web design firm.Also stated DN should pick the winner not a forum vote,Dun Dun Dunnnnn

My $.02... this was supposed to be "a contest for all of the loyal FCP Forum members." so if a pro was hired it DOES matter b/c its a waste of the " loyal FCP Forum members'" time (also.. does joining 9 days after the deadline put you in the above category? ala Chadwick.. the winner)

and DC..please stop your b*itching. i'm sure a few people are tired of it. you didn't win, big deal. you had a very good logo but it wasnt what daniel was looking for. I actually thought that they went with the best logo. now i wonder how everyone is going to react if some newbie wins the WSOP freeroll. RIOT!!! RIOT!!!teneightcongrats chadwick, the best logo won!!

"a contest for all of the loyal FCP Forum members." Where does it say this?
Poker Journal > FCP Logo Contest:"So while we were talking shop the idea popped up about doing a contest to come up with a cool new logo for Full Contact Poker. What better way then to have a contest for all of the loyal FCP Forum members." -DN
"a contest for all of the loyal FCP Forum members." Where does it say this?
Poker Journal > FCP Logo Contest:"So while we were talking shop the idea popped up about doing a contest to come up with a cool new logo for Full Contact Poker. What better way then to have a contest for all of the loyal FCP Forum members." -DN
Ok thanks...But the original posting did not say it...http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...5748&highlight=
Yeah, I know now it was an open contest, I just really think it stinks that an outsider swooped in who does this for a living and now a FCPer won't get the chance to go to vegas :cry:Oh well, im done with my censored for the night. I'm just upset I didn't win... im sure EVERYONE who made it to the final 9 is upset they didnt make it... it just sucks MORE when you know some f*ckass pro who had never even been to this site before came in and... yadda yadda.I still think us runner up's should all go to vegas anyways... and TEE PEE DANIELS HOUSE!!! :club::lol:
Let's wait to hear Chadwick's story before we lynch 'em. There's always a chance that it's a real DN fan and that would be way cool (especially for Chadwick). If not, that would definitely suck (especially for the other 4 finalists). Chadwick, what's yer story, dude?!

Well I really think there were alot of rules and specifics left out, but for a first contest I would say it went smooth enough. But im sure what most of us thought of when we heard "logo" wasn't something the emphasized the website's NAME. Most logo's are just that. LOGO's. Nike, Apple, Pepsi, McDonalds... I think this was already discussed in the other thread.Anyways, I just wish there were some more specifics on what he was looking for and maybe a few more rules laid out...

oh wait it wasnt chadwick with the epenis sorryVypros wrote: You guys are really making me laugh at how you all act conceited and try to decorate yourself as gods gift to design. Half of you have no idea what you are talking about, but yet you still blab on. I work for Critical Mass www.criticalmass.com If you want to see some real design, check out the projects I've helped design. We've done total reconstruction for Nasa, Mercedes Benz, Nike, and other HIGH profile clients. I'm not going to blab on about irrelevant issues here, other than most of you need to google up what you're going to say before posting it, because some of you are making yourselfs look like a joke. BTW< Critical Mass is one of canadas biggest design firms.

My $.02... this was supposed to be "a contest for all of the loyal FCP Forum members." so if a pro was hired it DOES matter b/c its a waste of the " loyal FCP Forum members'" time (also.. does joining 9 days after the deadline put you in the above category? ala Chadwick.. the winner)
FYI, I joined the day before the deadline (if that question was for me, but I think you may have been referring to Chadwick? Not sure.). I think if a pro was *hired* then that is definitely not fair. However, if I am a DN fan and I have enough talent to throw a logo together, then I think that's fair game. The jury's still out on Chadwick tho... funny how everyone thinks this guy is in it for the $$$. Guess only time (or Chadwick himself) will tell.
oh wait it wasnt chadwick with the epenis sorryVypros wrote:  You guys are really making me laugh at how you all act conceited and try to decorate yourself as gods gift to design. Half of you have no idea what you are talking about, but yet you still blab on. I work for Critical Mass www.criticalmass.com  If you want to see some real design, check out the projects I've helped design.  We've done total reconstruction for Nasa, Mercedes Benz, Nike, and other HIGH profile clients. I'm not going to blab on about irrelevant issues here, other than most of you need to google up what you're going to say before posting it, because some of you are making yourselfs look like a joke.  BTW< Critical Mass is one of canadas biggest design firms.
Ya i already checked. but about 5 pages before him there wa sthis guyrlebowjoined June 15th, day of deadline. Posted on original thread.his occupation advertsing director in toronto for a ad/web design firm.Also stated DN should pick the winner not a forum voteand he did a lot of yappin at first and then edited all his posts to say. "may the best deisgn win"

k... here is my sour grapes story.... I'll admit it's sour grapes right up front, it's natural when you put so much heart into something only to come up short. This post is simply a venting process so I can sleep tonight. Seperate from my opinions of my own design which are biased, there are a few others in the finals that I personally thought were better than the chosen one.Best use of a hockey theme! BAH! That's called tying the logo subtly into the theme of the site. Frankly I'd of preferred not to of had a special category made to fit my logo into. The winning logo though nice enough could be slapped on virtually any poker site. It says nothing about Daniel, Full Contact or anything to distinguish it in the market. When you look at the winning logo and compare it to one of my entries:20068947_21cf37b34a.jpgmed_1119840387-19.jpgYou'll see a great deal of similarity. Yes, my design is simpler and not a rendered design. That was intentional as it will reproduce easily in 1,2,3, or 4 color process so it's flexible. The winning design will not reproduce easily without a multi color process. I think this logo is much more interesting and versatile... too much hockey between the 'puck' and the font? Perhaps, I should have made the chips more obvious... dunno. Ultimately, I'm super happy with my logo... and will likely make a hockey jersey with it. Anyway... I've said my peace and the offer still stands... if Chadwick wants the $2,000, I'll pay and take the trip... though I suspect that is simply speculation by the forums and he'll take the trip.The offer is there however. I'll show up with my logo on a Jersey and I'll party hard with Daniel and crew.k... I feel a bit better now.Reg

well maybe we all get our chipsets im kinda hopin for a copy of stcked for the old xbox autographed copy of supersytems 2 or maybe a autographed hockey jersey (dallas stars please) but im not greedy :shock:

well maybe we all get our chipsets im kinda hopin for a copy of stcked for the old xbox  autographed copy of supersytems 2 or maybe a autographed hockey jersey   (dallas stars  please)  but im not greedy  :shock:
NO. That would be the worst!1) I don't have an X-Box2) I don't care fo rhockey3) Already have SS2.Just have him send us the chip set, but inside... have it be REAL $100 dollar chips ( 300 of them ) for the wynn :shock::shock::shock:No, Im not greedy at all! :club: