funny story accually...

So....the other day i was playing a friendly game of no limit texas hold 'em with my buddies....(now i have this disease that i can almost never fold a hand.)so my friend raises about 5x the big blind and everyone else folded, i looked down at 5 :club: 2 :D i call and the flop comes out 4 :diamond:5 :D 8 :) he bets again and i calls the turn comes out 6 :D he bets about half his chips and i call..the last card up comes as king :) so that gave me the king high flushhe bet, i called and he flipped over pocket aces. I hit runner runner for the flush and my 5 :) 2 :) cracked his own POCKET ACES!

(now i have this disease that i'm awful at poker.)
FYPOh, and for what it's worth I'm about 99.9% sure you're a troll.
alright so what i make a lot of calls and i hit medium pair on the flop...so what?and no i did not say i was an awful poker player...i said that i have trouble folding hands
(now i have this disease that i'm awful at poker.)
FYPOh, and for what it's worth I'm about 99.9% sure you're a troll.
alright so what i make a lot of calls and i hit medium pair on the flop...so what?and no i did not say i was an awful poker player...i said that i have trouble folding hands
FYP means "fixed your post." You didn't say you're an awful player. I'm saying you're an awful player. The disease that causes you to never fold a hand has a name - awfulness. If you had given any legitmate reason to call a raise with 25s (and there are legitimate reasons), you wouldn't come off so horribly. But the mere fact that you stated "I have a disease..." makes your play horrendous.

I happen to be the guy that recieved this bad beat. I still cant believe he would call me with 25 for that big of a raise. But Runner Runner u didnt reraise me on the flop b/c i definatley would have pushed./cant wait to play u again :twisted:

oh and by the way censored.GEORGE BUSH IS YOUR PRESIDENTHE WON  KERRY LOSTGET OVER IT
Wow. You must be a really literal guy. I thought the whole "Not My President" message was pretty easy to understand, but apparently there are some throwbacks who have trouble weeding through three big words to understand symbolism... I'm going to go ahead and assume you're A) not old enough to vote (don't lie now), or B) old enough but too apathetic to vote. In either case, I'm sure your "conservative" (definition, please?) values are handed down from your equally enlightened parents, but you're too ****ing stupid to weed through it and form your own opinions.Now I'll spell it out - I don't agree with George Bush's policies. I think he's a disgrace and turning us (that's you included) against the rest of the world, and it's only a matter of time until you feel the repercussions from your noble leader's decisions. Wait until you're of traveling age (I mean, when you don't have to have a parental guardian with you on an airplane) and see what happens when you try to explore other countries. See what they think of you there. And the reason many foreigners feel this way? It's certainly not because of you or me. It's because of George W. Bush, slayer of John Kerry.I didn't mean to make this a preachfest, but you need to get your watermelon-sized cranium out of your ass and read between the lines. Not My President = I didn't vote for him, I don't welcome him, but I guess I need to deal with him.And with that, die.
I happen to be the guy that recieved this bad beat. I still cant believe he would call me with 25 for that big of a raise. But Runner Runner u didnt reraise me on the flop b/c i definatley would have pushed./cant wait to play u again :twisted:
sorry dude...calm and no i would not have called an all in.....lol sorry made a mistake man.......
oh and by the way censored.GEORGE BUSH IS YOUR PRESIDENTHE WON KERRY LOSTGET OVER IT
Wow. You must be a really literal guy. I thought the whole "Not My President" message was pretty easy to understand, but apparently there are some throwbacks who have trouble weeding through three big words to understand symbolism... I'm going to go ahead and assume you're A) not old enough to vote (don't lie now), or B) old enough but too apathetic to vote. In either case, I'm sure your "conservative" (definition, please?) values are handed down from your equally enlightened parents, but you're too censored stupid to weed through it and form your own opinions.Now I'll spell it out - I don't agree with George Bush's policies. I think he's a disgrace and turning us (that's you included) against the rest of the world, and it's only a matter of time until you feel the repercussions from your noble leader's decisions. Wait until you're of traveling age (I mean, when you don't have to have a parental guardian with you on an airplane) and see what happens when you try to explore other countries. See what they think of you there. And the reason many foreigners feel this way? It's certainly not because of you or me. It's because of George W. Bush, slayer of John Kerry.I didn't mean to make this a preachfest, but you need to get your watermelon-sized cranium out of your ass and read between the lines. Not My President = I didn't vote for him, I don't welcome him, but I guess I need to deal with him.And with that, die.
You got to admit though he kicked some terrorist butt!Going to get to pick probably two Supreme Court Justices too. Pretty cool dude.
oh and by the way censored.GEORGE BUSH IS YOUR PRESIDENTHE WON KERRY LOSTGET OVER IT
Wow. You must be a really literal guy. I thought the whole "Not My President" message was pretty easy to understand, but apparently there are some throwbacks who have trouble weeding through three big words to understand symbolism... I'm going to go ahead and assume you're A) not old enough to vote (don't lie now), or B) old enough but too apathetic to vote. In either case, I'm sure your "conservative" (definition, please?) values are handed down from your equally enlightened parents, but you're too censored stupid to weed through it and form your own opinions.Now I'll spell it out - I don't agree with George Bush's policies. I think he's a disgrace and turning us (that's you included) against the rest of the world, and it's only a matter of time until you feel the repercussions from your noble leader's decisions. Wait until you're of traveling age (I mean, when you don't have to have a parental guardian with you on an airplane) and see what happens when you try to explore other countries. See what they think of you there. And the reason many foreigners feel this way? It's certainly not because of you or me. It's because of George W. Bush, slayer of John Kerry.I didn't mean to make this a preachfest, but you need to get your watermelon-sized cranium out of your ass and read between the lines. Not My President = I didn't vote for him, I don't welcome him, but I guess I need to deal with him.And with that, die.
You got to admit though he kicked some terrorist butt!Going to get to pick probably two Supreme Court Justices too. Pretty cool dude.
This is sarcasm, right? It must be, I mean it has to be. If not, you need to explain which terrorist's butts were kicked. I'm waiting.
Guest XXEddie
dude does it matter i picked up the cards that i needed and won the handso what why are you so set on going and making fun of the way other people play?
....wowthat doesnt sound like something a fish would say(SW)

