why 100/200 is hard

So you think he was hoping the MP would call that 3-bet? Hmm, I guess I don't view it that way.I think folding a worse hand there is good, folding a better hand there is great, a better hand calling is no big deal, a worse hand calling is no big deal, and a better hand capping sucjs, but not that much.

I think we could c/f the river UI if the turn was capped... :shock:
Meh... the safest play is to just open-farrell the river. :wink:
I have yet to see a player who raised the turn who didn't at least call the 3-bet
gasp, I watch the 100/200 game alot its quite common for a turn raise to be a folded to a 3-bet.. Often times at that level a raise on the turn is a complete bluff or a semi bluff where they would fold to a 3-bet.
I think folding a worse hand there is good, folding a better hand there is great, a better hand calling is no big deal, a worse hand calling is no big deal, and a better hand capping sucjs, but not that much.
see, I agree with with everything you said here. Hoping for folds, with a good chance to end up with the best hand anyway.. sounds semi-bluffish to me. A strictly value bet, would be looking for a worse hand to call, where as, in this case he's hoping for folds but doesn't really mind getting called too much cause of the flush draw. Getting capped would suck.I think we all like the line, just for different reasons... Although, to be honest, I can't believe so many posters agree with this free showdown theory. No offense to those that do...

Someone please explain why this is such an extraordinary hand please...Well, you don't have to explain. I just think it's fairly straight forward. Then again, I'm not very good.

Why would he 3-bet the turn and then check the river?He has top pair with a weak kicker.
That's what this whole thread has been explaining, try re-reading it. I still think it's pretty standard.
Why would he 3-bet the turn and then check the river?He has top pair with a weak kicker.
That's what this whole thread has been explaining, try re-reading it..
huh?