2.5 orbits is NOT plenty of time short handed.. it is criziz time.. the next time the blinds go throw you, they will day take away 30 percent of your stack.. the time after that, fifty percent.. if you're going to win, you need to double up, and double up having enough chips to make it count.. if you're trying to sklansky youre way up a few spots, okay then, fine.. but you're in criziz mode, every one is playing tight, get in there and STEAL and build your stack up..

I was kidding about the plenty of time thing, as you probably noticed.I made the final table pretty short, but not dire -- 40k when the average was 76k. Second hand in early position I found TT and put it all in. AK and KK called behind me and my flopped straight draw didn't improve.I don't think I can wait for the 9000 worth of blinds to take a chunk out of me and wait for something better, and I think limping is also the wrong idea with a hand like TT. So I went out, and I'm ok with it.I was riding high at 50k as the chip leader pretty early on, but I went down to a series of losses QQ to A4 (12,000)AK to AQ (13,000)AK to AJ (15,000)I admit, I did bust a short stack with AT vs his AK, but I had the chips and felt it was worthwhile. I simply did not have to suck out very often to make it as far as I did. When I got short, I hit a couple, but as it turns out, I was NEVER all-in with an inferior hand until the very last one. Not once in the entire tournament. That's how I like it, and I feel like that's a sign that I played well.Anyway, I hope it was enjoyable....I'm frustrated. 10th is NOT a good result for me. But it'll have to do for now.

Postscript: The player who I had all in with AQ against my AKs ended up winning. Bittersweet, but at least my chips were put to good use. He doubled through me again later as well in a coinflip with slightly the better of it.

• 3 years later...
bump for "rail me in top 100 with 700 left" posterity
I believe it's "rail me because I am the chip leader with 100 left out of an original 700"But either way very Congressman's Son-like.