dammit this could have been hilarious...

Mike Sexton just got bubbled before the final table of the Pot Limit Hold em event.How good would it have been to watch him on ESPN as they cut away to shots of VVP and Shana between hands cheering him on, VVP leaning to Shana and saying "Oooh, I betcha the star spangled banner's going through his head...lookit him, he's SOOO excited!"Dammit, It could have been so good! :cry:

I'd rather watch Eight is Enough reruns on a continuous loop for 50 years than to listen to that IDIOT VVP talk about how songs are running through ANY players head. I mean he sucks more than Antonio Esfandiari at a gay bar. He ruins the wpt for me. I can't really get into it because i'm sick of his retread "insert type of song here" comment. If they would replace Shana...her choice or not, they can hire one of the De luise sons if they want an "actors washed up kid" to fit the bill.

I'd rather watch Eight is Enough reruns on a continuous loop for 50 years than to listen to that IDIOT VVP talk about how songs are running through ANY players head. I mean he sucks more than Antonio Esfandiari at a gay bar. He ruins the wpt for me. I can't really get into it because i'm sick of his retread "insert type of song here" comment. If they would replace Shana...her choice or not, they can hire one of the De luise sons if they want an "actors washed up kid" to fit the bill.
I'm gathering you don't like Vince Van Patten?SW
I'd love to hear you commentate on the show. I'd bet there would be a lot of silence and innane babble once they put that mic in front of you.
I'd rather watch Eight is Enough reruns on a continuous loop for 50 years than to listen to that IDIOT VVP talk about how songs are running through ANY players head. I mean he sucks more than Antonio Esfandiari at a gay bar. He ruins the wpt for me. I can't really get into it because i'm sick of his retread "insert type of song here" comment. If they would replace Shana...her choice or not' date=' they can hire one of the De luise sons if they want an "actors washed up kid" to fit the bill.[/quote']I'd love to hear you commentate on the show. I'd bet there would be a lot of silence and innane babble once they put that mic in front of youHey don't confuse me with what happens to you when you're on a date with a woman, (or a man... I'm guessing that's more your thing). I don't hate him as a person, but the saying in general wears out faster than your masturbating hand on a friday night. As a professional PAID announcer you would think he'd take a little time to work on his craft, change it up a bit. Don't defend him by attacking me defend him by proving that is worth hearing over & over. I don't get paid to talk about poker, or I garuntee you I'd have something better to repeat than that crap.He could learn a TON from Sexton, yet he seems content being mediocre.As do you.
Guest XXEddie
I'd love to hear you commentate on the show. I'd bet there would be a lot of silence and innane babble once they put that mic in front of you.
Itd be like that one silent commentator in Major League"Fly Ball...................caught"
I'm gathering you don't like Vince Van Patten?SW
LOL....He just is so repetetive....even though Sexton has his signature phrases they aren't weak.Do ANY of you hear pretend songs in your head when you hit a big hand??I mean seriously....he's like a second rate Van Patten, that says it all right there.
Itd be like that one silent commentator in Major League"Fly Ball...................caught"
LOL,,,at least that was funny, nice one Eddie

He does make me want to jab my ears with a crochet needle. But there is something to be said for the Star Spangled Banner going off in your head when you get american airlines. Or the speed limit. Or the midlife crisis. Or ducks. The cowboys. The divas. The Hilton sisters. Or any of those.........ok, so he is a complete doucheclown. Repeating all of that made me want to punch myself.......

He does make me want to jab my ears with a crochet needle. But there is something to be said for the Star Spangled Banner going off in your head when you get american airlines. Or the speed limit. Or the midlife crisis. Or ducks. The cowboys. The divas. The Hilton sisters. Or any of those.........ok, so he is a complete doucheclown. Repeating all of that made me want to punch myself.......
"head or gut?" (Bruce Willis The Last Boy Scout) :club:

IMO, the "[insert song type] must be going through his head right now!" line by VVP is not NEARLY as bad as sexton's recurring "he can't possibly put him on an ace because he didn't raise before the flop!" line....

Classic! :club: "Anything to add?""No, not really.""They don't call him the best color man in the league for nothing!"
don't forget "dynamite drop-in, Marty! those broadcasting lessons are really paying off!"
IMO, the "[insert song type] must be going through his head right now!" line by VVP is not NEARLY as bad as sexton's recurring "he can't possibly put him on an ace because he didn't raise before the flop!" line....
maybe, maybe not...but it IS more real & about poker. Example... the other night when one of the Actors, (i think Thomas Everett Scott is his name) gets a hand, & he says "Showtunes must be going off in his head right now"SHOWTUNES??? what is he, excited AND gay???I mean right there he jumped the shark. IMO
how bout the "look at him! he has aces and isn't showing ANY emotion! this is why he's a pro!"
As bad as some of those lines are, I still think Mike Sexton isn't that bad. He does a really good job breaking down the plays for the newbies and the goal of the show is to get bigger and get more people interested in poker, so I would say its necessary. But for rest of us who watch every week, this does start to get on our nerves. I really think they should bring in pros to help with the commentating. I wouldn't mind hearing what Howard Lederer, DN, Doyle, Ivey, Hellmuth, and Chip Reese have to say about the hands. It would definitely help the show.
BINGO BANGO BONGO, VINCE!Dealer: "Mister Sexton...it is your turn to act sir...and announcing your hand strength is against the rules."
HA! That one was nice.....Methinks I shall now retreat to the WPT Poker Corner. I need some quiet