quick nl question

Not sure if there's a correct answer to this. Just wondering how you guys would play this kind of situation in general.First hand in a $5 NL HE SNG on PStars.You're dealt 10d-10c in MP1. Two limpers (no surprise), you raise to 100 to isolate hopefully.All fold to the two limpers, who call.Flop comes: 9c 2h 3h.UTG checks, UTG+1 unceremoniously pushes all in for his 1400 chips, exactly your stack.Call or fold?

Fold. And i'd suggest that in level one w/ people already in pot dont raise weak limpers here w less than QQ. You got a better chance to put that 100 to work later on some blind steals. Try to flop a set and bust someone here. Peace.

Id call, I can see an A9 , or two hearts doing this, not much else.. the dude probably thinks your AQ or whatever missed. call.. double up now, and sit back, wait for "real" hands and make the money..you lose to an idiot playing JJ or AA, and you get out early and move on to the next SNG thats the beauty of these SNGs

Fold. And i'd suggest that in level one w/ people already in pot dont raise weak limpers here w less than QQ. You got a better chance to put that 100 to work later on some blind steals. Try to flop a set and bust someone here. Peace.
I used to try that, got a new one now, it was working pretty well..I dont wanna say what it is until I have a good record with it so that I dont misslead anyone here.

Fold - the other guy either hit a set, or has the flush draw. A slow played overpair is also possible.You still have 1,400 chips after this hand, plenty of time to make a move.And I would agree with some of the other posters who wouldn't raise 10's this early in the SNG. Blinds are only 10/20; I'd play for the set and a potential huge payoff then try to take some blinds with a 5xBB raise.

I doubt you're behind here often. This looks like he's got a 9 or a flush draw (probably with an overcard or two). Next most likely is a pocket pair under 9's. He probably didn't limp JJ or better, and that looks nothing like a guy who hit his set. Two pair is unlikely because of the board. The only hand I'd be worried about is a pair of 9's AND the flush draw.

Fold - the other guy either hit a set, or has the flush draw. A slow played overpair is also possible.
and an A9 call from some donk that got excited he hit top pair isnt? some how that seems more likely. It seems like everyone has completely erased the read factor from poker. A flush draw is possible,and you'll be called by them and outdrawn by them plenty of times in SNGs, its part of the game..ever since I started the fish thing on SNGs I realized how much people LOVE to bluff in these things, its scary..doesnt look like a set really..
You still have 1,400 chips after this hand, plenty of time to make a move.
or you can have 3,100 and avoid having to make one of those desperate bubble moves everyone ends up making after 3 rounds of cold cards.. if you get chips now, you can afford to raise AK at the 25/50 level miss a flop, bet and fold to an all in, if you dont you cant..
And I would agree with some of the other posters who wouldn't raise 10's this early in the SNG. Blinds are only 10/20; I'd play for the set and a potential huge payoff then try to take some blinds with a 5xBB raise.
yeah, that works............for now :twisted:
The only hand I'd be worried about is a pair of 9's AND the flush draw.
why would you be worried about a pair of nines and a flush draw? isnt that what you want your dude pushing with so you can bust him?unless you meant that you only think he has 9's or a flush draw, but you arent really worried about them...in which case ignore this post.

Thanks for the responses. I thought about it for a while and decided a set/two pair would definitely try a check raise here. His hand was pretty much what you guys guessed him for - J :club: 9 :D . With 14 outs, he was 50/50 against my overpair, and my hand held up. Knowing he was that strong, I would've folded; why risk my tournament this early on a coin toss? But in general, I could see a lot of people playing A9 this way.Reverse the roles. Say you limped and called with J :D 9 :heart. I think I would probably check call a pot sized bet here. If the turn helps me, I've got a lot of ways of extracting value; if it doesnt, then the action may slow because of a scare card. Any thoughts about it? I know I'm definitely not pushing all in ... lol

I would have guessed a flush draw, alot of SnG players like to call huge raises with suited cards to make a flush draw...go all in, and try to double up. Seems like they never assume you have an overpair. They think the only hand someone raises with is AK.Nice call.