jesus christ!!!i was just telling a story i played the hand and now you people are making fun of me because i play like that? who on this forum saw World Poker tour last night? (june 8th) if you did, i play just like Gustav Hansen. I play a lot of hands and bluff a lot.i play and i win with my statagy..so please...WILL YOU PlEASE..... shove it!

PWNED
oh and by the way censored.GEORGE BUSH IS YOUR PRESIDENTHE WON  KERRY LOSTGET OVER IT
This is sarcasm, right? It must be, I mean it has to be. If not, you need to explain which terrorist's butts were kicked. I'm waiting.
That wasn't Mark Walhberg in his BVDs in the newspaper was it?And Al hiding isn't bombing civilians in America, they're hiding in holes taking pot shots at the greatest fighting force in the history of the world.I'd much rather have the fight brought to their homes, than fought in ours.I understand why your prejudicial outlook can be swayed by nonstop negative reporting by the big three news programs, but the facts are still the facts.But I was being slightly baiting in my last post, probably shouldn't be, so I'll agree to disagree if you wish.dittos,
That wasn't Mark Walhberg in his BVDs in the newspaper was it?And Al hiding isn't bombing civilians in America, they're hiding in holes taking pot shots at the greatest fighting force in the history of the world.I'd much rather have the fight brought to their homes, than fought in ours.I understand why your prejudicial outlook can be swayed by nonstop negative reporting by the big three news programs, but the facts are still the facts.But I was being slightly baiting in my last post, probably shouldn't be, so I'll agree to disagree if you wish.dittos,
Are you enjoying your color coded threat warning today? I know I am.Let me know when you find those weapons in Iraq, too.Tks big guy

I'll try taking this one piece by piece...

That wasn't Mark Walhberg in his BVDs in the newspaper was it?
"To my knowledge, I have not seen any strong, hard evidence that links (Hussein and Bin Laden)." Know who said that? Donald Rumsfeld, the Defense Secretary under Bush (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3715396.stm). Now explain which terrorists' butts we're kicking? The terrorists are coming out of the woodwork in Iraq because we've created a hot bed for terrorist activity. Good one, Bush.
And Al hiding isn't bombing civilians in America, they're hiding in holes taking pot shots at the greatest fighting force in the history of the world.
There are two parts here. For the first, excluding racially and religiously motivated terrorism (re: "in house" terrorism, not perpetrated by certain Muslims), and without citing either WTC bombings, name on act of terrorism that's occurred on American soil in recent history. Regarding "pot shots?" Hmmm... 1,685 dead and 12,762 wounded(http://www.antiwar.com/casualties/)... So I guess our "greatest fighting force in the history of the world" shouldn't be offended by your blatant belittlement of the horror that they live every day?
I understand why your prejudicial outlook can be swayed by nonstop negative reporting by the big three news programs, but the facts are still the facts.
I'm not sure which programs you're referring to, but no, I don't watch the news because 90% of it is bullshit. I form my opinions and ethical standpoints on my own. I don't let other people influence. I base my opinions on fact. You have no factual basis for anything you've said. In fact, you're the perfect Republican dummy, because you have no idea what your views are. You certainly couldn't explain them (you've already demonstrated that). Do yourself a favor. Be a Republican, but be informed. It will save you from sounding like such an idiot.
Guest XXEddie
jesus christ!!!i was just telling a story i played the hand and now you people are making fun of me because i play like that? who on this forum saw World Poker tour last night? (june 8th) if you did, i play just like Gustav Hansen. I play a lot of hands and bluff a lot.i play and i win with my statagy..so please...WILL YOU PlEASE..... shove it!
No, you are much worse than Gus HansenGus can acually fold a shitty hand, you cant
jesus christ!!!i was just telling a story i played the hand and now you people are making fun of me because i play like that?  who on this forum saw World Poker tour last night? (june 8th) if you did,  i play just like Gustav Hansen.  I play a lot of hands and bluff a lot.i play and i win with my statagy..so please...WILL YOU PlEASE..... shove it!
No, you are much worse than Gus HansenGus can acually fold a censored hand, you cant
I think his Gus Hansen comment pretty much illustrated the troll factor of his post.If he's not, he should realize that this is a poker forum, and that people will often feel free to shit on your strategy if it is completely corrupted.
jesus christ!!!i was just telling a story i played the hand and now you people are making fun of me because i play like that?  who on this forum saw World Poker tour last night? (june 8th) if you did,  i play just like Gustav Hansen.  I play a lot of hands and bluff a lot.i play and i win with my statagy..so please...WILL YOU PlEASE..... shove it!
No, you are much worse than Gus HansenGus can acually fold a censored hand, you cant
I think his Gus Hansen comment pretty much illustrated the troll factor of his post.If he's not, he should realize that this is a poker forum, and that people will often feel free to censored on your strategy if it is completely corrupted.
Or not, and they just feel like pissing on you. Get over yourself, runner runner. You ain't Gustav Hansen.
I think his Gus Hansen comment pretty much illustrated the troll factor of his post.If he's not, he should realize that this is a poker forum, and that people will often feel free to censored on your strategy if it is completely corrupted.
i didnt say that i was i said that we play the same kind of strategyOr not, and they just feel like censored on you. Get over yourself, runner runner. You ain't Gustav Hansen.
i didnt say that i was i said that we play the same kind of way i never said i was....
I'll try taking this one piece by piece...
That wasn't Mark Walhberg in his BVDs in the newspaper was it?
"To my knowledge, I have not seen any strong, hard evidence that links (Hussein and Bin Laden)." Know who said that? Donald Rumsfeld, the Defense Secretary under Bush (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3715396.stm). Now explain which terrorists' butts we're kicking? The terrorists are coming out of the woodwork in Iraq because we've created a hot bed for terrorist activity. Good one, Bush.
And Al hiding isn't bombing civilians in America, they're hiding in holes taking pot shots at the greatest fighting force in the history of the world.
There are two parts here. For the first, excluding racially and religiously motivated terrorism (re: "in house" terrorism, not perpetrated by certain Muslims), and without citing either WTC bombings, name on act of terrorism that's occurred on American soil in recent history. Regarding "pot shots?" Hmmm... 1,685 dead and 12,762 wounded(http://www.antiwar.com/casualties/)... So I guess our "greatest fighting force in the history of the world" shouldn't be offended by your blatant belittlement of the horror that they live every day?
I understand why your prejudicial outlook can be swayed by nonstop negative reporting by the big three news programs, but the facts are still the facts.
I'm not sure which programs you're referring to, but no, I don't watch the news because 90% of it is censored. I form my opinions and ethical standpoints on my own. I don't let other people influence. I base my opinions on fact. You have no factual basis for anything you've said. In fact, you're the perfect Republican dummy, because you have no idea what your views are. You certainly couldn't explain them (you've already demonstrated that). Do yourself a favor. Be a Republican, but be informed. It will save you from sounding like such an idiot.
Since this post isn't the best place for this, start one in Other Topics and I'll try to respond as a good republican idiot just for you. Leave the link here and I'll follow you just like I follow everyone with an elephant on their shirt.But first we should cover a little debating reality called a straw man arguement; just because you say I have no facts to back up my assertions, doesn't make it true. Nor does it make it true that because Rumsfeld said Saddam doesn't have any connections to Bin Hiding that Saddam is not a terrorist and shouldn't have been included in the US war on terror. When he offered $25,000 to the families of suicide bombers in Israel, he made himself a financial backer of terrorist. I know the BBC didn't explain it to you so you can't make that difficult connection, but that's your lack of logic. There is also no truth to your silly assertion that I have no factual basis just because I didn't list them. I was trying to keep the post short and under the radar because this arguement is off topic. So you are the one with no factual basis making accusations.You make up 'truths' about me than tear them down and pretend you won the argument. 1st grade debating method. Try to step up or you'll never leave the 3/6 tables.To know that 90% of the news is cencored you would have to know the inner workings of all media outlets. So you made a generalization to fit you're opinion. therefore you contradicted yourself when you said you base your opinions of facts. You don't you mol facts to fit your opinion. You are biased towards your personal worldview. Newsflash, we all are, but you haven't made the connection yet and are too proud of your own intelligence. I also love how you don't watch 90% of news then quote a 3 year old story from the BBC.And you want a recent terrorist action of US soil...two words...embassy bombings. I know the USS Cole was in a Yemen port, but that was an act of terrorism against the USA just as much as the WTC. And I love how you say, other than these times, show me one, as if we can brush the two WTC attacks because they don't fit your arguement. You're perception that the terrorist are coming out of the woodwork is simply your perception. The arguement can also be made that we've got the terrorist coming to us, on our terms, in their backyard. Militarily we are only at risk because of our compassion for the civilians. Otherwise we could have sat outside Fullujah and shelled them into submision. And we wouldn't be patrolling, we'd create a fortress and send tanks out to shoot anyone who looked twice at us. Our compassion is not a weakness, but it is an expensive virtue.If you want to keep it civil, I can too, otherwise I can flame with the worst of them. You set the mood and I'll respond. If I was a little cutting in my first post than I apologize, I would actually prefer a humerous series of posts with pithy referances to poker over serious 'you're an idiot, I'm an idiot' posts. Those are so boring and been done so many times.Also I can drop this subject at a tie, agree to disagree and talk poker, and treat you with respect. But you call me an idiot again I'll follow you around and make references to your ancestory. Just to give you a taste:"You're mother smelled of elderberries!" Don't mess with me, I know Monty Python!You're call.
Are you enjoying your color coded threat warning today? I know I am.Let me know when you find those weapons in Iraq, too.Tks big guy
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/wo...ack=1&cset=trueSorry, they didn't find WMD's, just missing all the equipment to make the things they don't have. But owning a weaponds grade biolab isn't related to WMDs, because they were making....powered milk. Good think Clinton didn't hear about it, he would have bombed that one too.I will not, and cannot defend stupid governmental policies such as threat warnings by color. Except to say that this is how Washington feels about all of us, both sides, both color states, and the fact that Dean got picked to run your side makes me feel better about my side.
I will not, and cannot defend stupid governmental policies such as threat warnings by color. Except to say that this is how Washington feels about all of us, both sides, both color states, and the fact that Dean got picked to run your side makes me feel better about my side.
Honestly, I don't have a side. I hate both of them fairly equally. But the color coding crap annoys me. Yeah, both sides woulda done it. Says alot for the people who feel the need to attempt to govern our country./back on topicAces sixes beats kings beats beat